I gave up..rescheduled EU cruise

disgreat

Earning My Ears
We were scheduled to take the Magic Northern European cruise from Copenhagen in August. Our PIF day was fast approaching and we were getting nervous. I have some medical issues so I don’t feel comfortable traveling yet.

We made the big decision to cancel our cruise and reschedule for the same cruise next August (2021).

We hope there is a vaccine available by then and that things have settled down a bit by then.

We also hope that we don’t miss some kind of deal that DCL would have given us if we had waited until closer to the cruise.

Did we cancel too early? Should we have waited for some kind of Disney deal?

If you did not feel comfortable paying, you did the right thing. You have got to take care of yourself first.

We canceled our Baltic cruise. Even with the extended pay in full deadline, the money would have been nonrefundable and we did not feel comfortable with Disney having that much of our money on hand. Having your own money in your own bank account is a good deal... Especially when no one knows what next year will look like.

Stay well!

There's no guarantee that Disney will offer a deal if your cruise is cancelled. There's also no way to know if they will cancel it. You made the right choice. Stay healthy.

Sorry, you had to cancel. It stinks, we never saw this nightmare coming, who would have thought????
We should be leaving tomorrow for our WBTA from Miami.
I should have suitcases all over my bedroom, stressing out right now that I will forget something.
Ughhhhhh.........
Let's all pray for an end to this nightmare soon!
Stay safe and healthy.

Our PIF day for our Baltic cruise is May 15. We’re almost certainly going to cancel although we haven’t done so yet.

I highly doubt this cruise will occur and that, if we pay it off, we might be offered the 125% credit. But at this point, we just want to move on.

We probably won’t return to cruising until 2022 at the earliest.

Playing the waiting game in the hope of a deal is only worth it if you are good with whatever Disney might decide.

You clearly weren't comfortable cruising yet, so you made the best decision for your family without losing money. 8-)

I wonder if Disney will stop offering the 125%. It made sense when they were cancelling cruises with little notice.

everyone knows that late summer and probably early fall cruises will be cancelled. It won’t be a surprise, it’s something we can all plan for.

I wonder if Disney will stop offering the 125%. It made sense when they were cancelling cruises with little notice.

everyone knows that late summer and probably early fall cruises will be cancelled. It won’t be a surprise, it’s something we can all plan for.
I think it really depends a lot on how many late 2020 and 2021 bookings they are getting. They'll keep offering the 125% so long as they need to incentivize more bookings in the next 15 months (after all, from their view it is no different than doing a 25% discount for Canadian or Florida residents).

Our PIF is June 1st, we're currently waiting till we're closer to it, to move our funds, with some hope Disney might honour our placeholder if we move. We haven't Paid in Full yet and currently I'm wondering if maybe we should before we move... We don't care about the 125% (although we wouldn't mind), but for some psychological reason, we don't want to loose our placeholder and it feels like they might be more likely to do that if we PIF. choices, choices, choices

You made the right decision. This waiting game became too much for me today too. I'm throwing in the towel and rescheduling my September cruises to this December and next March. I know I may have to reschedule again but at least now I can push them out a little farther.

You made the right decision. This waiting game became too much for me today too. I'm throwing in the towel and rescheduling my September cruises to this December and next March. I know I may have to reschedule again but at least now I can push them out a little farther.
Such a good decision. We got stuck. We paid in full for Italy/Greece back at the end of January. We sort of had to at the time. Then the world exploded. The wait was really hard and worrisome for a cancellation. Just how much money would I get back? My flights, my insurance? And exactly when? It was all good in the end. We bought air through Disney and their insurance, something we never do. My money has been refunded, all of it. I can not complain. I now must wait two weeks for the credit card company to mail me a very large check. It is all good, in the works. Lots of sleepless nights.

I am about to do the same. I've put it off because I didn't want to bother my TA when he is likely slammed with other cruise cancellations. But I'm not paying this one in full when I know we won't be able to go this year and might not even want to go next year (our plan for next year was a WDW/WOHP trip for my eldest son's birthday before he becomes a Disney "adult", and I'm not even sure if we'll feel comfortable doing that). I would rather have as much discretionary funds in my own pocket as possible for the time being.

Right there with you. Just cancelled ours for August 13 out of Copenhagen. We had booked opening day over a year ago. Would have been our first time taking advantage of the OBB benefits too. Verified with DCL that those benefits would not be extended past their December 2020 expirations. I’m pretty bummed, but trying to focus on staying safe and healthy so we can hopefully enjoy this trip in a year or two.

Sounds like you made a good choice. You have control over your money and future holiday plans, and that has to be a bonus in this current climate. Who is to say that the deals and offers will continue? Yes, they might offer more deals, but at the same time, they might revert to regular cancellation policies? Everything is uncertain. So, getting some clarity and certainty has to be a bonus. Glad you were able to lock in something for next year!

We are about to cancel our cruise as our PIF date is fast approaching. We would reschedule, but our current booking was with OBB discount which expires in September (cruise is last possible date before expiration). Clearly DCL are not going to extend that date, so we are just outright cancelling. Also, it is unclear at the moment when international travel will recommence for us - possibly not until 2021, so we are hesitant to make future plans. And who knows what travel insurance companies will and will not cover post-pandemic.

I cancelled for our august cruise. I just did not feel like this was going to get better (cancelled late march ) and I didt want to keep the reservation. At the time I cancelled I thought - well maybe we will still fly to Denmark and do a land vacation. So i booked the Med cruise next year. Then I realized we are not flying to Denmark - family does not want to go anywhere. So I switched to 2021 8 night baltic. Only has 1 day st petersburg and we would have had 2 this year but nothing I can do and I did not want to wait to see if I would get the 125 %.
waiting for my flights to get cancelled or I will get a voucher...

I am about to do the same. I've put it off because I didn't want to bother my TA when he is likely slammed with other cruise cancellations. But I'm not paying this one in full when I know we won't be able to go this year and might not even want to go next year (our plan for next year was a WDW/WOHP trip for my eldest son's birthday before he becomes a Disney "adult", and I'm not even sure if we'll feel comfortable doing that). I would rather have as much discretionary funds in my own pocket as possible for the time being.

That's why I waited so late too, I just didn't want to bother my TA until I had to. I feel so bad to bug her when I know she's slammed.

At the time I cancelled I thought - well maybe we will still fly to Denmark and do a land vacation. So i booked the Med cruise next year. Then I realized we are not flying to Denmark - family does not want to go anywhere.
We're still eyeing to go to Denmark. Lots of the places I want to visit will be open late May early June. 🤞

We're still eyeing to go to Denmark. Lots of the places I want to visit will be open late May early June. 🤞
awesome!!! Probably there things wont be too bad. I just dont think I could quarantine for 14 days after returning if my job asks me to. All of our time off is unpaid...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter