I don't know where it's ok to park with ECVs for outside shows especially at MK

Bete

DIS Veteran
MK seems to be the hardest to figure out what's ok and what may not be ok with ECVs and parking for a while to enjoy the Disney entertainment offered on the grounds. One time I was on Main Street, not on the sidewalk and I was listening to a barber shop quartet. I was scolded by a CM that I couldn't be there. Maybe, I was blocking the way for Disney vehicles; I was never told why it wasn't a good spot. Another time for a castle show (ei. Cinderellabration) we were in the very front of it and no problem with seeing the show. Then another day at the same spot, for the same show by the castle we were told we couldn't be there. Of course, this was after we camped out for a while for the spot. Fireworks by the castle area is the same way. Sometimes, you can be anywhere and other times not with ECVs.

At Epcot, it doesn't seem to matter, at all. We were able to park the ECVs where we want for the Kristos or the acrobat show at China, etc. At Christmas, you can be front and center with all the Santas in each country with an ECV. There seems to be very little concern with wherever you want to park and listen and watch with your ECV the Disney entertainment.

There's not so many issues with Disney Studios or Animal Kingdom, either. There's not as much there to see that way compared to Epcot and MK.

For parades and fireworks, we try to stick with the handicap areas, but it's not always possible to get a spot there because of limited space. I'm quite a photograher and videographer; so, there are times I want to be front and center by the castle, as an example for filming or shooting. Others can do it; so, why not us? I'm willing to be there early to save a spot but very frustrated, if I'm told I have to leave after being there for an hour. I've been shamed into leaving at MK by a CM.

Are there any real answers for this problem? Are there any real rules? Any good hints with this mobiltity issue would be appreciated. What's ok and what's not ok would certainly help to have less anxiety over this issue.

Has anyone out there had a similar experience? Share your story.

There will be three of us on ECVs on our next trip and I'm even more concerned because we obviously want to be parked by each other, either side by side or in back of each other. I feel like a road block; already, and I'm not trying to be that way. Help!

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I am sorry to read a CM had problems with you on Main Street watching the barber shop quartet. You might be right though ... if the horse drawn carriage was coming down the street, you might have been in the way. If I stop to hear & see the quartet, I might be on the sidewalk & in the street.

Many times I ride the ECV up or down Main Street rather than use the sidewalks just because it is easier than finding a way onto the sidewalk. And sometimes the sidewalk is easier than manuevering along the tracks in the road ... six of one, half dozen of the other :).

In April we scoped out a spot for Cinderellabration in front of the Castle. I had the ECV, & my husband had the tripod & other camera equipment. We talked to a few CMs while deciding where we wanted to watch the show & be able to get photos. No one else was even waiting, so I figure first come, first served! After sitting & standing there in the hot sun, I would not have been happy if someone said we could not be there. Fortunately for us a family with a stroller sat around us putting the stroller in front of the tripod - we encouraged it, so no one would hit the front of the tripod - worked out well for both families.

Perhaps the CMs see guests in an ECV or wheelchair & are trying to move these guests to the handicapped viewing area. Those areas are usually fine, but sometimes you can find another spot you like just as well.

Last January I was at the MK with some friends & three of us were using wheelchairs (no scooter available at the MK that afternoon - it was a last minute visit for us). We did look like a "wide" load, but we tried to be aware of our surroundings like not taking up the width of a street or path.

I hope you & your friends have a wonderful time at WDW. Try not to get discouraged or frustrated ahead of time.

First there is no handicapped area at Cindercelebration. I always sit in the front on the right where the interpreters stage is. So far no one has told me to move and if I castmember where to I would refuse as I also use the interpreting. Perhaps they wanted you to move because they felt people can't see over you but I find that if you aren't in front people stand in front of you and block your view of the show.
As to listening to the Barbershop Quartet I wonder where they wanted you to go. As long as you are close to the curb it shouldn't be a problem and if you aren't close to the curb you are at their back anyway.

To tell the truth I'd probably just tell them no I'd rather view this fromthis spot. A polite but firm no. If they pushed the point then I'd ask them to find me a spot that would be better then where I am.

If I was there first but am now blocking someone behind me...sorry but I was there first. If I'm somehow blocking traffic then so are all of the other people who are standing here to watch the show so until they clear out of of us I'm not moving.

Sometimes I do get stubborn about these types of things. But really I'm not asking for more then anyone who is walking would get.

BTW I use a wheelchair not an ECV but it should be treated similarly. Unless you are totally blocking access to something you shouldn't have to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter