I do not understand

gmboy95

Go Patriots!!!!!
I keep hearing that the new BCV will be charging this exorbinant amount of money per point, and I must say I am a bit confused...does not a person pay the same amount per point now, no matter if they buy into VWL or HH or VB. The only difference being the fees we have to pay for each place...I own at VWL , so therefore my fees are higher each year...I was under the impression that buying into the vacation club was pretty universal as far as point costs go....yes they raise per point costs as the years go buy, but is this not accross the board.....in other words when i buy into the DVC, am i not buying into a "club". Where the only difference is i can get preferential reservations at the resort i pay my fees too....how would it be fair for me, who bought in this year, to stay at the BC on points and be paying significantly less then someone who owns at the beach club......would it not make more sense to keep the per point costs the same for everyone, and simply increase the fees, and make it cost more points to stay there...it would seem to be more fair that way.

When you read that points at BCV will be more, the meaning of that is that DVC points (at ALL available resorts) will be that price.

The reason that BCV is the only resort generally mentioned is that by that point it is generally assumed that VWL will be sold out so BCV points will be the only on-site points available - hence referring to the points as BCV points rather than the more correct DVC points.

Just as the price per point increased with the opening of VWL, it is expected that the price will also increase with the opening of BCV. It is, of course, pure speculation at this point but I would think $80 or more is certainly possible.

that makes much more sense.....glad i bought in when i did....that seems like quite a significant jump.

As Rhonda says, the cost for buying into DVC is always the same no matter which resort you purchase. The popularity of owning at WDW DVC resorts has allowed DVC to keep raising the cost to purchase even though the end date for ownership remains the same. To help "even out" the sales at HHI and Vero they sometimes offer more attractive financing deals. You are correct that the costs to run the resorts (the dues) are different for each resort and are based on the number of owners and the expenses of each resort.

Original purchasers into DVC paid about $48 per point. The current price is $75 per point. Who knows how high the market will allow the price to increase? I'm guessing the price to purchase DVC when BCV opens will be at least $85 per point and quite possibly more.

I bought at BWV in September 99 for $65 per point. I can't believe it's gone up $10 per point in less than 2 years! If BCV opens in the spring next year, I wouldn't be surprised at $80 per point, with another increase later in the year if it's selling well. What will be interesting is the points charts for BCV. If they are higher than BWV & WLV, that is really a price increase too because you'll need more points to stay there.

As you might have noticed there can be a significant difference in point cost depending on the resort and view, Us OKW owners pay the least amount of points per night in equal type units, we also pay less in dues.

As indicated above, the point cost is the same for purchase from DVC independent of the home resort chosen. By the time BCV become available, the price per point may well be the $80 to $85 being predicted here. However, DVC can continue to use the Magical Beginnings as a selective sales incentive to reduce the actual cost of points at other resorts if sales of these are slow. I believe that VB purchasers were able to take advantage of a greater MB discount for some time (compared to the MB benefit available for the other locations). Thus an increase in point cost to $85 might be combined with an MB program at VB (and/or HH if still available) of $10-13 per point to sell back some or all of the first (partial) year points.

Ralph

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter