• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I guess I'm just too honest.....

Kteacher

<font color=660099>Not your average kindergarten t
I could never do this. Another woman who works in my classroom took the week off -using sick days- to study for exams (she's a part time student) . She's called in everyday for the next day asking for a sub. The classroom teacher is covering for her-when the office asked if she was sick she told the school secretary yes. It guess it bothers me because I save my personal days for things like this, or I request unpaid time off. Maybe I'm just being naive? I guess I just feel using a week of sick time for personal business is a lot :(

I think very job I have ever had there were people using sick days for personal days.

Teachers around here don't get personal days (maybe 1), so they always use sick days. Well, at least they did when I taught.

I have used sick days to take days off when not sick

we get 10 sick days and only 3 of them are personal days :mad:

how about a teacher who uses a sick day to go on a field trip with his daughter's class? my ex was a NYC teacher when he called in sick so that he could go on a field trip with my older dd's class.

I guess that's why the company I work for puts sick days and vacation days into one pot called "paid time off". There's no difference between the two. So sick people get less vacation and healthy people get more. Works for me since I rarely took a sick day before the new policy.

I've called in sick when not really sick but they don't sub for my position so I don't feel like I'm wasting taxpayer money. Our days carry over but if we leave the district we don't get paid for them. Somebody I work with has over 100 days accrued, I don't want to be that excessive. I wish we did get paid for them, then I wouldn't feel like I have to take them. I think calling in for a week is excessive. If I'm taking dd on a field trip I would take an unpaid leave day. Today we had a leak in the basement and dd didn't feel well so I stayed home, which I can legally do for a sick family member but not for the leak! She did go in later in the am but I didn't.

I guess that's why the company I work for puts sick days and vacation days into one pot called "paid time off".

Same here. I rarely call in (15 months since the last time) so I end up with about seven weeks of vacation time. Since I only use about two weeks worth during the year I get to cash the rest in (this is a once per calander year option). My last Disney trip (and most likely my next) was paid for entirely with my last PTO buyback.

At my work we get 2 personal days and there is not a # of sick days given. If you are sick, then you are sick. They will say something if they see someone abusing it. As for vacation, we can not carryover if we buy a week. If we don't buy a week and want to carryover then you must use your carryover days by May of the next year. There is no way to accumulate a lot of vacation or sick days at my work. Cash option is only if you get 5 weeks vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter