I freakin' LOVE Studio Ghibli!

Domo

Wotcha
More so even than Disney, dare I say... although in these modern times, isn't Disney the parent of Studio Ghibli?

gibli-mashup.jpg

More so even than Disney, dare I say... although in these modern times, isn't Disney the parent of Studio Ghibli?

Disney is not the parent of Studio Ghibli. They did have a distribution deal for some dubbed theatrical and home video releases for a while, but that deal has expired. I believe they maintain the rights to the films originally covered in the deal. Studio Ghibli does indeed have some nice work under it's belt.

My daughter is also a huge fan. She cried when we we went to the Studio Ghibli museum in Japan.

What are your favourites? I find it so hard to pick! If pushed I might have to plump for Howl's Moving Castle. But the others are just so good! I cut my Ghibli teeth on Spirited Away :)

Family of fans here too. My ex-SIL was Japanese and turned us onto the original My Neighbor Totoro and we were hooked. Each trip home to Japan she would bring more and more stuff for us.

Those of you who are fans who have a Regal Theater near you, starting April 22, they are showing one Studio Ghibli film a month for three days through November. It is $75 for all 8 films.

This month is The Cat Returns on 4/22, 4/23 & 4/25.

What are your favourites? I find it so hard to pick! I
All around favorite is Howl's, especially good English dub.

Favorite when spending time with the kids, The cat returns.

Favorite for when I'm alone and contemplative, grave of fireflies.

Those of you who are fans who have a Regal Theater near you, starting April 22, they are showing one Studio Ghibli film a month for three days through November. It is $75 for all 8 films.

This month is The Cat Returns on 4/22, 4/23 & 4/25.
The emagine theaters in Michigan are running the same program.

Seeing the new short, 'Boro the Caterpillar' at Ghibli Museum last week was awesome! Visiting the museum was the second best part of our Tokyo trip...obviously #1 was Tokyo Disneyland / DisneySea for 3 days.

We are also participating in the Studio Ghibli Fest 2018 here at home, seeing these films on the big screen is something everyone should do. Here's the site to check showings near you: https://www.fathomevents.com/series/studio-ghibli-fest

Our favorite will always be 'My Neighbor Totoro'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter