I forgot my shorts? Really???

Our first trip after our youngest was born my sleep-deprived DH forgot one of the smaller bags at home. It happened to contain all of the swimsuits for everyone else but me, and all of the extra baby supplies that were not in the diaper bag (thank God not my swimsuit, as I'm really difficult to fit, and they tend to cost me around $100 each.) I went out to Walmart at 5 am the morning after our arrival and dropped $150; we managed.

Also, on a beach trip when DS was about 12, (at that somewhat hygiene-challenged stage most middle-school boys go through) he insisted on packing for himself, which he always tried to manage in about 5 minutes, When we arrived I discovered he had packed 2 shirts, 4 prs of shorts, and no underwear at all. I let him live with that one: he has never again neglected to pack underwear.

Oh I remembered shorts when we went in December 2014. Problem was it barely broke 50 degrees all week, and much colder in the evenings. I wore the jeans I flew down in all week.

Our last girls trip I packed coffee, coffee filters and a coffee cup but forgot the coffee pot. The hotel we were staying in only had a mini Kurig and they charged you a ridiculous amount of money per pod. I ended up McGyvering a coffee filter with one of DD's hair bands. Worked pretty well!

I have this girlfriend and love the dickens out of her!

I've forgotten underwear, pajamas, and a bathing suit - all in separate trips. Another trip coming up - another chance to forget something!

Stepped off the plane in Orlando and it hit me. I didn't bring myself a bathing suit. It was really awful to have to buy that super cute one at Caribbean Beach Resort gift shop

Last year we rented a beach house and I forgot the beach cart that I bought for this trip. It worked out ok but it would have been nice to throw the beach chairs, towels, umbrella etc. in the cart. When I got home I just returned it to the store. It was around $70 and I wasn't sure we'd need it again (renting another beach house this year so yes I would have gotten use out of it - oh well).

I used to always forget sleepwear I however think I subconsciously did it on purpose as I love the to the knee sleep shirts Disney sells and it was the perfect excuse to buy a new one.

I am not worried if I a, traveling in the USA if I forget something I can buy a new one but if traveling internationally I really don't want to forget anything so what I do now when I gwet ready to pack I take everything I want to bring and fold it in piles on my bed and then put each pile in the suitcase and once something goes in I don't take it back out.

Last edited:
Nope can't say that I ever have forgotten anything but my son, when he was between maybe 7 & 11, would always get in the car without his shoes!! One time we were going to the hospital to get his cast off and it was 30 min from our house. At 15 min in we noticed he was barefooted, had to turn around and go back home. And I can't tell you the countless times the kid has come home barefooted and left his shoes somewhere. Ugh, glad we have outgrown that stage!!

My oldest daughter used to do the same thing - she'd hop in the car without shoes on. Sometimes it was just her way of getting out of doing something - oh look, can't go in the grocery store, don't have any shoes... But then I'd make her carry in and unpack everything because she didn't help in the store. And her younger sister would get to pick out a treat or two in the store, as she was in there helping me. Older sister got no treats.

So what were you wearing on the trip down, dress pants? ;) At least if you're staying offsite you'll probably have a washer handy and won't need that many.

Have a great trip! :)

I forgot to pack my deodorant on a trip to Punta Canta a few years back. Went to the gift shop and it was like $15, so I just took 4 showers a day.

DS got in the car once barefoot, and I didn't notice. Thankfully, I did notice before we reached the airport. Fastest Walmart stop ever. This was more than 10 years ago, so no GPS. I saw the Walmart from the highway, but when I pulled off, the way was far from obvious. Probably my worst driving move ever, but we drove across a soccer field to get there. My kids were shocked, and looking back, I am too. I'm usually a rule follower, but I was kind of panicking.

I have the opposite problem. I tend to leave things behind!

I never forget to bring things, but I ALWAYS leave things behind. I've had hotels and cottage owners ship things home to me. One time it was my jewelry, another time my various supplements, and another my camera among other things. I swear I check every time we leave! I'm mourning the recent loss of my favorite white summer hoodie... Heartbreaking lol. Someone in Florida is enjoying it!

I never forget to bring things, but I ALWAYS leave things behind. I've had hotels and cottage owners ship things home to me. One time it was my jewelry, another time my various supplements, and another my camera among other things. I swear I check every time we leave! I'm mourning the recent loss of my favorite white summer hoodie... Heartbreaking lol. Someone in Florida is enjoying it!

LOL! I left my best bathing suit behind once. You know, the perfect one that not only fit good but made me look slim???!!!!

My first ex husband was the WORST about this - with very pricey stuff - bespoke suits from London? Left in Vegas. Tag Heuer watch? Left in WDW. Interestingly, those things were never found...lol. Went to Universal with him last year - he lost $500 cash, had no idea, just got more...brilliant, but god bless, absent minded.

I forgot my shirts. I had them on hangers and planned to pack them at the last minute. They stayed on that doorknob until we got back. Target had what I needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter