I do not usually plan, but I need advice

nannyz

DIS Veteran
We will be in DLR for five days (park hoppers) in early June.
Our family is 5 adults, 3-year-old twins, and two kids ages 7 and 8.

I need your advice on what to do about MM. Assuming DL will open at 8 am in June, that means that MM hour will be at 7 am, which means we would have to be in line at 6 am. That is not a problem for me because I get up with the sun, but getting the four children up and out and over to DL by 6 am could be problematic. That would mean leaving our hotel by 5:45.

So my question is, would you do the MM? And which day -- Tuesday or Thursday? (Sat. not an option for us).

Thanks so much for your help.

I would use it on Tuesday. In my experience, Tuesday is less crowded because a lot of people take Thursday-Sunday for vacations. Not that it won't be crowded, just not quite as bad as Thursday.

Also, are you planning on doing the resort only? There's plenty of great things around the resort as well that we like to do. Aquarium of the Pacific, Medieval Times, Pirates Dinner Adventure. Many things to check out!

Yes. Use it on Tuesday because it will be earlier in your trip and you won't be so exhausted yet. If you have 5 adults send 3 of them down at 6am to hold your spot in line and then have the rest of your party show up at 6:30.

I prefer the 7am MM over a 9am MM. Everyone shows up for MM if it is at 9. When you have a 7am MM you will be rewarded with walk-ons for the entire MM and low crowds for the first 2 hours after park opening.

We did a 7am park opening on a Sunday in Spring (not Spring Break) with our 5 and 3 year old girls. No one wanted to get up (including my husband) but once we were at the park and there were no lines...everyone was happy!

The key is the mid afternoon nap. If u get up that early and then go all day, it is hard to make it till closing. We always do a 2-5 nap to escape th busiest time of the day. But Tuesday would be best. Also. If ur going to do the frozen meet and greet make sure u are there for rope drop Wednesday and go straight there. That is my number 1 recommendation. Then do rope drop at California Thursday for cars

Based on the number of kids that need to get ready, I'd say use it the first chance you get during the trip. You're first Tues or Thur, just plan for it and do it. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to get them (and other adults) ready. With 5 days in the park, there's really no sense in waiting. Also I wouldn't worry about crowd levels between a Tues or Thur. That will be an issue later in the day more than during the EE hour.

Yes. Use it on Tuesday because it will be earlier in your trip and you won't be so exhausted yet. If you have 5 adults send 3 of them down at 6am to hold your spot in line and then have the rest of your party show up at 6:30.

I prefer the 7am MM over a 9am MM. Everyone shows up for MM if it is at 9. When you have a 7am MM you will be rewarded with walk-ons for the entire MM and low crowds for the first 2 hours after park opening.

We did a 7am park opening on a Sunday in Spring (not Spring Break) with our 5 and 3 year old girls. No one wanted to get up (including my husband) but once we were at the park and there were no lines...everyone was happy!

THIS!!!! Agree 100%!!!:thumbsup2

We were there early on MM and it was even more crowded than later in the day since only a few lands were open. Still maybe getting there early and then having a rest in the middle of the day so the kids can last until the night

Not as many people make it for 7 am MM as an 8 or 9am one, I don't think getting there at 6am is mandatory, especially since if you're there in early June then school is still in session. I'd think 630am would be totally fine, sure you may not be in the very front, but it's not going to be a huge line like the spring break 8am lines lol. .... People like to sleep in

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter