I finally found a restaurant at MGM to love!!

tbthomps

Cinderella Wannabe
My family and I have always had difficulty on our MGM days....we always were unable to land reservations at 50's or Sci-Fi and usually grabbed counter service where ever we could find it. We hadn't found one that stood out or that we all enjoyed.

This past trip we somehow managed to land a Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Brown Derby. We were skeptical but looked forward to the seating at Fantasmic so we tried it.

My husband and I both ordered the Filet Mignon which was excellent (second only to LeCellier which we LOVE). My husband ordered the sea scallop and cheesecake while I tried the crab cake and grapefruit cake. My daughter had chicken noodle soup, hot dog and fries, and ice cream.

Everything was wonderful!!! Service was spectacular!!! We can't wait to go back.

Brown Derby is OUR FAVORITE RESTAURANT AT MGM.

I just wanted to share.

By the way, we were able to sit on the front benches at Fantasmic which was an adventure in itself. I had no idea that you could get drenched watching the show.......we so enjoyed when the lake caught on fire and warmed us up.

Good to hear that BD is still good spot at MGM. DH and I have the Fantasmic Package at BD on one evening of our December trip. Its been about 8 years since we've been to BD. Now I totally can not wait!!!! Thanks for the update!!

tbthomps said:
My family and I have always had difficulty on our MGM days....we always were unable to land reservations at 50's or Sci-Fi and usually grabbed counter service where ever we could find it. We hadn't found one that stood out or that we all enjoyed.

This past trip we somehow managed to land a Fantasmic Dinner Package at the Brown Derby. We were skeptical but looked forward to the seating at Fantasmic so we tried it.

My husband and I both ordered the Filet Mignon which was excellent (second only to LeCellier which we LOVE).

Have you had the filet at JIKO??

BD is a must for us on every trip ~ We just love that restuarant.

My Mom had a bad experience at BD years ago. (she has bad experiences at most restaurants she goes to. She is a pain in the butt!)
We generally go to WDW with my parents. I would so love to go to BD again!!!!! Maybe I can ditch Mom and Dad one day>>!!?? :teeth:
Glad to hear BD is good and pixie dust for me on giving it another try!

Glad you enjoyed your meal! We're trying Brown Derby for the first time in a few weeks - can't wait!!!

congrats! my family loves that also. we enjoy 50's AND BROWN DERBY. they all rock. it took us a while to find a place at mgm that we love but we do now!

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing. We have an ADR for 50sPTC for lunch. Maybe we should try this for a late dinner.

when you eat at the bd how do they do the priority seating is it a section reserverd for you or do you go in real early? How does it work?

I discovered BD last trip, and have Fantasmic packages booked there next month, and in Feb. I plan to book it next year during free dining, :cool1: , as well.

jwfla422 said:
Have you had the filet at JIKO??

No we have not ate there. But if it's anything like the Brown Derby or Le Cellier.....we will definitely have to give it a try!!

Thanks for the recommendation!! :Pinkbounc

nettii said:
when you eat at the bd how do they do the priority seating is it a section reserverd for you or do you go in real early? How does it work?

Although we were on the Fantasmic package, check-in at the Brown Derby was like any other ADR reservation. We checked in at the front desk upon arrival and were actually seated a few minutes prior to our reservation. Our server gave us the passes needed to access the reserved seating for Fantasmic.

disneyfav4ever said:
I plan to book it next year during free dining, :cool1: , as well.

I hope you're aware of something that I'm not because I already have my fingers crossed that free dining will be offered again!!!!!!!

This was our first experience with the dining plan and we loved it. We planned to purchase it on our next trip but would LOVE it experience it FREE!!!

:cool1:

So glad to hear about BD. I was always afraid with children to try BD. I wanted a change last visit but this next visit Mom wins with the fantasmic package at BD. Thanks!!!

Thanks for the review, glad that you enjoyed your meal. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter