I hate v day on behalf of a friend

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
Everyone I know is going to be paired off

My mom and step mom

Dh and I

That leaves my friend all alone

I guess dh and I could exchange gifts before dinner

Then add her too the reservation the problem is I don’t know how dh will feel or if we can afford her the only reason we can is because of a gift card so with out her our meal is 5 dollars

What do other single people do on v day I have been with dh for so long I don’t have a real suggestion for her

Exchange your cards and gifts privately. That's what most people do. It's not a shared event nor a big deal for most married couples. I'm sure you can all have dinner together without it being awkward. Maybe just split the leftover bill that's not included in the gift card. You might buy her a chocolate or a cupcake and say Happy Valentine's Day!

My husband and I have long stopped celebrating Valentines Day. However, back when we did, we didn't worry about what our single friends were doing. Maybe she doesn't even celebrate VD? If you feel like you want to do something special for her as your friend, you could give her a bag of candy she likes, or something along those lines.

Everyone I know is going to be paired off

My mom and step mom

Dh and I

That leaves my friend all alone

I guess dh and I could exchange gifts before dinner

Then add her too the reservation the problem is I don’t know how dh will feel or if we can afford her the only reason we can is because of a gift card so with out her our meal is 5 dollars

What do other single people do on v day I have been with dh for so long I don’t have a real suggestion for her

Well I definitely wouldn't want to be a third wheel on someone's Valentine's Day dinner date! She should rent a movie and have a nice night at home, or go out with some other single friends, but I wouldn't invite her to be a part of your dinner.

DH and I don't celebrate holidays.

I wouldn’t want to be the third wheel on someone’s Valentines date.

I hate Valentines Day (way more bad memories than good) so I had no problem being alone on that day.

Well I definitely wouldn't want to be a third wheel on someone's Valentine's Day dinner date! She should rent a movie and have a nice night at home, or go out with some other single friends, but I wouldn't invite her to be a part of your dinner.

DH and I don't celebrate holidays.

Jinx!

I was single for 26 valentine's days before I met my husband. Chocolate, coffee, and cheesy movies were a staple. Once my friends all paired off and I was still alone, I would get take out and hide in my room. Enjoy your day and dinner with your hubby.

You know some people just need to feel needed. If it were me I would do something for them the day before or the day after. You could make a nice salad and make a fun dessert to enjoy together. And have a nice visit for a few hours.

And it could make their whole day. And it leaves you still for you and hubby to have valentines.

DH and I have been together for 17 years and we rarely even celebrate the holiday. Heck, this year he'll be attending a work conference out of state and is taking DD with him (Orlando, lucky :P).

When I was single on Vday I volunteered to work that day as others wanted off early. Or if I had class I was grateful. A few times us girls hung out and had take out and watched tv. Personally I wouldn't focus on her being single. If you feel the need to do something for her, then consider a small thing of candy or flowers that say "I'm thinking of you, happy friends day". Or grab coffee earlier int he day. Being a third wheel on VDay is less than ideal, even with good intentions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter