I don't care let me in, at pop century

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malissa Boymom

Earning My Ears
I just got done with my first disney trip and we stayed at pop century. We opted out of housekeeping and got a gift card instead. We came back to the room one afternoon and decided to go to the pool. While getting changed there was a knock at the door. They said they need to come in our room every day to check. Totally fine by me, however we are trying to change, please come back in like 20min we will be gone. They told us no they had to come in now! I was in shock that they were not willing to go do a few other rooms and then come back. I spoke with another guest and they said they came back and they wanted to check their room while their son was napping. They told them that they couldn't come in cause they would wake up their son, try again later. It took 20min for them to finally leave, by then their son was starting to wake up from them talking to the cast member. I totally understand the need to view every room, however where is the understanding!!! Has this happened to anyone else?

I just got done with my first disney trip and we stayed at pop century. We opted out of housekeeping and got a gift card instead. We came back to the room one afternoon and decided to go to the pool. While getting changed there was a knock at the door. They said they need to come in our room every day to check. Totally fine by me, however we are trying to change, please come back in like 20min we will be gone. They told us no they had to come in now! I was in shock that they were not willing to go do a few other rooms and then come back. I spoke with another guest and they said they came back and they wanted to check their room while their son was napping. They told them that they couldn't come in cause they would wake up their son, try again later. It took 20min for them to finally leave, by then their son was starting to wake up from them talking to the cast member. I totally understand the need to view every room, however where is the understanding!!! Has this happened to anyone else?

Sadly there have been many threads on this subject.

People have reported being “rudely” interrupted changing, napping, recovering from illness, etc.

I can’t comment personally as I have not experienced the new resort security measures/checks but it certainly seems Disney still has some kinks to work out.

What happens if you're in the middle of "couple time"?! I think I would just opt in for mousekeeping and forgo the $10 per day credit. I have to make my bed at home every day, it's worth it for me to pay the resort $10 a day for that and a little privacy.

That has not stopped the knocks according to several reports. They put up the sign and within minutes the knocks started.

What happens if you're in the middle of "couple time"?! I think I would just opt in for mousekeeping and forgo the $10 per day credit. I have to make my bed at home every day, it's worth it for me to pay the resort $10 a day for that and a little privacy.

From what I've read, it doesn't matter if you opted out of mousekeeping. They can come in to inspect the room at any time. After they barge in on a few "couple times", they might reconsider when asked to come back in a few minutes...

That's too bad :( We just got back from our stay at BC and they knocked a few times when we were in the room. Once we told them we were getting ready to nap and asked them to skip our room that day, they just asked if we needed any clean towels for the day. They didn't come back that day. A couple of times we were getting ready to head out so we asked them just to come back in half an hour or so, had no issue. Sounds like we got lucky!

ETA: I didn't realize you opted out of the housekeeping, maybe that was the difference.

Has ANYONE who has experienced this "non-accommodating attitude" IMMEDIATELY gone to the Front Desk and demanded to see the Resort Manager?

I would be interested in what their response would be.

There is a report of a female CM at POP barging right in on a male Guest who was not "decent".

I just can't imagine the Manager of POP would approve of this practice!

What happens if you keep the latch on?

I understand the issue with disturbing sleep or showers or "couples time" - but what happens if they knock, you don't answer, they open the door and the latch is on?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this all very disconcerting. We're booked to stay at AKL for 4 nights in April then off property after that. We've done the on property portion mainly for fp+ and club level to get the extra fp's along with the animal viewing. We are not the typical "bubble " guests. Dh and I travel a fair amount and I know what is available out there at the same price point, and am a big fan of the true "luxury" property level. For less than we're paying now(and we're paying Easter week club level pricing) we could be very comfortably ensconced at the 4 Seasons which is an amazing hotel and where I can guarantee you that if a guest asked someone to come back later and the staff member didn't simply say " what time would you like " with a smile there would be serious retraining or worse as a consequence. But for the fp's I'd seriously changing our reservation. I can honestly say that if this happens to us it will be a one and only happening because we will be checking out and going elsewhere. If dh or I are indisposed or napping or otherwise engaged, and we ask them to pls come back later for housekeeping, security check or whatever, and they refuse we will be immediately going to the front desk and checking out and it will be our last time ever staying on property fp's or no fp's. . I do not want a confrontation on a holiday. I do not want to have to get upset on vacation. I deal with enough nonsense in my career that I want relaxing and destressing. I am really annoyed that I keep reading report after report (and there are way to many for it to be dismissed as a one off) of people being disturbed and ignored by "security" . I really really really hate the idea that this has to intrude on my "looking forward" to our trip !

Hi I agree with everyone about the timing and them being rude about it. I would be like everyone else on here and not be a happy person what so ever.

I think they have to have a set policy and stick to it. It seems like it is all over the place.

This is just a thought to as why they are not coming back. It could be viewed that the room guest is trying to hide something. If they came back this would give the guest a chance to hide or get rid of stuff. I think they are looking for spontaneity to catch things. I do not agree with being barged in on at all.

Housekeeping knocked while I was dressing. My husband answered the door letting them know to come back later. He then shut the door.

No conversation, no back and forth. He simply told them that were dressing and closed the door.

They must have come back later.

And that is how it should be but based on some of the reports Ive read some staff have refused to take come back later for an answer. In one of the reports when the person closed the door they started knocking again. It seems like there is no consistency, and no policy in place to deal with the variables. Human nature being what it is giving each employee the discretion( including those who cant be bothered coming back, those who are power tripping, those who are overworked, those who hate their job....etc etc etc.) as to how to handle it themselves is probably not what Disney should be doing but it appears to be exactly what they ARE doing. This should not be a "luck of the draw" kind of situation.

How’s it going at DVC where you get no mouse keeping ?? We are renting points in November and if someone barges in on myself and DD12 while we are changing i will be at the front desk guns A blazing and I’m usually a very calm person.

How’s it going at DVC where you get no mouse keeping ?? We are renting points in November and if someone barges in on myself and DD12 while we are changing i will be at the front desk guns A blazing and I’m usually a very calm person.

They are doing daily trash service. And you cannot opt out.

We were at Pop last week and experienced something a bit more positive. There was a knock on the door, I answered it, the man stood outside the room and asked if everything was okay inside the room, was there anything that needed to be fixed, or was there anything we needed help with. I answered no. He said thank you and went on his way. We were visited one time during our five day stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter