I don’t know where we’re staying, but I know where we’re eating! May 2011 *NEW 5/10!

This is the trip that just keeps growing and growing! :laughing: I don't know much about OKW, either. I'm excited to hear about your time there!

And I completely understand not being able to fit everything in. I figured with all of the time we're spending on the honeymoon I would for sure be able to get everything in, but no! Disney sure does know how to keep us coming back! :lmao:

Yay for another night, you'll love OKW its a beautiful resort another Dis Member swears by this resort and stays there almost every Disney trip :)

I love how your trip just gets longer and longer! It'll be fun to have another resort to check out-- I LOVE the sound of both of those drinks, especially that Turtle Krawl!

This is the absolute limit of how long we can stretch the trip, finally!
When Ben suggested eating at OKW, I wasn't excited... but that drink menu helped bring me around ;)

I am so jealous of your extra night! If only DD didn't have to go to school in May, then maybe I could find a reason to extend ours *sigh*

Also, I meant to post last night, but got side tracked--your DH may feel more at home with us on our DIS meet than he thinks, you know, with his TR experience and all! :rotfl:

Ben actually insists that he has no problem at all with the DIS meet (despite initially giving me a lot of weird looks). And he is the most outgoing and talkative person I know, so I shouldn't be surprised!

This is the trip that just keeps growing and growing! :laughing: I don't know much about OKW, either. I'm excited to hear about your time there!

And I completely understand not being able to fit everything in. I figured with all of the time we're spending on the honeymoon I would for sure be able to get everything in, but no! Disney sure does know how to keep us coming back! :lmao:

Yeah, our short beach trip turned short WDW trip has really taken on a life of its own! I have filled it so jam packed, I hope I remember to relax.

Yay for another night, you'll love OKW its a beautiful resort another Dis Member swears by this resort and stays there almost every Disney trip :)

Oh good, I am glad to hear that about OKW! The few pictures I've seen look nice, and it is fun to try out a resort completely new to us.

Forty-two. That's how many days we have left till our trip. Pretty good, right?

Not too much is happening as far as trip planning goes. Just lots of waiting and lots of daydreaming. Pretty much all of my time driving to/from work is spent picturing the trip. Today I started to wonder if it's too early to pack. I couldn't decide. Which means I've officially started to think about packing- it's a small victory, but I'll take it!

I did take care of one more detail today, though: park tickets!

I had a hard time figuring out what exactly we needed. Our schedule looks like this:
Day 1- Arrive early, park day
Day 2- Park day
Day 3- Backstage Magic Tour- no park admission needed
Day 4- Water park (Blizzard Beach), but theme park later
Day 5- Backstage Safari Tour- park admission is required
Day 6- Park day
Day 7- Water park (Typhoon Lagoon), Epcot later
Day 8- Park day
Day 9- Park day, late departure.

That's 8 days we need theme park admission for. Which means we'll get 8 WPF&M visits. Which we won't use all of. :confused3
And while it is true that we don't have to go to a theme park on our water park days, I want to. So I 'splurged' on the 8 day Park Hopper WPF&M tickets. But I got a pretty good discount... and once you get to the point where an extra day is only $5, it's awfully easy to justify.

In all of my ticket research and planning, I learned that I just really value flexibility. For me, park hopping and the ability to go to a park every day of our trip are worth paying a bit more.
So I may not have bought the most efficient tickets, but I got the ones that will let us spend our days the way we want.

I am determined to visit Disney Quest- Ben has never been and I want to at least make a dent in those eight 'and more' visits!

After all that typing, it's still 42 days...

Your trip is going to be so awesome with those tours you have planned and the water park. I understand adding the "extra" day when it only costs a pittance. Remember my dilemma for the September 2010 trip? I wondered if I needed to get the 8th or 9th day (sheesh, now I can't remember which it was). Anyway, I opted to get it cause it cause barely anything for the 4 of us...but in the end we did not use it. Do I regret paying for it now? NOT AT ALL! And just for the reason you mentioned... flexibility. It was nice to know that we had that in place had we wanted to pop in to a park on our first day.

And... btw... :woohoo: on 42!

I am a bit jealous... but then... if I had only 42 days left i would be freaking out.... :scared1: No where near ready to go.

Yay for getting the tickets sorted :yay: We have never tried DisneyQuest either, can't wait to hear all about it :teeth:

:banana: for adding another day. OKW looks like great place to hang out by the pool and relax. I can't wait to hear about it when you get home, it's on my short list of places to stay on day.

Doesn't it stink waiting for May to get here? There is still all of April to get through! It does seem to be speeding by though.

I agree with the flexibility and again if the cost is so minuscule compared to the rest why not splurge?
Yay to 42 days!!!! I have 69!!!! Woohoo

Guess what??? Now it's 41 days!!! ;)

Has your DH added any new drawings to your countdown calendar?

Your trip is going to be so awesome with those tours you have planned and the water park. I understand adding the "extra" day when it only costs a pittance. Remember my dilemma for the September 2010 trip? I wondered if I needed to get the 8th or 9th day (sheesh, now I can't remember which it was). Anyway, I opted to get it cause it cause barely anything for the 4 of us...but in the end we did not use it. Do I regret paying for it now? NOT AT ALL! And just for the reason you mentioned... flexibility. It was nice to know that we had that in place had we wanted to pop in to a park on our first day.

And... btw... :woohoo: on 42!

I am a bit jealous... but then... if I had only 42 days left i would be freaking out.... :scared1: No where near ready to go.

I am super-dee-dooper excited about our tours! We've put a lot of new experiences in this trip.

Number of days on the tickets turned out to be not much of a dilemma, huh? :goodvibes It was pretty easy for us to add a day last September, after I forgot how many days we original bought :rotfl:

Yay for getting the tickets sorted :yay: We have never tried DisneyQuest either, can't wait to hear all about it :teeth:

I am relieved to have the ticket question answered! Now I think I am officially out of things to plan...

:banana: for adding another day. OKW looks like great place to hang out by the pool and relax. I can't wait to hear about it when you get home, it's on my short list of places to stay on day.

Doesn't it stink waiting for May to get here? There is still all of April to get through! It does seem to be speeding by though.

I will be sure to give a full report on our day at OKW!
There are times when the trip still feels eons away, but then there will be times where it feels like it's sneaking up on me. It's emotional torture!

I agree with the flexibility and again if the cost is so minuscule compared to the rest why not splurge?
Yay to 42 days!!!! I have 69!!!! Woohoo

If I hadn't gotten the 8 day tickets, I'm sure we just would have ended up adding a day when we're there. So may as well buy them all at once!

Guess what??? Now it's 41 days!!! ;)

Has your DH added any new drawings to your countdown calendar?

I KNOW! 41 sounds much better than 42!!

DH hasn't added any drawings... but I did. Not as fancy as his, but I just took a picture and will add it to my next update :teeth:

As promised, our countdown calender as it looks today:

IMG_5200.jpg

Ben is usually the artiste for these things, but this handiwork is mine. Not nearly as fancy as what Ben can produce...

And since I don't have much of a trip-related update, here's a bit of a life update:
remember that I mention we were buying new furniture? Well... after several snafus with delivery (there's a furniture chain in the Northeast that we will no longer be using... :mad:) we finally have most of our furniture. The only thing missing at this point is the dining room table top. Yup- we have the chairs and the base of the table, but no top. That won't get here till the end of April. Grrr.

We also painted while we were at it, and I thought I'd share some pictures:

This is the living room before:
IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

(if you look past the crazy Penny Dog, you can see a bit of the old living room in the background)

And here it is now:
IMG_5204.jpg

IMG_5203.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

That last one was just cause Penny Dog is cute!

Speaking of cute, I don't think I ever introduced Wyatt to the DisBoards:
IMG_5141.jpg

We adopted him about 2 months ago and our cat Bluebell has finally warmed up to him. Our other cat, Blanche and he have been best friends since the get go.

I'll probably share dining room pictures if and when the rest of our table ever makes it to our house :headache:

Oh wow the new look house looks amazing, you did a really great job :thumsbup2 Loving the colours as well :goodvibes

Your furbabies are just too cute :cutie:

I love the color you chose very nice!! Can I guess the furnitur store? Lol. Is it three letter name followed by discount? If so there delivery people ate horrible!!

I love the colors in your room and how you have it decorated. We have a room with a fireplace center like that...and have never been able to figure out how to arrange furniture. We are going to be redoing it soon... and... looking at what you have done, I think I know know what I want to do. :goodvibes

Your furbabies are so cute!!! I wish my kitties would snuggle together, but they all hate each other. :sad2:

Oh wow the new look house looks amazing, you did a really great job :thumsbup2 Loving the colours as well :goodvibes

Your furbabies are just too cute :cutie:

Thank you! Painting took forever because there was so much trim to tape off and paint, but I think it was worth the effort!

The updates look amazing, your house is beautiful!!! :goodvibes

:goodvibes That's very nice of you to say!

I love the color you chose very nice!! Can I guess the furnitur store? Lol. Is it three letter name followed by discount? If so there delivery people ate horrible!!

ding, ding, ding! We have a winner! We'd bought stuff from them before with no issue, but after this fiasco- never again!

I love the colors in your room and how you have it decorated. We have a room with a fireplace center like that...and have never been able to figure out how to arrange furniture. We are going to be redoing it soon... and... looking at what you have done, I think I know know what I want to do. :goodvibes

Your furbabies are so cute!!! I wish my kitties would snuggle together, but they all hate each other. :sad2:

I didn't realize until we hung wedding pictures that the blue we chose is pretty much exactly the blue from my wedding dress. I guess I just really like that color! :rotfl:

I thought we didn't have any options with our furniture arrangement, but wanted to try something different- and it worked! So far we are loving it.

All the pets get along, we are very lucky!

Your house is decorated so beautifully!! Love the animal pictures, too!

Thanks, Kylie :) We had to clear out some of the clutter, it was feeling too busy!

We got Mickey Mail today! :woohoo:

What was it?

IMG_4981.jpg

IMG_4980.jpg

Park tickets!!!

This is the first time since I had an AP 7 years ago that I've had actual tickets (not tied to my room key kinda tickets)... I am nervous to have these hanging around for the next not-quite-six weeks. What if I lose them? Or forget to bring them to WDW?
Gotta admit, though- they are pretty darned cute!

In other news, Ben is getting ready to head to New Orleans for the weekend. For a bachelor party. While I, on the other hand, am learning to knit. How is that fair? :)

Your living room looks beautiful.

Make sure that you make a photocopy of the back of your tickets. I bought my tickets from Undercover Tourist last month and can't seem to locate them:scared1: After completely freaking out last weekend when realizing I did some research about lost tickets. If you have the back of the tickets you can go to guest services and they can cancel the old ones and reissue your tickets. I am still going to tear apart the entire house to find my tickets, but I am happy to know that I can just get them reissued if need be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter