I got my delta travel vouchers exp date extended to 2 years total!!

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
I received 4 $59 travel vouchers from delta. We booked the trip in aug 2000. In feb 2001, the price went down 59 each. I called and received travel vouchers for them. We figured we can use them for this years trip. Now we are looking for airfare specials-which there arent any yet for sept, only until aug-but i called on how to use the vouchers. I was told they start from the original ticket purchase date-aug 2000-and are only good for 1 year from then, even though i didnt get the new price until feb 2001. They said it says that on the ticket, which it doesnt. I asked for a supervisor and was told the same thing. then she asked why i got them. I told her the fare went down, and she said because it was a downgraded ticket, it is good for 2 years from the original ticket date-aug 2000. She took my skymiles # and made a note on my account for the whole family that they are good until aug 2002 now, just in case anyone else says they are only good for 1 year and expired like the others tried to tell me. I dont know if i got lucky, but we can sure use the vouchers when buying our tickets!!

I have Delta vouchers as a result of a fare reduction. The vouchers were issued last June and expire one year from date of issue. I confirmed with Delta that TRAVEL does not need to be completed within the one year, you just need to use the vouchers (make a new reservation) within a year from the date of issue for future travel. Since you can book 331 days out, the vouchers are "good" for 1 year and 11 months. I plan on using them for our April 2003 trip to Disney.

I also have a voucher for a companion ticket on Delta through American Express. Contrary to the fare vouchers, TRAVEL on the companion ticket must be completed within a year from date of issue.

Vouchers on e-tickets can be used over the phone. (Mine are on letter size paper that look more like an itinerary.) Paper vouchers that are issued on paper ticket stock need to be taken to the airport (or a city ticket office) to be processed.

With so many variations I can see where people can get confused!

I had the same thing happen to me but no one extended ours. I was told we had to use them by this July no exceptions. So we booked a trip to WDW for Memorial Day Weekend. Our vouchers were about $75 each. After reading your post, I wanted to check on this, for future information, I just got off the phone with Delta and this is what they told me: .Vouchers are good for 1 year only, no exceptions.
I would get whatever that person told you in writing.

Cora

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter