I had an MRI tonight

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
I had to have an MRI done this evening for neck pain associated with headaches. I wasn't nervous about having it done, I thought it would be just like laying in a tanning bed. :rolleyes:

The technician said I could listen to a CD, so I gave him my Illuminations/Tapestry of Dreams CD so I could go to my happy place :teeth: He said I would hear some knocking, but not to worry.

So, I'm laying there thinking I'm going to have this relaxing, quiet time and HOLY COW.....IT IS SO LOUD!!!!!!! :eek: I couldn't believe it. I could barely hear my CD :sad2:

So, this is my public service announcement - if you ever need an MRI done, it is not relaxing, it is not quiet, and don't worry about what CD you are listening to, because you aren't going to hear it ;) I just felt it was my duty to inform my fellow DISers about this - Have a good night!!! :wave:

slo said:
I had to have an MRI done, I thought it would be just like laying in a tanning bed. :rolleyes: :

your optimistic, I always thought of it as lying in a coffin :thumbsup2

YIKES!!! I am going to have a cardio Cscan done Thursday. I have no idea what to expect. I am thinking that I got what I have heard about Cscans & MRI mixed up.

I hope that they are able to find out how to help you. :)

Pop Daddy said:
your optimistic, I always thought of it as lying in a coffin :thumbsup2

Exactly what I think! I cancelled mine today. I'll get it next week. My brain should still be there.

lbgraves said:
YIKES!!! I am going to have a cardio Cscan done Thursday. I have no idea what to expect. I am thinking that I got what I have heard about Cscans & MRI mixed up.

I hope that they are able to find out how to help you. :)

Thanks!!

The same goes to you. Good luck with your test on Thursday.

Thanks! I just looked the CTA coronary up on webmd & it is open with the narrow circle moving to get the image. Amazing what they can do now! :)

I had one done also a couple of years ago...worst test I had ever taken. Of course, I don't like being "closed in" but I only went up to my neck...it was for my knee. From a post I saw of yours (OP) awhile back, I think we may live in the same area...wonder if it was done at the same location! That would be a small world! :)

I've had many MRI's and CT scans, I fall asleep now. But you are right it IS loud. :headache:

I had one about a month ago, for my hip. I have run the gamut of strange medical tests--arthrography, spinal tap, being awake while a bone was being shaved down, and the MRI was one of the worst things I have ever gone through! I had NO IDEA how chlostrophobic I would feel--I've never felt like that before. Not only that, I was also just very uncomfortable laying on my back, and apparently kept moving, which made the whole thing longer.

I really need to have another for my back, but there is no way I'm doing it without sedation. I don't think I could stand it:)

I hope I just didn't bum anyone out...I just had a bad experiance...

always dreamin' said:
I had one done also a couple of years ago...worst test I had ever taken. Of course, I don't like being "closed in" but I only went up to my neck...it was for my knee. From a post I saw of yours (OP) awhile back, I think we may live in the same area...wonder if it was done at the same location! That would be a small world! :)

That would be a small world.

Are you from Illinois or Indiana?

I've never had an MRI but have heard plenty about it.

DH has had several for one reason or another. One of his was for severe headaches he was having. Turns out stress was his culprit.

I hope the MRI gets to the root of your problem and it's nothing serious. :wizard: :hug:

I had two done on one day two weeks ago. I was thinking hey no big deal you just lay there. NO WAY!! Never again will I do two at once. I was in that silly tube for an hour.
I was also having headaches that I thought may come from riding the corkscrew rollercoaster at Canobie Lake park here in New Hampshire ( heard a really bad crunch in my neck during the ride). I had one done of my neck and found some bulging. I also had one done of my brain which came back with "Unspecified changes in the brain" :confused3 :confused: :scared: . I have an appointment with a neurologist on the 5th. Ever notice when the doctot tells you not to worry you worry even more????

Anyways goodluck and I hope they find out what is causing the pain.

I hate those things. A couple of years ago, I ended up in the hospital, my left arm went numb.

They ran a number of tests on me, including that, turned out to be the nerves running down my arm, but I almost panicked in this thing.

The only thing that got me through it, was I was taken across the street from the hospital, so I knew I'd be able to go out front and smoke. That's what I kept telling myself, just get through this and go have a cigarette.

I had to pick up the films and CD to take to my other Dr. We watched the CD version at home, now that was cool!!

slo I hope the tests come out fine. They are very loud, sounds like a jack hammer to me. I can't believe Amy used to sleep through them, they had to wake her up to put the contrast in. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter