• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have a little Nemo fan.........Epcot the only place to find Nemo??

marshallandcartersmo

DIS Veteran
My DS2 has turned into a huge Nemo and Dory fan. Are there any Nemo attractions at WDW besides the one in Epcot? We'll be visiting WDW late 4/06 and planned on bypassing Epcot (not sure if our boys 5yrs & 2yrs would be interested, and DH and I have been in the past). However, if Epcot is the only place to find Nemo we might have to go..............thanks

I'm also a huge Nemo fan, and epcot (specifically the Living Seas) is the only place I've seen the characters from there. Make sure you don't miss Turtle Talk With Crush. Also, I loved the 2 rooms that had facts and fish based on the movie, finding Nemo. There's one room with all kinds of fish from that movie (you can almost hear the "teacher"!) and one with lots of info on sharks.

There is a meetable character Nemo, as he is sort of like a parade float, but he moves his eyes and fins and travels around the area in front of the Living Seas. I don't know how often he is out, though, but we seen him in the past! :) :)

HugsForEeyore said:
There is a meetable character Nemo, as he is sort of like a parade float, but he moves his eyes and fins and travels around the area in front of the Living Seas. I don't know how often he is out, though, but we seen him in the past! :) :)

We just got back on Sunday and went to Epcot twice during our stay, we never saw Nemo (the meetable character). Sure wish I knew this before I went, I would have asked for him.

OMG...the turtle talk with Crush was hilarious! I truly enjoyed that show...probably more than my kids did! :rotfl:

always dreamin' said:
We just got back on Sunday and went to Epcot twice during our stay, we never saw Nemo (the meetable character). Sure wish I knew this before I went, I would have asked for him.
OMG...the turtle talk with Crush was hilarious! I truly enjoyed that show...probably more than my kids did! :rotfl:

Sadly, I have not seen Nemo in awhile at the Living Seas, as he may not have been out during the rehab. And I am not sure if anyone has seen him since it reopened, so don't worry - you may not have missed anything!!

I was there the first week of december and saw nemo (the floatable character). got my picture with him. It was funny because the cm told everyone he had to go back inside because he couldn't breath too long. He is cute.

As the other posters have said, be sure to take your little one to the Living Seas to see Turtle Talk with Crush. In fact, the entire pavillion has been redone to reflect the popularity of Finding Nemo. There's an entire room for sharks, featuring of course, "Bruce" and his friends.

By the way, don't be too quick to dismiss Epcot for your children. I have always found Epcot to be very entertaining for children as young as yours! The dancing fountains in the ground where they can splash and play and get soaked is a highlight for two-year olds! (bring swim shorts-and let them blow off steam) The Flower and Garden Festival will be going on during the time you plan to visit. Keep posted for events for children during that time. Last year, Epcot had a butterfly room outdoors, and a playground; they even scheduled a weekend event called "I Dig Bugs" ! There are many topiaries of the children's favorite characters around the park; it's a great time for children to be there. At Innovations, there is always something to interest little children. Every country has a Kidcot stop where they can make masks. I think it is sad that so many people have the idea that Epcot isn't for children.

We were there in September 2005 when the Living Seas was closed for rehab and Nemo was out and about in the area. He is a little float and his eyes and fins move!!

I am sure he will still be there! Have a feeling the character greeting was mentioned on the Epcot map but can not remember. Have fun finding him!!

Claire & Neil - 39 Days & counting!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Disney Fool said:
By the way, don't be too quick to dismiss Epcot for your children. I have always found Epcot to be very entertaining for children as young as yours!
::yes::
This was my biggest surprise during my trip with my 3 and 5 yr olds. Between the KidCot Fun Stops, Street Performers, food and NEMO, EPCOT was my kids' favorite place. I had originally only planned to be there 1/2 a day. We ended up staying a whole day and going back for an additional morning. And as others have said, Turtle Talk with Crush is a MUST see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter