I have recieved a reply from a complaint I made...

I just had my first visit to DLP It was actually my first visit to any of the Disney Parks I had the most amazing time I honestly couldn't fault one thing ( be coded the queues sometimes) I never saw the run down park that people are talking about. I saw the stars into sons eyes when he Met his hero I saw the smiles on our faces as we spent much needed family time together
I'm sorry the original person who posted this had a bad time Sometimes you just need to open you eyes and have at have fun

When I started reading this thread, I had no intention of commenting. I find sometimes, these discussions start to get a bit personal, but the more I read, the more I felt the need to do so.

We've been as a couple, a family of 2 Adults & 2 Children and also just myself & daughter, and I have to say, I have never had a "Low" ruin our holiday enough to expect a free night.

Over our 18 trips in 6 years, we had a trip while staying at The Cheyenne where there wasn't any water in our toilet, so couldn't flush. Went to reception, and they sent someone up within an hour to fix it. We've had mold on the tiles in a few of the bathrooms. One trip we thought it was a bit much, we went to reception, and we moved room. When staying at The Disneyland Hotel, we were quite "Perplexed" by the many white stains all over the bench thing at the end of the bed, so we put a towel over it, moved it to the corner of the room & didn't sit on it :thumbsup2 The main "Low" we've had was while staying at The Hotel New York 18 months ago. My daughters iPod went "missing" from our room. Partly our fault for not putting it in the safe, but that's not my point. We made the CMs aware, NOT accusing anyone of any wrong doing, but asked that if it was handed in after we left, could they inform us. It never turned up, but we did have correspondence with them and we eventually received the monetry value from them after producing a receipt.

There have been other niggles, that I can't even remember now, and after all these things, I would not expect anything free.

I very much liked & agreed with Florida2012 post. I always say please & Thank You at shops and food points, in this Country or on holiday. My children also say Thank You to the CMs who open the gates at the exit to rides. When we go away, or shopping for that matter, I don't want to constantly be asked if "I'm ok?" or "Is there anything I can help you with?" If I'm not ok, or want help, I'll ask :rotfl:

Sorry, I've gone a tad off topic :scared1:

Well, I have to say that I am quite disappointed by DLP's response to the OP's complaint...seems quite defensive and just outlines what they aim for/what their priorities are...and yes there is an apology - but does not fully address the fact that certain things were noticed (even subjectively) to be lacking throughout the OP's visit. However, I think a free night is optimistic - but yep I totally would ask for something - you don't ask, you don't get. However if I had wanted something I would have put this in my original complaint to them, I would probably just leave it now as they might take another few weeks to respond anyway!

I am so hoping to go to WDW soon just to compare out of interest the whole maintenance/CM issue. Having visited DLP for 21 years (gosh I am getting old!) from a child, I have to say that I have always found the CM interaction to be poor in general, and sure the maintenance of the park isn't fantastic, but they have been operating at a loss for years. I get the sense that instead of the sense of pride people have with working at WDW, there is almost a sense of shame for locals working at DLP, given the bad press it has been given since it started being built, and I oftentimes receive better service in a random Paris cafe than I do at a sit-down restaurant in the resort. Going OT slightly, the most outrageously bad customer service I've had in the resort was just a few years ago after a major issue with my AP - long story short, I complained and managed to get a fastpass for Crush's Coaster for me and my 5 friends. However I was held in a small room in city hall, and two incredibly rude women stood over me barking 'what do you want, what do you want?' and I had to point out that they were being incredibly aggressive, no apology and their hostility was shocking, for any environment.

Obviously this is not representative of DLP's customer service - but it saddens me to say that neither is exceptional customer service. The best interactions I've always found to be on Twilight Zone, Phantom Manor and Pirates, where the magic seems to be truly alive...I hope in another 21 years this will be true across the whole resort regardless of ride, restaurant or role!

Hmmm, I don't think they are embarrassed to ve working there - it really is just down to the culture difference. Even if DLP was in the UK, you wouldn't get the in-your-face WDW style, its just not Europe. Americans are far more like this in everday life, where as we're used to the "what are you after by being nice to me attitude".
To compare the CM's is a bad choice IMHO, it won't give a good impression of DLP. They arent required to be like that in France...
I've yet to visit anywhere (theme park, Castle etc etc) that doesn't have a dirty toilet or too - some areas are high traffic and will always be dirty. If us humans flushed the loos and put paper in a bin when we've finished, half the problems would already be solved.
And what we also have to remember is that not everyone in DLP speaks English and there is every possibility if someone came up to me babbling in a language I didn't understand, and possibly looking cross, I'd more than likely look like I didn't care either :-/

Never had anything but good experiences. In fact, to add to a previous comment of hotels going out of their way to be helpful, when we last stayed at the sequoia lodge we noticed a wet patch on the carpet, the other side of the bathroom wall. We called maintenance and they sent someone up, even though it was 11pm. They found a crack in the bathroom tiles and gave us the option to change rooms but we had a greàt room with an amazing view so said we would put up with it. They could have left it at that and never done anything about it but înstead when we returned from the parks the next day not Only was the wet patch all dried up, but the tiles replaced and resealed. We didn't ask them to do this, nor did we complain to try and get anything for free.

With regards to the parks cleanliness, we were incredibly impressed that the streets and paths got cleaned every morning. And not just swept but actually washed and scrubbed. No complaints here, we even sat on the ground multiple times when there were no seats around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter