• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I got a letter from the 82nd Airborne!! (OMP)

delswife

Love ya, Mean it!
I am jumping for joy! I was so happy to hear from them that I cried!
Heres the letter:

First of all, let me thank you for sending us that care package. The soldiers of my section and myself are more than thankful for your support and words of encouragement. It is good to know that you heard from OMP. Everytime I get a letter I let my soldiers read it too. It encourages people to keep going when we know we got the support of fellow Americans.
It is good to know that your husband was part of the division, I bet he has got alot of good stories to tell you guys.
I got into the service about 6 years ago and I am originally from Ecuador, but I lived in New Jersey for the past 10 years.
I guess I can talk about that later, right now the war is at thier first stages, we hope that we can get out of here soon enough to be reunited with love ones. The morale of the soldiers is high. We trained hard and are ready for this. It is good to know that we have your support and admiration, that means alot to us.
Just let me stop here for now, but if you have any questions of me just reply back and I will be happy to write back.
Once more thank you for your support and time, we certainly appreciate your dedication for fellow soldiers and Americans.

Sincerely,
Carlos Rivas

P.S. Your adopted son.

:bounce: Thanks for sharing that! It really put a smile on my face. :)

That is so great. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Wonderful to hear that he responded. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us!

Thanks delswife for sharing your letter with us!!! My eyes are even filled with tears!! It so good to know what we're doing is so meaningful to the Troops!!!

That's a wonderful letter.

Say Hi to Carlos from all of us in your next letter.

I wonder if these guys (and ladies) have any idea that they have been adopted by a bunch of fanatics (DIS-Fanatics, but fanatics nonetheless :teeth: )

*sniff* off to find the tissues

That was so awesome that he took the time to write you back. Great letter!

Melanie

Thanks for sharing this! He's so sweet to call himself your adopted son. {{sniff}} as I go looking for tissues...

How very exciting!! I know that letter made your day! Thanks so much for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter