I did it. I booked with RCL instead of Disney.

AtticusandArella

Earning My Ears
I am one of the people who can't justify on the price of the Disney cruise. I had the reservation for 4 of us to Western Caribbean in December and the price is around $5000 ( this is the beginning of December) but since RCL is half the price, I thought I would try it.

Our itenary is Galveston, TX - Roatan - Belize City - Cozumel on Libery of the Seas. If anyone on here have taken this route before please let me know what I MUST do on the ship and/or at the port.

Thank you.

I've not done that itinerary - but we also left Disney for RCCL. Have done 2 with RCCL and number 3 and 4 are booked. If you are anything like us you will enjoy Royal very much. I do not feel at all cheated by not going with DCL - they want just too much money!

Start your planning.......

I've not done that itinerary - but we also left Disney for RCCL. Have done 2 with RCCL and number 3 and 4 are booked. If you are anything like us you will enjoy Royal very much. I do not feel at all cheated by not going with DCL - they want just too much money!

Start your planning.......
Can you give some advice regarding the ship? With Disney, it's so much information. With RCCL, I can't even find the picture of the room that I was selected ( the actual picture)

I don't think I'm going to do the drink package. My liver can't handle that much alcohol and I have 4 and soon to be 2 year old so I have to act like an adult Thinking about bringing brita pitcher for my water in the room. Am I even allow?

That is pretty much I know what I will do that this point.

you can get the drink package that includes sodas and specialty coffee. the water on the ship is drinkable. it's what they use to prep your food.

we also jumped ship and booked with Royal. honestly, the pool area on Liberty looks more fun than the Disney ships' pool area.

There's really nothing to filter out of the water.

I can't drink the water on ships because there's either still sodium in it OR taking out all electrolytes throws my system off, but not everyone reacts that way. Still, a Brita wouldn't help.

On Royal there are water packages (21 one-liter bottles of Evian), soda packages (though I'm not 100% sure Adventure has the Freestyle machines that make those really worth it to soda drinkers), and there's the Replenish package which includes bottled water, sparkling water, fresh-squeezed OJ in the morning (from-concentrate juices are available for free on the ship, but the fresh squeezed stuff normally has a charge), drinks from the espresso kiosk stand including Tazo Tea bags, and NON-alcoholic mocktails and things like virgin frozen daiquiris.

Those are the non-alcohol-containing packages onboard.

What stateroom are you in that you want to find out about?

Can you give some advice regarding the ship? With Disney, it's so much information. With RCCL, I can't even find the picture of the room that I was selected ( the actual picture)

I don't think I'm going to do the drink package. My liver can't handle that much alcohol and I have 4 and soon to be 2 year old so I have to act like an adult Thinking about bringing brita pitcher for my water in the room. Am I even allow?

That is pretty much I know what I will do that this point.
Regarding the ship and staterooms: cruiselinerooms.com has good pictures of the various staterooms. Check cruisecritic for specific information about the ship, or try the RCL Press site: http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/ships/

The drink package isn't worth the cost unless you're a heavy drinker. There is a soda package, and a soda and water package that you might want to consider. As for water, a brita pitcher is not a problem, but the water on the ship is purified the same way as most bottled water, so there's really no need to lug a pitcher along

We are sailing on Liberty in August doing Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel. It is our first on RCCL and I'm looking forward to something new and different. :thumbsup2 I found a stateroom review thread with lots of specific cabin numbers on cruisecritic, between that and the other info suggested in other posts hopefully you can find what you are looking for.

There's really nothing to filter out of the water.

I can't drink the water on ships because there's either still sodium in it OR taking out all electrolytes throws my system off, but not everyone reacts that way. Still, a Brita wouldn't help.

On Royal there are water packages (21 one-liter bottles of Evian), soda packages (though I'm not 100% sure Adventure has the Freestyle machines that make those really worth it to soda drinkers), and there's the Replenish package which includes bottled water, sparkling water, fresh-squeezed OJ in the morning (from-concentrate juices are available for free on the ship, but the fresh squeezed stuff normally has a charge), drinks from the espresso kiosk stand including Tazo Tea bags, and NON-alcoholic mocktails and things like virgin frozen daiquiris.

Those are the non-alcohol-containing packages onboard.

What stateroom are you in that you want to find out about?
Cabin 7514

9532 on Freedom is the same category cabin, so the interiors are identical. You will have a better view from your balcony, however, because the view forward is a glass wall instead of a solid wall.

I am one of the people who can't justify on the price of the Disney cruise. I had the reservation for 4 of us to Western Caribbean in December and the price is around $5000 ( this is the beginning of December) but since RCL is half the price, I thought I would try it.

Our itenary is Galveston, TX - Roatan - Belize City - Cozumel on Libery of the Seas. If anyone on here have taken this route before please let me know what I MUST do on the ship and/or at the port.

Thank you.

I went ahead and booked with RCL on the Oasis for Oct 2017 while I wait for DCL's prices....I have a feeling DCL won't be close even with me willing to settle for a porthole on DCL vs. an oversized balcony on RCL. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

I went ahead and booked with RCL on the Oasis for Oct 2017 while I wait for DCL's prices....I have a feeling DCL won't be close even with me willing to settle for a porthole on DCL vs. an oversized balcony on RCL. We shall see what tomorrow brings.
I doubt that they will be even remotely close. We booked a Junior Suite on Oasis for March 2017 for less than the price of an interior on Fantasy sailing the same week.

We just got off Allure and had an awesome time. Royal has great ships with activities and entertainment. I was very tempted to book the Liberty in the summer as I saw an amazing deal. The Liberty has Flowriders, DreamWorks, Broadway show, and water slides. Looks like a great ship. We looked at Disney when booking Allure but it was so much more as you say and not worth the cost.

I doubt that they will be even remotely close. We booked a Junior Suite on Oasis for March 2017 for less than the price of an interior on Fantasy sailing the same week.

DCL is almost $1300 more for a 8A (double porthole) than for a D1 (x large balcony) on the Oasis for the same week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter