• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I got a turtle!

SplashLover93

Mouseketeer<br><font color=d36b9e> believe me i al
we went to the mall and they were selling turtles his name is snappy :cool1: and he is so little and cute he is right next to my in his island tub :flower: and he is very active he was walking all over and trying to climb out lol now he is trying to find out where the disney music is coming from :teeth: he is very fast for a turtle! he's kinda scared but he is sooooo cute! anyone else have a turtle?

its not an illegal kind its not protected it only grows 7 inches :confused3

SplashLover93 said:
its not an illegal kind its not protected it only grows 7 inches :confused3

ooooo... that's not the kind NJ used to sell, the ones they used to sell got pretty big. I never got one though... my mom's friend did when she was a kid and said that those kind that she had was illigal in this state now. :(

I've always wanted a turtle, but I have a hermit crab!! (well, it's not mine, it's my brother and sister's lol) :p

I have a turtle! I got it a few years ago, what kind of turtle do you have?

that's so cute. i never seen a pet store in the mall before...oh well. :)

Turtles are illegal to have as pets here in Illinois too. They are illegal because they carry salmonila (sp? the same stuff that is carried in chicken) so they can be harmful to humans and other pets if touched. I would have a vet check it out every so often to make sure all is okay just in case. We tried recently to get one for my cousin for her bday and we couldn't find any so we asked a store and they are the ones that said they were illegal I guess they had just passed the law. Good luck to raising your turtle!!
-Sarah

nemo1987 said:
Turtles are illegal to have as pets here in Illinois too. They are illegal because they carry salmonila (sp? the same stuff that is carried in chicken) so they can be harmful to humans and other pets if touched. I would have a vet check it out every so often to make sure all is okay just in case. We tried recently to get one for my cousin for her bday and we couldn't find any so we asked a store and they are the ones that said they were illegal I guess they had just passed the law. Good luck to raising your turtle!!
-Sarah
yea thats why we wash our hands after we touch it and its climbed out 1 time how i have no clue its smart lol its trying again

I've always wanted a turtle so bad but with the 2 dogs, 2 cats, 3 hamsters, and 4 hermit crabs we have way too many animals.

Never Had a turtle. I've had a cat, a dog, and a few fish, but never a turtle.

Late.

seaturtledude said:
My Turtle's name is buddy. He just climbed out. He must be smart who knew :confused3 lol :rotfl2:
mine got tired of trying i looked away and when i looked back it was attached to the holder thing im like snappy! he is a dare devil

nemo1987 said:
-Sarah
wow, i live in illinois too and i have friends who have a turtle. they must be breaking the law... :)

i have 2 terrapins that i found. they are 6 and 7 years old. they grow pretty big too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter