• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I feel so stupid asking but...

MaxiMax

Earning My Ears
can someone please explain how this free dining plan works!

1. What restaurants take 2 credits?

2. Are the credits in a "lump"? So like, if you wanted to eat at all TS one day and only snacks the rest...can you do that? Or is it 1 ts, 1 cs, 1 s only per day?

3. can you use a ts credit for 1 person then pay cash for the other person?

we'll be there for only 4 nights/5 days.

Sorry for being such a dork and not thinking straight about this!

MaxiMax said:
can someone please explain how this free dining plan works!

1. What restaurants take 2 credits?
  • Jiko
  • Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
  • Flying Fish Café
  • Artist Point
  • California Grill
  • Yachtman's Steakhouse
  • Hoo-Dee-Doo Musical Review
  • Mickey's Backyard BBQ
  • Citrico's
  • Narcoosee's
  • CRT breakfast, lunch or dinner
  • Hollywood Brown Derby
2. Are the credits in a "lump"? So like, if you wanted to eat at all TS one day and only snacks the rest...can you do that? Or is it 1 ts, 1 cs, 1 s only per day?
You will get 1 credit each per person per night for TS, CS and snack. It will all be given to you at checkin to be used on any of the days of your stay, in any combination of meals you choose to do during your stay.

3. can you use a ts credit for 1 person then pay cash for the other person?
Yes, you can. If that's how you would like to do it.

Thank you for asking this! (And thanks for the response). I've been trying to figure out how dining plans work (we're not going during the free dining, so we're trying to decide if we should buy a plan or not!).

Keepee said:
Thank you for asking this! (And thanks for the response). I've been trying to figure out how dining plans work (we're not going during the free dining, so we're trying to decide if we should buy a plan or not!).

If you plan to eat meals at the parks (even if they are all CS meals), then the DDP is almost certainly going to be a good value for you.

If you are on a tight budget and plan to bring sandwiches into the parks for lunch and then have fast food dinners off site, then you will come out a bit cheaper doing it that way. HOWEVER, you might still want to consider the plan anyway. You could meal-share using the plan and use the saved credits for extra "free" meals. In the end, you might come out so close to a breakeven on cost that it might be worth splurging. You'd be getting a LOT more food for only a LITTLE more money.

The situation in which the DDP is most likely to NOT be worth it is for a family with children age 10+ (who still have children's appetites). If you fall into this category, you really need to do a cost-benefit comparison. If you plan to eat in the parks whether or not you have the plan, then the plan will be a good value for you. If you plan to eat most meals outside of the parks, then you might save a little money by not purchasing the plan (the trade off is that you'd be eating a LOT less in order to save a LITTLE money). Many families with kids over the age of 10 either meal-share or pay cash for child's meals and use the child's adult credits to add in extra TS meals or breakfasts.

FYI - there's a great downloadable PFD from the WDW website that explains the plan and lists all participating restaurants and which type(s) of meals they serve. The 2 credit meals are listed as such.
Go to waltdisneyworld.com, choose Tickets and Reservations (sort of in the upper right corner), choose 2006 Packages, under MYW with Dining, click the selected restaurants link. The document will open with Adobe; you can download and/or print from there.

Awesome!!! I love you guys, you've taken loads of stress off my mind. :lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter