I got a great deal on Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition

kingLouiethe1

<font color=red> Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasan
And I wanted to share it with all of you! If you join or are a member of DisneyMovieRewards.com you can print a coupon for $10 off. Toys R Us Has it on sale this week for $22.99, but they will also give you another $10 off if you pre-order Toy Story 3 for $5, so I ended up getting one of my favorite Disney movies on Blu-Ray for $2.99.

Cool! I have the $10 coupon, and I have a $15 Best Buy rewards certificate so I was thinking of getting it there. Maybe we'll go to Toys R Us instead. Decisions, decisions...;)

Wow! We bought it Tuesday. But didn't know about any $10 coupon. Oh well. Still happy I finally have this gem on blu ray! :cool1:

Depending on where you got it, Target will let you bring in a coupon with recipt and you can get the $10 back!

I have to go to TRU tomorrow...I was there yesterday but forgot to print the dang coupon!

I finally got around to watching this last night and while still great I was a little disappointed.

The last version I had was the vhs that came out last time this was released, and the whole thing felt more organic. The newer film seem to have been remastered a bit too much. Like all the characters are way too sharply outlined, I don't think I care for it too much. Is it different or are my original memories of watching it in theaters just too rosy?

I just finished watching it last night but can't comment on how different it is as it was my first time seeing it. :blush:

I finally got around to watching this last night and while still great I was a little disappointed.

The last version I had was the vhs that came out last time this was released, and the whole thing felt more organic. The newer film seem to have been remastered a bit too much. Like all the characters are way too sharply outlined, I don't think I care for it too much. Is it different or are my original memories of watching it in theaters just too rosy?

Disney doesn't tend to use much in the way of post-mastering [their before and after shots not withstanding]. It's a big part of the reason for the moratoriums. VHS will tend to look more organic, however, that is due mostly to it being an analog format. It also means that it fails in a very organic manner which will have an effect of softening the edges. For this release, the DI came directly from the original film material. It should be very close to accurate.

Theatres, it will always depend on the theatre and the projectionist [and frankly how worn the film is]. Part of the reason for the unforunate shift to digital projectors is how it raises the minimum quality, but the potential is greatly diminished. But, well, there are very few projectionists that care anymore.

Disney doesn't tend to use much in the way of post-mastering [their before and after shots not withstanding]. It's a big part of the reason for the moratoriums. VHS will tend to look more organic, however, that is due mostly to it being an analog format. It also means that it fails in a very organic manner which will have an effect of softening the edges. For this release, the DI came directly from the original film material. It should be very close to accurate.

Theatres, it will always depend on the theatre and the projectionist [and frankly how worn the film is]. Part of the reason for the unforunate shift to digital projectors is how it raises the minimum quality, but the potential is greatly diminished. But, well, there are very few projectionists that care anymore.

I see, well that also explains a lot. I guess animation is just more appealing to me in low definition.

Did the TRU deal today as well ($10 coupon expires today!). Yep - out of pocket was only a few dollars and I of course I wanted Toy Story 3 anyway.:goodvibes

I noticed most of the coupons expired, price increased, etc.

Just an FYI, it's available on iTunes/AppleTV for $19.99 in HD. Downloading now.

As technical as I am, I'm not sure I'm ready to make the jump to digital movies yet. I still prefer having the actual media. I purchased the combo pack for Iron Man 2 which includes a digital copy along with the media. That I do like.

As technical as I am, I'm not sure I'm ready to make the jump to digital movies yet. I still prefer having the actual media. I purchased the combo pack for Iron Man 2 which includes a digital copy along with the media. That I do like.

I can't imagine going back to DVDs. I haven't bought any in years. It's kinda nice to have them with me when I travel, too.

can anyone tell me what was different about the Extended version? was it just the addition of "Human Again?"

can anyone tell me what was different about the Extended version? was it just the addition of "Human Again?"

DS and I were just saying we didn't remember that song.

The DVD colors are a little sharp for me. And Belle looks much taller and thinner, but maybe that's my imagination.

I agree although i find the scenary beautiful and reminiscent of the IMAX version i saw I also find the characters to be too defined and outlined even odd looking in some spots.

I bought this last week also, sadly I didn't get the deal some of you did. Did anyone notice (I was at Best Buy) that they had 2 different cases for the Diamond Edition? There was the Bluray/DVD then the DVD/Bluray and they both had different prices so I thought there was something different between the two. I compared them and nothing is different other than one is in a bluray case and the other is a DVD. I found it rather odd.

I bought this last week also, sadly I didn't get the deal some of you did. Did anyone notice (I was at Best Buy) that they had 2 different cases for the Diamond Edition? There was the Bluray/DVD then the DVD/Bluray and they both had different prices so I thought there was something different between the two. I compared them and nothing is different other than one is in a bluray case and the other is a DVD. I found it rather odd.

I tried to figure out a difference between them and came up with "nothing", too. But at Target they were both the same price. I think with Snow White if you bought the DVD one the Bonus Features were on DVD, not BluRay. But this one is 2 BluRay discs no matter which version you get. I wish it had digital copy. I got that with my Alice DVD and it is pretty cool.

I tried to figure out a difference between them and came up with "nothing", too. But at Target they were both the same price. I think with Snow White if you bought the DVD one the Bonus Features were on DVD, not BluRay. But this one is 2 BluRay discs no matter which version you get. I wish it had digital copy. I got that with my Alice DVD and it is pretty cool.

I was hoping for a digital copy as well. The "two" different versions had me there for 5 mins trying to figure out the differences then finally gave up and got the Bluray/DVD. I want the cases to match the rest of my Bluray movies (I'm such a geek).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter