COMPLETE - "I DON'T LIKE MY FAMILY!!" — A May WDW Solo Mini-Trip Report + A Summer of Art

Okay, so this would soon become my first solo day, but I wasn't quite ready to give N up just yet. (More like he wasn't quite ready to make the sad, sad drive back to Canada all alone. He would be returning to eastern Canada for a supply run, then driving westward to Niagara Falls. I'd be flying in to meet him there after a few days of solo WDW fun.)

Seems like you got yourselves a nice little adventure there!

I'd never had so much time in the parks by myself planned before, and I didn't know how it would go. With nothing but my little backpack and my determination, I watched him pull away, and marched into Epcot, where I saw this beauty:

I had the same thoughts too. I had all this time to do what I want...what should I do? Hahaha.

F&G season is hands down my favourite time of year to visit WDW :goodvibes

Mine too!!! Bring on MAY!!!

uovkPxd.jpg

It looks like your Dole Whip is holding on to it' shape for dear life! Haha.

I almost always tour the WS in a counterclockwise direction, so I began with Canada.

Steppesister and I do the same, but for me it's usually when we're walking from the IG.

Cute!

Even cuter!!!

They we so lovely! My first degree is in music, and I have a particular aptitude for, and interest in ensemble singing. I loved that VoL was accessible and enjoyable for anyone of any age in the room, regardless of their level of "classical" musical knowledge, but that the performers also are obviously very skilled and dedicated to their craft. Their ensemble and blend were remarkable, often sounding like just one balanced voice, and I stayed behind after the show to tell them that. They told me that no matter how long they've been performing together, they still practice every day. I hope to get back soon to hear them again!

They really are wonderful. I would love to hear them again.

I love Captain Duffy!

Aw, I can understand N's reluctance to leave. Alex has left mid-trip before, and it's actually quite sad to see your partner in crime drive away from Disney.
Glad you were there for the Flower and Garden's last day. It's my absolute favorite time to be in Epcot, the whole park is gorgeous with all its flowers and bright colors.

That chocolate macaroon was really rich, but I'm happy to hear it was gluten free and you were able to indulge in one.

Love the Captain America Duffy!

Love the update!
I had booked us a breakfast ADR at our favourite spot, Boma!
Of course you did, what better way for N to bid farewell to WDW?! So yummy.

We also went to Trader Joe's for the first time so that I could pick up a spice blend I'd been coveting, and we had fun walking around there and picking up new weird things to try.
I fondly remember when I lived an hour and a half from the closest Trader Joe's. Now I can walk (admittedly it would be over a mile) to TJ's but it's still my favorite grocery store.

What spice blend did you get?

F&G season is hands down my favourite time of year to visit WDW
Yes!!! Gorgeous photos, ma'am!

all the definition in the swirls of my dole whip were quickly melting away
Bahaha. It reminds me of when people do too much "FaceApp" smoothing and don't quite look like people anymore after the edits o_O

This looked familiar! I think I remember marrying my best friend right here...
:love: Beautiful! And so neat that you will always have that spot to come back to!

I asked the photopass photographer to take my picture with it, and to her credit, she didn't look at me like I was ridiculous.
Solo trip win! Love the photogenic macaron and your orange bird magic shot!!

Captain Duff-Merica, in progress:
:rotfl2:
Oh my gosh that's amazing! And how cool that you were able to meet a CM in the last day of her program. I never colored a Duffy (RIP) but the new kidcot activity looks pretty cool. I might have to be *that adult* next month :D

I agree about the portion size on the F&G food, smaller each year and more $$.

F&G does make for some beautiful pictures!

I love Captain Merica Duffy, so cute.

Sounds like an awesome day at Epcot so far! You got some amazing photos and it sounds like you were enjoying the start of your solo time! I love your Duffy!!

We totally missed Woody when we were there! This makes me sad.

Aww, that's too bad! It was a really cool topiary!

I had the same thoughts too. I had all this time to do what I want...what should I do? Hahaha.

Right!? ::yes::

It looks like your Dole Whip is holding on to it' shape for dear life! Haha.

Hahaa it really was!! Poor thing. I was slurping up its melted remains from the cup about 3 minutes after this was taken.

I love Captain Duffy!

Thank you! I love him, too. He becomes a recurring character of the trip. :goodvibes

Aw, I can understand N's reluctance to leave. Alex has left mid-trip before, and it's actually quite sad to see your partner in crime drive away from Disney.

It was hard enough to see him go, but I suspect it was harder for him to leave.

Glad you were there for the Flower and Garden's last day. It's my absolute favorite time to be in Epcot, the whole park is gorgeous with all its flowers and bright colors.

Couldn't agree more! :flower3: :lovestruc

Love the Captain America Duffy!

Thanks! He's such a cutie. He becomes a recurring character of the trip. :goodvibes

I fondly remember when I lived an hour and a half from the closest Trader Joe's. Now I can walk (admittedly it would be over a mile) to TJ's but it's still my favorite grocery store.

What spice blend did you get?

It was neat! With all my dietary restrictions, and how much we enjoy experimenting with cooking and different health foods, we had a lot of fun checking it out. Nathan was also dead set on getting a certain type of jerky or meat stick or something there for road trip snacking, so he was happy. We got the Chile Lime seasoning blend, and what I was most excited about: the Everything But the Bagel Sesame seasoning blend. :)

Yes!!! Gorgeous photos, ma'am!

Thank you!

Bahaha. It reminds me of when people do too much "FaceApp" smoothing and don't quite look like people anymore after the edits
o_O

:rotfl: Yes! This!!
:rotfl2:
Oh my gosh that's amazing! And how cool that you were able to meet a CM in the last day of her program. I never colored a Duffy (RIP) but the new kidcot activity looks pretty cool. I might have to be *that adult* next month :D

I might have to try the new activity out too! I'm glad I got in on the Duffy thing before they switched it. But other than a couple of parents giving me the side eye while I stood in a long line ahead of their child to get a CM's stamp, I didn't catch any flak for being *that adult* so I say go for it!

I agree about the portion size on the F&G food, smaller each year and more $$.

F&G does make for some beautiful pictures!

I love Captain Merica Duffy, so cute.

Couldn't agree more. I love the food offerings, but it really seems like it's getting too ridiculous.

Thank you! CapDuff made a great travel companion!

Sounds like an awesome day at Epcot so far! You got some amazing photos and it sounds like you were enjoying the start of your solo time! I love your Duffy!!

I had a great day! And thanks! Doing the Duffy thing turned out to be a lot of fun!

With nothing but my little backpack and my determination, I watched him pull away, and marched into Epcot, where I saw this beauty:

3eH9xgw.jpg
You had a suitcase and a dream... :earboy2:

I asked the photopass photographer to take my picture with it, and to her credit, she didn't look at me like I was ridiculous.

6bVyriX.jpg
For some reason, I always love the PP at France the most! They all had flowers last time and were getting people to post with them!

I decided that now was as good a time as any to take the plunge and try something else on my Solo Trip Must Do list: colour my own Duffy Bear!! I asked the CM if there was an age limit, and she said no and handed me a blank Duffy. I made a few modifications, and Captain Duff-Merica was born!! I did a bit of colouring, filling in CapDuff's mask, and I chatted with the CM about where she was from [Italy, duh! :laughing:] and how much longer she had on her college program [it was her last day!] This Duffy activity was already working as I'd hoped, giving me a respite from the hot sun, and a chance to talk to some CMs.

Wquywky.jpg

I guess I ended up giving him more of a helmet than a mask, but I figured a traditional Captain America mask would be uncomfortable on a bear with his face shape and nose, etc.
I love him! And it's a good thing you did it, since Duffy is gone now! It's now inspired by Ziploc and you get some cards with country info and coloring scenes, but still not as cute as Duffy!

I swear I had more quotes than this, I don't know where they went for the first half :sad:

I liked reading about the Con and Haynkk's adventures (annnnd i'm sure i spelled that wrong)

When we got back to Orange Lake that night, we noticed we had a visitor on our doorstep. I took a picture of him with my room key for scale. @xlsm, I think the giant Poly/Disney snails are branching out to other resorts!

xXnQQBp.jpg

Ahh!!
#snailbuddies

Oh my gosh, this is my favorite thing. So cute!

Aw, poor hot buddy! I know he's a helpy helper dog, but it makes me sad to think that he's hot. Look at his little protector shoes!! Look at the hair tuft behind his earsssss!!
(and this is why i'm not allowed in pet stores during adoption events. This is how i have four dogs. Went to a kittenpalooza at pet smart on Saturday, almost ended badly.)

Beautiful!

Wow, this is stunning. Isn't it crazy how the monorail makes every picture better?

I almost always tour the WS in a counterclockwise direction, so I began with Canada.

That's funny, I almost always start in Mexico!

I made a few modifications, and Captain Duff-Merica was born!!

I LOVE IT!

Awww how sweet, and I love that his little paws are protected from the hot pavement!

Remember that time I thought it would be a good time to start my solo trip, writing it in tandem with my super well-attended-to Disneymoon trip!??

VRzWkfy.gif

:lmao:
There's a reason I don't do two at a time!

More like he wasn't quite ready to make the sad, sad drive back to Canada all alone.

Ah, young love.
Eventually it will be "He was so happy to make the long drive to Canada alone and get away from the wife and kids for a while"

Not that I do it for that reason...

:rolleyes1

I had booked us a breakfast ADR at our favourite spot, Boma!

Nice.
Mind you of the four of us in our fam, I was the only one who liked it. Too strange for everyone else, I guess.

N had a large painting to ship to someone who was deployed overseas, and it was less expensive to ship it from the USA

I've noticed that.
Ship from Canada? $50.
Ship from the US? $7.50

We also went to Trader Joe's for the first time so that I could pick up a spice blend I'd been coveting

Sounds interesting. What blend is that?

I was starting to feel strangely nervous! I'd never had so much time in the parks by myself planned before, and I didn't know how it would go.

That's called "freedom".

Hey! It's you all by yourself!

Really like this shot, Meghan.

F&G season is hands down my favourite time of year to visit WDW :goodvibes

I've never done that. I have enjoyed F&W though.

I wanted to take a quick insta-worthy photo of my sweet frozen nectar of the Disney gods...

That's okay. It's really meant for scarfing, not for shooting.

I used to skip it. I figured "I live there, so..."

a hint of photoshop to get the lovely empty photo above. :goodvibes

Good job. :)

I enjoyed revisiting the familiar spaces that are forever imbued with happy memories from our wedding there last summer.

:goodvibes

This looked familiar! I think I remember marrying my best friend right here...

Awwww.... :)

(Sorry, forgot to take a photo before snacking on the potato there. :laughing:)

:laughing:
Ah yes... "Food! Nom Nom Nom.... crap! <click>........... Nom Nom Nom..."

Then it was over to France, where I caught the very end of the Serveur Amusant's set.

Have never seen him.

I got a chocolate macaron lollipop at the kiosk

Yum

:lmao: Are you sure?

She also gifted me with this adorable little magic shot:

Nice! didn't know they did that one.

Uh....why exactly have I never noticed this beasty before????

Japan, including a trip to Mitsukoshi, naturally.

Of course.

When I finally made it to the American Pavilion, I stopped for longer than I usually do so I could finally enjoy Voices of Liberty!

Nice! I'd love to catch them. Never have.

Solo Trip Must Do list: colour my own Duffy Bear!!

:laughing: I would not have thought of that as a "must do"... but...

I asked the CM if there was an age limit, and she said no and handed me a blank Duffy.

No accompanying eye roll?

I made a few modifications, and Captain Duff-Merica was born!!

Not bad!

This Duffy activity was already working as I'd hoped, giving me a respite from the hot sun, and a chance to talk to some CMs.

...but... okay, now I see the error of my ways.
You is a schmart cookie.

I guess I ended up giving him more of a helmet than a mask, but I figured a traditional Captain America mask would be uncomfortable on a bear with his face shape and nose, etc.

Of course. Anyone can see that. ::yes::

Then N dropped me off at Epcot. He tried to convince me that he had time to stay a little longer and go back to the park with me, but I gave him some tough love and encouraged him to get on the road. Inside, however, I was starting to feel strangely nervous! I'd never had so much time in the parks by myself planned before, and I didn't know how it would go. With nothing but my little backpack and my determination, I watched him pull away, and marched into Epcot, where I saw this beauty:

As excited as I am for my solo trip next month, I do have moments of nervousness. I've done solo days before, and I will have moments during this long trip where friends join me, but I can't help but wonder if I've made a mistake. Then I laugh at myself and remember that I'll be at Disney. It could never be a mistake at Disney. :)

You had a suitcase and a dream... :earboy2:

:goodvibes I'll gladly take any comparison to Walt!

For some reason, I always love the PP at France the most! They all had flowers last time and were getting people to post with them!

That's so cute! It's a great location, and all the photographers always seem so lovely whenever I stop there.

I love him! And it's a good thing you did it, since Duffy is gone now! It's now inspired by Ziploc and you get some cards with country info and coloring scenes, but still not as cute as Duffy!

I know, I'm so sad about this!! The new activity definitely has potential, but there was something especially cute about Duffy.

I swear I had more quotes than this, I don't know where they went for the first half :sad:

I liked reading about the Con and Haynkk's adventures (annnnd i'm sure i spelled that wrong)

Blast you, technology!! It's the worst! :headache: Pretty close with the Haynnk spelling! He always has a hard time finding his name spelled properly on monogrammed mugs and school supplies and stuff. :laughing: He has a friend, a Build-a-Bear I had made when the Finding Dory movie came out, and she's an ocean-themed bear. Her name is Doreigh. ....Nathan always shakes his head at me and says if I ever have kids I'll be the parent who gives them some wildly impossible-to-spell name just because I can.

Oh my gosh, this is my favorite thing. So cute!

I think everyone needs a little more Orange Bird in their lives! It was an adorable magic shot. :goodvibes

Aw, poor hot buddy! I know he's a helpy helper dog, but it makes me sad to think that he's hot. Look at his little protector shoes!! Look at the hair tuft behind his earsssss!!
(and this is why i'm not allowed in pet stores during adoption events. This is how i have four dogs. Went to a kittenpalooza at pet smart on Saturday, almost ended badly.)

Right!? Such a sweet little pupper! I could appreciate that they had him in the shade, and I'm sure they take care of him properly in the heat (as further evidenced by his adorable shoes!!)...but it wouldn't be pleasant to be out in that weather involuntarily with so much dark fur. :sad2: We can't have a dog right now, but we want one so badly!! And I totally understand where you're coming from, because our landlord refuses to let us have more than one cat, but Nathan almost had me convinced to bring a wee orange rescue kitten home from pet smart the other day! :sad:

Wow, this is stunning. Isn't it crazy how the monorail makes every picture better?

Right!? The power of the monorail!! And thanks :goodvibes I took this one, and one more monorail photo later that evening (next update) and was really pleased with how they came out. Epcot's so photogenic! :lovestruc

That's funny, I almost always start in Mexico!

So funny how we get set in certain habits!

Awww how sweet, and I love that his little paws are protected from the hot pavement!

Soo adorable! His little shoes were the perfect combination of practical and stylish!

As excited as I am for my solo trip next month, I do have moments of nervousness. I've done solo days before, and I will have moments during this long trip where friends join me, but I can't help but wonder if I've made a mistake. Then I laugh at myself and remember that I'll be at Disney. It could never be a mistake at Disney. :)

I know how this feels for sure! But I'm sure you'll have a blast and feel you made the right decision! :goodvibes

Ah, young love.
Eventually it will be "He was so happy to make the long drive to Canada alone and get away from the wife and kids for a while"

Not that I do it for that reason...

:rotfl: I guess I should enjoy this while I still can! :laughing:

I've noticed that.
Ship from Canada? $50.
Ship from the US? $7.50

Yep, definitely. Especially in this case, where it was either US Military or Navy (don't remember now...)

Sounds interesting. What blend is that?

I got an "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning blend with sesame seeds and salt/garlic/onion/poppy seeds. And a chili lime seasoning blend.

Really like this shot, Meghan.

Thank you! Epcot is so photogenic. :goodvibes I took this one, and one other from later that night also with a monorail (coming up in my next update) that I really liked.

I've never done that. I have enjoyed F&W though.

I'd really like to get there for F&W. It's really the only time of year left on my Disney trip wish list. It never ends up working out with school. We have a little pipe dream to get Nathan some work down south to line up with when I get my fall break in November, so I can drive down with him and help him out, and then catch the end of F&W this year...but I don't think that will end up happening. But hopefully someday!

I used to skip it. I figured "I live there, so..."

Fair enough! It doesn't really give me especially Canadian vibes to visit it. But it is pretty. And now I just like to go to visit our wedding spot. :)

Good job. :)

Thanks! I'm not much of a photoshopper, but occasionally I dabble.

Nice! didn't know they did that one.

I think it's a magic shot specifically for F&G festival? It was pretty cute! I love me a good Orange Bird reference.

Uh....why exactly have I never noticed this beasty before????

Disney: you see something new every time!

No accompanying eye roll?

No, bless her. She was very "Disney." A fabulously guest-experience-oriented cast member. Disney was lucky to have her for a summer!

...but... okay, now I see the error of my ways.
You is a schmart cookie.

There's a method to my madness. :thumbsup2

Okay, I finally had time on my day off to really read through. AND I LOVED IT! I love a stroll around the Showcase and you did catch some amazingly beautiful photos. :) Especially the Canada ones and I love the B&W you did on the Morocco one. Nicely done!

Yes... VOL. The tightest harmony I've ever heard. It doesn't surprise me that they practice every day.

I can't WAIT to go to F&G (with you!) in May. Super excited as I've not been since like 2006? 8? I'm sure there is SO much more to it now. Lovely update, Meghan!

I'm along for the ride as well. I'm a long time lurker and new poster now that I'm planning another trip. I am also reading your wedding report. In fact I think it was one of the first ones I started reading when I came back to the dis recently.

Oh, and I was going to comment on the road trip your DH had ahead of him. I leave in North Alabama but recently my hubby had to go to New Hampshire for some work training. I got to go along with him but we chose to drive. after training we drove to Niagara Falls and from there back home. It was 22 hours just to get to New Hampshire thanks to a 2 hour drive just to get through NYC) and it was a miserable drive. I don't know why it was so bad because we like cross country driving. Maybe it was because we had already seen a lot of the scenery because we were in West Virginia for skiing/snowboarding during spring break.

:rotfl: I guess I should enjoy this while I still can! :laughing:

I got an "Everything But the Bagel" seasoning blend with sesame seeds and salt/garlic/onion/poppy seeds. And a chili lime seasoning blend.

Sounds yummy. What do you put it on?

Thank you! Epcot is so photogenic.

::yes::

I took this one, and one other from later that night also with a monorail (coming up in my next update) that I really liked.

Looking forward to seeing it. :)

Fair enough! It doesn't really give me especially Canadian vibes to visit it. But it is pretty. And now I just like to go to visit our wedding spot. :)

It is pretty.

I think it's a magic shot specifically for F&G festival? It was pretty cute! I love me a good Orange Bird reference.

I didn't even know about Orange Bird until a year or two ago.

Disney: you see something new every time!

::yes::

There's a method to my madness. :thumbsup2

:laughing:

Remember that time I thought it would be a good time to start my solo trip, writing it in tandem with my super well-attended-to Disneymoon trip!??
Ha! I am in the same boat with my trip reports.

We also went to Trader Joe's for the first time so that I could pick up a spice blend I'd been coveting, and we had fun walking around there and picking up new weird things to try.
Oh! What spice blend do you like? I love Trader Joe's!!! I assume you don't have them in Canada?

I'd never had so much time in the parks by myself planned before, and I didn't know how it would go. With nothing but my little backpack and my determination, I watched him pull away, and marched into Epcot, where I saw this beauty:
I would feel the same way! I don't think I have been in the park by myself yet.

I love this picture. All of your pics have been great, but something about this on, I love.

Wquywky.jpg
Best Duffy Ever!!!!

Okay, I finally had time on my day off to really read through. AND I LOVED IT! I love a stroll around the Showcase and you did catch some amazingly beautiful photos. :) Especially the Canada ones and I love the B&W you did on the Morocco one. Nicely done!

Thanks so much, Liesa! Epcot is so photogenic. There will be more photos to share soon.

I can't WAIT to go to F&G (with you!) in May. Super excited as I've not been since like 2006? 8? I'm sure there is SO much more to it now. Lovely update, Meghan!

It's the most wonderful time of the year! I'm so looking forward to the granddaddy of all Dismeets in such a beautiful atmosphere. :lovestruc

I'm along for the ride as well. I'm a long time lurker and new poster now that I'm planning another trip. I am also reading your wedding report. In fact I think it was one of the first ones I started reading when I came back to the dis recently.

Thanks so much for reading along, and for making your presence known! And since I didn't get the chance to say it when you first started reading my reports, :welcome: Glad you're here!

Oh, and I was going to comment on the road trip your DH had ahead of him. I leave in North Alabama but recently my hubby had to go to New Hampshire for some work training. I got to go along with him but we chose to drive. after training we drove to Niagara Falls and from there back home. It was 22 hours just to get to New Hampshire thanks to a 2 hour drive just to get through NYC) and it was a miserable drive. I don't know why it was so bad because we like cross country driving. Maybe it was because we had already seen a lot of the scenery because we were in West Virginia for skiing/snowboarding during spring break.

It's quite the trek! We've done it together 3 times now, and Nathan's done it himself many more times than that, and it's always harder to make the drive home than it is to make the drive down for some reason. :laughing:

Sounds yummy. What do you put it on?

A plain bagel.

:rotfl:

It's actually reasonably versatile, I'm finding. Seems to work nicely in stir-fry, depending on what's in it. And on in fancy-schmancy breakfast sandwiches.

Ha! I am in the same boat with my trip reports.

It's so hard to keep up!

Oh! What spice blend do you like? I love Trader Joe's!!! I assume you don't have them in Canada?

I guess more of a seasoning blend, really, but we got the Everything But the Bagel seasoning blend, and the chili lime one. We don't have Trader Joe's here, so it's a treat!

I love this picture. All of your pics have been great, but something about this on, I love.

Thanks so much!

Best Duffy Ever!!!!

He was so cute! He made for a great travel companion.

THE SOLO DAYS
MONDAY—Part 2:
I continued with my tour around the WS, trying to stop and smell the roses a little more than I normally would on a trip with others, but ever cognizant of the storm clouds rolling in.

UlNWSfu.jpg

x6G5xIM.jpg

I hadn't ever really paid that much attention to the Shanghai Disney exhibit here before, and I thought the little characters as the zodiac signs were pretty adorable.

7qepNgk.jpg

I also took a photo in Norway of something I've rarely ever seen before...an empty Frozen queue line and surrounding area:

7tGivrE.jpg

The ride was down, so it was NOT a happenin' spot.

iQ8aE6N.jpg

Just as I was nearing Mexico, it just barely started to rain...but I noticed that even though there weren't too many raindrops, they were BIG heavy drops. I'd been hoping to finish the circle and make my way back to the busses, but I made a snap decision to pop inside the pavilion. No sooner had I stepped inside the doors, when the floodgates opened, and the rain poured down violently in true Florida style. Unsuspecting folks were racing around outside, seeking shelter. I waited out the storm in here:

ZQiJzpo.jpg

After a bit of browsing, I decided that if I wanted to have time to go back to the hotel and get settled in my room, get my luggage, and have time for a nap, I should really be on my way. The rain had lessened slightly in its intensity, but it was still coming down earnestly. I pulled out my giant ziplocks and my waterproof crocs sandals from my backpack, zipped up all my belongings including my sneakers, and decided to brave the rain. I was one of about a dozen other people I saw out walking around, while everyone else in the park seemed to be sheltered inside shops and under overhangs. By the time I reached the park entrance, I was drenched, and the rain was finally letting up. Great timing...:headache: I asked a photopass photographer to document my "drowned rat" state. She didn't seem to understand why I wanted a photo of that, but she took it anyway. Some people just don't understand the importance of thorough trip reporting!

Q60vJDn.jpg

Pushing in here...

qMdgyXa.jpg

Blech! (The lady in the blue shirt behind me appears to think so as well!)

I hopped a bus back to ASMo to get my room number since I'd never received an email or had it appear on the app. I was actually in a building in the Mighty Ducks section that was closer to the main building at Music than it was to the Movies building, so I typically took busses and went to the food court there instead. This ended up working out well, because it turns out that Music seems to be my favourite of the three All Star Resorts, after having stayed at each of them once in the past year. I had hoped for a refurbed room at ASMo, but only the preferred rooms had been completed at that time, so I'll just have to go back to check them out someday.

After settling in and having a rest, I was on a bus back to Epcot that night. I'd had to rush through bits of the WS due to the weather, and I wanted to do them properly. I also had a few countries' kidcot stations left to re-visit to get Captain Duff-Merica stamped. And I had a few rides left to do. CapDuff wanted to do it all with me and keep me company, of course.

First, a Soarin' FP.

mOD5IPc.jpg

Jaoj3OQ.jpg

Then a FP for Living with the Land:

rlnhPXa.jpg

a4oXRpD.jpg

OGhtUCg.jpg

We were both feeling a little peckish, so we split a kids' meal at Sunshine Seasons.

2bQW36A.jpg

We rode Nemo...

YCsma1y.jpg

...and then made our way toward the WS, stopping for photos along the way.

NBUbUtn.jpg

zcJ9d81.jpg

As the sun was just starting to go down, I took one of my favourite shots from the trip. :lovestruc Epcot, you're a star!

m04AHKZ.jpg

We did some World Showcase-ing, and CapDuff finally was complete!

2bKrfLY.jpg

CKIExGh.jpg

Canada was my last pavilion for Duffy-stamping, and the CM and I had a great chat. She was most recently from "out west," but she had grown up in, or lived near most of the places I've lived on the east coast, so we had lots in common. :goodvibes

My mom had requested I pick up another princess doll for my little niece, and one of my friends from home also wanted me to find some mystery pin packs for her, so I wandered around Future World a bit and did some shopping.

i5G0AMP.jpg

CapDuff noticed a photopass photographer without a line and politely asked her for a photo with Figment. She was a little confused, but she obliged.

8BOIDmt.jpg

We watched/listened to a bit of Illuminations from Future World, before making our way out of the park ahead of the fireworks crowd.

R6UcvHA.jpg

6iULROn.jpg

This show is so special to me since it was a recurring theme in our wedding/honeymoon, and it made me feel close to N to be watching it. I was glad to get a taste of it, while also getting to the busses in good time.

But CapDuff couldn't help but stop for a couple of photos on the way out.

tnfxSuB.jpg

pEmgyRO.jpg

He's much better at selfie walls than I am.

I made my way back to the room, admiring the Mighty Ducks theming at night as I strolled.

QhWgVCx.jpg

Before too long it was time for a little bedtime Duffy with Duffy, and then we were off to bed.

R1G8XcQ.jpg

I'd had a wonderful first solo day, and I never felt alone with all the fun things I did, and with all the wonderful new people I'd met, as evidenced here...

74F7czV.jpg

Coming soon: my second solo day, beginning at my favourite park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter