I don't want to be a cheapskate...MNSSHP

It seems like there are more "Premium Dates" than in the past. I understand the week of Halloween being considered Premium, but what's so special about the other date?

I'm curious about this too. DH's favorite holiday is Halloween, and we went last year and had a blast (even though it poured). Since his birthday is Oct. 1, I thought about seeing if we could swing a trip the week of his birthday. There are FIVE MNSSHP's scheduled for that week, and most of them are premium dates. I don't get it. The crowd calendar is predicting fairly low attendance that week, though the F&W festival begins that week as well. Maybe that has something to do with it? :confused3 I wouldn't know, and couldn't even try to begin to get into Disney's head to see what they are thinking. I mean, this is a whole month before Halloween. (Incidentally, we were there September 14 or 15 last year).

I am in shock at the prices this year. This will be my last year attending. I have attended the last 2 years and by the looks of it next year we will be paying almost as much as a one day park ticket.

I love Disney but the greed is starting to show! :mad:

One of the reasons I planned my vacation for October was to finally be able to do MNSSHP. When I saw the prices this morning, I was a bit in shock. However, I really really want to go at least once. I was lucky enough to realize that there are 2 parties while I am there. I had decided to go to the 10/16 party but now that I look closely, it appears that it will be better to go 10/13 and not pay premium. At least now I will be able to say, "I've done it" and next year I can make a more informed decision.

The Premium and Non-Premium is a DIS boards thing, not Disney. If you look at the Disney site, it is actually full price and Advanced Purchase Discounted price. Some nights are not eligible for the discount, so it doesn't matter when you buy your tickets (i.e. the nights DIS labled Premium). To get the lower price on the other nights, you do have to purchase the tickets ahead of time. If you wait until the day of, you will pay the full price.
The early notice on this board was misleading.

I would take into consideration if the kids would be too tired at that point to enjoy the party.

As pp said , it is the same as in past only the higher prices.I think it seems like more "premium" dates because the parties have never started as early as they are this year.

Hmmmm, tough call. I too am going in October and I think I'll wait to buy the tickets there if we are still up for it.

I think after reading posts here that we will also wait for the day before the party, check the weather and then buy our tickets 1 day before rather than today. It is a long way till Halloween!

We have gone to the last 3 Halloween parties and have a blast. Sticker shock is setting in here too. To see a 30% increase in the price in 1 year is steep, no doubt about it. We'll likely still go, but some cost inside the park will get cut.

We've done the Halloween party 3 times and we enjoyed it all 3 times :woohoo: :woohoo:. I think it's something to experience atleast once, and in my opinion, your boys would absolutely love it :cool1: :cool1:!!! The first year we went was in 2004 actually on Halloween itself; of course everything was new (as far as the party) and being able to ride all the popular rides without hoards of people like on a regular day was great. The last 2 times we went, we pretty much went to enjoy the ambiance of the park/party. Plus you can buy things that are specifically for the party that you can't buy unless you attend the party. Is it expensive to attend? Yes.....but it's also an added experience to your already great WDW vacation, IMO :dance3:. It's the thrill of not only trick-or-treating while doing other things, but trick-or-treating and doing those other things while at the MK in Disney World.....it just doesn't get any better than that :yay:.

I WAS going to go in Sept for the FIRST time, but after seeing the prices, I think I will skip it!:sad2: I have been to 2 P&PP and it was OK, but very crowded!:headache:

I've been three times now, and while I enjoyed it very much the first year the next two years were a letdown. I didn't even consider it for this years trip. They have done away with the free photo, the candy has gotten cheaper, the lines longer AND they're selling MORE tickets per event making it more crowded than it was before.

The first time I really enjoyed the parade and fireworks...as something new to do..it's an exciting change of pace. But as I said prviously..now it feels like a "been there, done that" sort of adventure.

because it's rain or shine, you could be miserable walking around in pouring rain trying to get your moneys worth.

I don't buy the tickets untill the morning of the party.

1st I check the weather report...if its not raining then I'll buy unless they are sold out.

If they are sold out.... I don't want to go anyway...too busy

I go along with wait until you are at Disney. See what the weather is like and what is going on with your family. I have been amazed at all the people today trying to order tickets. If it is sold out, you do NOT want to be there. Don't get me started about all these parties. I tend to really go on a rant! :rolleyes1

We were there at Halloween in 2006 and we didn't go because of the price. A couple of other families we knew were there at the same time and they went and loved it. I regretted my decision not to go. Last year we were there in Aug and did the Pirates & Princess Party and it was awesome. There were lower crowds, the decorations around the MK are great, as are the different fireworks and parade. DH was a little leary about spending the money last year for P&P but as we were leaving he said it was so worth it. We are going to MNSSHP this year for sure!

If we were to buy tickets for one of these parties, then I most likely would sleep in that morning, spend the first part of the day just lounging at the resort, maybe a few hours at Downtown Disney. Then I'd give the kids a good nap and get to MK at 4pm and try to stay as long as I could. That's the only way I'd feel like I got my money's worth.

My vacation falls during a period where there is only one day that would be eligible for advance sale tickets. We are planning on maybe going October 24th as our package doesn't start until the 25th and we don't have park tickets for that day. But, without any discount I will just wait and see. If we aren't too tired, it's not raining, and there are tickets available when we get there we might go. I love MNSSHP and was really looking forward to it. But, I just saw the price increase:scared1: .

The best part about MNSSHP, IMO, is that adults can dress up too!!! Last year my DH and I dressed up as Jack and Sally, from Nightmare Before Christmas, make-up and everything!!! It was SUCH a blast!!

Of all the hard ticket events we like MNSSHP the best. That being said we did not go last year. And may not this year. But it is a great time, as long as they keep the trick or treatin as they have. I was very disappointed they stopped with the free fortune tellers a few years back.

We are planning to go Oct 28, but I must say that I have sticker shock--$242. We can add park hoppers to our tickets for that much. (Which could be a better idea). But dh likes the idea of Halloween at Magic Kingdom. I just hope the tickets are not sold out by pay day (May 15)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter