I have a quick question...

DVCKaren

WDW Maniac
I know I can look this up in my guidebook, but I am at work and the guidebook is at home.....soooooo....I will ask it here!

If my use year is Dec, I have until May to bank the points correct? Do I have to bank the points by the beginning of may, or do I have until the end of the month?

You have till the end of May to bank all points.

The banking deadlines are very strict so don't miss out. We were informed that to vacation on alternate years between Okw in Jul and VWL in Sep, so why did they give us a use year of Aug.

Stevie Kay
Inverness
Scotland

We were informed that to vacation on alternate years between Okw in Jul and VWL in Sep, so why did they give us a use year of Aug.

I may not completely understand the question, but use year is only when your points are renewed each year....and have no role in when you may make a reservation. You will usually have little choice for a use year- just what month they are currently seliing.

Don't worry about your Aug use year- it just means that you get more points in a few months! Enjoy!

(You will want to be careful about cancelling a July trip however. If you cancel within 30 days- you'll have to reuse those points before Aug 1- or lose them).

That's our point exactly. Every second year for us to vacation in July we have to borrow the points from the up and coming August use year and we realise the implications of borrowing.

We were pretty naive at the time of buying, but the rep assured us that August was the ideal month for us. At the time we bought, we had a choice of the month we wanted. In hindsight I think we should have taken a July use year and then we wouldn't have to borrow all the time.

Mary Kay
(DW of Stephen Kay)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter