• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I Dont Even Know I am Doing it....

♥Ariel♥

DIS Veteran
Advice Please?!

So i used to not be able to talk to guys...at all...my older cousin who is like my older sister taught me how to get comfortable around her guy friends and bf and stuff but her thing is she flirts with every guy with out noticing it and today i realized i picked it up from her.

So today i was talking and joking around with my friends bf in english class and stuff and this girl was all like..."Aw look at ya'll flirting" but my friends bf, derek, didnt hear her but i did i was like "ew with derek"? But i dont want ppl to think i like him cause i dont not more than a friend anyway and i could never hurt a best friend that way....i just dont know how to connect with some guys any other way!! its frustrating..]

sorry kinda a vent...any advice?

My ex-best friend used to say that about me, too :p But now that I haven't really had any guy friends in a few years... yeah, I don't know.

I talk to guys like I'd talk to my best friend. I can make innuendos with the best of them, and it won't get awkward, I joke with them, I guess I act more like a guy than I think I do xD I'm a pretty wimpy girl half the time, so that makes me laugh a bit.

I guess my only advice would be to make your intentions clear to the girl that suggested something "more" was going on. It doesn't sound like you were flirting to me.

Guys are pretty oblivious so unless you are laying the flirt on really thick he probably won't think anything of it.
I try to only flirt with people I am interested in romantically, though some of my guy friends misread my jokes as being interested.
It is tough to differenciate between things you say to people you really do like and those who are just good buds.

As far as your situation goes, he didn't hear anything so I don't think he has any inkling that your flirting with him. Just be yourself :)

:eek:... it's as if you live my life, just kidding but i hear ya. except it seems i flirt with all my guy friends, sorta like your cousin. no matter how long i've known them, how i know them, etc. for me it's just how i am. i have people ask me all the time if i'm hitting on their bf or my best friend or any guy friend. and most of the time i'm not. but then i've had a few guy friends tell me to lay off and that they don't see me like that i'm like "like what?" some guys think that i'm only flirting and not talking to them as a friend, and that's gotten me in trouble too. when all i'm doing is being well, me :cutie:

my advice to you is to ignore that chick. she seems like she's startin trouble that you don't want to get into. if derek or your bff gets worried about it they will talk to you and you can explain. if they don't give you that chance they're not worth it, and neither is that girl.

I'm somewhat in the same situation as you. Girls think that I like them or that I'm flirting with them when, in reality, I'm not. For example, I blush involuntarily when one of my best friends hugs me, so she's convinced that I like her (and she makes it incredibly obvious that she likes me... <_<) when in reality I think of her as nothing more than a really good friend. So, I guess I could say that I understand her situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter