I get 1 day at DisneyLand (Dec. 22nd) and was wondering...

hlwoodcock

Earning My Ears
I get 1 day at DisneyLand (Dec. 22nd) and was wondering if it is possible/advisable to get a park hopper pass and go to both Disneyland and Cali. Adventure?

I am a D.W. regular, but this is my first time to D.L. so I would appreciate any adivce that more experienced guests can give me.

Thanks in advance!

You can get one--in fact DL pretty much pushes that particular ticket choice. With only one day to spend there, and the fact that it's winter break and the crowds will be pretty big, whether it's adviasable or not is another matter. There's no way to do it all in one day. Well, you could do all of DCA in a day w/o a problem, but not both parks, nor even all of DL itself. Personally, I'd concentrate on DL and the attractions and shows that are unique to it and the attractions that are just plain better in DL (like POTC).

I agree with the above poster because you can ride TOT and Soarin at WDW, it is a cold time of year to do Grizzly River Run (very similar but better than Kali at AK). There are two wonderful things at DCA you can't find anywhere else however, California Screamin and the Aladdin show. Unfortunately, you could eat up a lot of time doing those two things. Pretty much all the other rides at DCA are rides you could ride at any amusement park. Don't get me wrong, I love DCA but with only one day to see Disneyland its a tough call. I agree, concentrate on Disneyland and make sure you see Remember, its the best fireworks show anywhere, even better than Wishes if you can imagine that. Also ride Space Mountain, it is so much better than WDW's! If hopping doesn't add much $$ then you could get that option and go over to DCA and check it out if Disneyland is so mobbed you can't do much and you have time.

I went "stag" in May and had a single day at DL. I chose the single-park pass and am certain that was the right choice for me. I spent from opening to closing and still didn't get everything done I wanted to! I wasn't sure how much fun it would be on my own. . . but it was a blast! Nobody to tell me I'm lost (and who cared if I was?!), nobody to disagree on what to have for lunch or say it's too early for a Mickey Bar. :rolleyes1 It was wonderful! Not how I'd want to spend every trip, but I wouldn't mind a day there on my own a few times a year. (Are you listening Santa??)

According to DL's website, looks like the park will be open 8-midnight, with two Christmas parades, one Parade of Dreams, the fireworks and two showings of Fantasmic! That's a full day in and of itself!

Good luck!

I would suggest Ridemax to try and maximize your 1 day, especially with it being at a crowded time of year. We used it with good results in August and planning on using it for our December 18-23 trip. I would also make it a point to catch the Fireworks in the hub, the best FW show we have ever seen! :love: Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter