I have an idea for a new WDW Theme Park

eric8

Mouseketeer
First, let me say that I came up with an idea for a really cool theme park that was based on villians. It was sort of a dark mirror image of the Magic Kingdom. Then I found out that particular idea has made the rounds many times over. Oh well!

Anyways, I have a new idea. It may have already been discussed. I don't know. But it would really be cool to have a Disney Park that featured forgotten/retired attractions from our youth...as well as shows, restaurants, shopping etc. Such has 20k leagues under the sea. I rode this as a child back in the 80's. It's been long gone. It could be ressurected in this new theme park. So would Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Snow White's Scary Adventure (since it's being replaced...and the old ride before they made it less 'frightening').

There are a host of other things that we fondly remember from our youth. It would be really cool (at least i think so) if there was a park for those nostalgic people like myself. That way...our favorite parts of Disney would never 'die'. They live on and our kids can experience the same things.

What do you guys think? It keeps with the theme 'Disney Memories'.

I wonder if you could get a petition up of enough people then maybe they will eventually acknowledge the idea. Or any idea for that matter.

It's just a pipe dream, i'm sure. But i think it would be really nice.

Is there a way to send attraction ideas to Disney ?

No.

per the website:

NOTICE: We are pleased to hear from our guests and welcome your questions. However, be advised that our company policy does not allow us to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions, or materials other than those that we have specifically requested

Well that's a bummer. Thanks for posting that info. Maybe i'll create a web page about it and it will get popular and attract the attention of Disney!!!

You could also throw in a few attractions that never saw the light of day but were heavily considered at one time. Such as that old western/cowboy ride i heard about a while back. I think it was boat ride through the wild west (think POTC but for the Old West) I think that would have been pretty neat.

At least this park wouldn't be crowded.

Nostalgia is nice, but is best left to memories, I have found. We always remember things better than they were.

I would rather see Disney spend the money on newer cutting edge rides and technology than to spend probably 2-5x the original cost to rebuild old rides that were replaced for a reason.

Nostalgia is nice, but is best left to memories, I have found. We always remember things better than they were.

I would rather see Disney spend the money on newer cutting edge rides and technology than to spend probably 2-5x the original cost to rebuild old rides that were replaced for a reason.

:thumbsup2

I'm as nostalgic as the next guy, but that's an important point. :thumbsup2

I agree with this as well. Not intending to be mean or anything, but those rides were closed because Disney believed whatever replaced it would draw in more visitors. To build a park of attractions that they deemed sub-par would make terrible business sense. As fans it doesn't hurt to imagine...

I don't know, it'd be pretty awesome to see them try to build a marketing strategy around irrelevant attractions.

"Remember all those rides we took out that only a handful of you enjoyed? They're back!"
6731757263_3b90095ee6.jpg

Well that's a bummer. Thanks for posting that info. Maybe i'll create a web page about it and it will get popular and attract the attention of Disney!!!

That, of course, would absolutely seal the deal on such a park not happening even if they like the idea. Disney will go to great lengths to protect themselves from lawsuits, and how many of them have there been from folks claiming that Disney stole their idea.

Anything that arrives in the mail that even hints at creative content never gets past those whose sole job it is to screen the mail.

Stuff that gets built in the park will always originate from within the company, in one way or another.

"Remember all those rides we took out that only a handful of you enjoyed? They're back!"
6731757263_3b90095ee6.jpg
This one, you might already know, is coming to DCA this summer. And having ridden it as a kid, I'm looking forward to see what this one is like now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter