I have something positive to say about this week

jknc

people person
The cast members have been incredible. They deserve all the credit right now because the parks / Genie are a complete disaster.

This is by far our worst trip.

When headliner rides don’t function @ rope drop, it throws all planning out the window. Plan for your planning to be thrown out the window.

Rides - Unreliable, making ETPE useless
Food - Worst I’ve ever seen it
Genie Plus - Zero value
Bathrooms - 3rd world gross
Harmonius - No way Chapek ever saw Illuminations and decided it was a worthy replacement
Ratatouille - Quote from my teenager “that ride is terrible”, to which I replied, “compared to Figment it’s not terrible”

I can’t recommend any go to these parks for the experiences they’re delivering right now

Flame me if you want, this is just my humble opinion after many previous visits

The cast members have been incredible. They deserve all the credit right now because the parks / Genie are a complete disaster.

When headliner rides don’t function @ rope drop, it throws all planning out the window. Plan for your planning to be thrown out the window.

Genie Plus - Zero value
Harmonius - No way Chapek ever saw Illuminations and decided it was a worthy replacement
Ratatouille - Quote from my teenager “that ride is terrible”, to which I replied, “compared to Figment it’s not terrible”

I can’t recommend any go to these parks for the experiences they’re delivering right now

I agree with you for the most part. The CMs were polite to a fault and very very helpful. I was on a scooter this time because of a torn ankle tendon. Doc recommended one although I could walk some and transfer without a lot of effort. We used buses Skyline and monorail to get around and all were good especially Skyliner. We had a 2 1/2 year old and liked Ratatouille and Figment. The crowds were horrendous and if not for Genie+ and ILL$ we probably not have rode more tha 3 rides per park. They really need to cap the number of people allowed in, but that won’t happen. Bottom line- not really a magical experience for us older people. Granddaughter loved it. Too much money spent on food and just waiting around and staring at our phones. Not the way I fondly remember. Probably last visit. ☹️

We went this past oct and we enjoyed harmonious. We never usally stood around and enjoyed illuminations from past trips. Just enjoyed it while walking around. Harmonious was nice to find a spot and sit and watch the fireworks. Enchanted was horrible tho. I liked rat better than mmrr. But both not my fav kinda ride.

We also did early morning entry and I can 100% agree with you. We did it a few days than just stopped because at max we got one ride but ended up having to wait the same amount of time anyway due to having to get there so early to be twords the front of the line.

I'm sorry your trip was not ideal op. I am glad to see cm are back to he more friendly and without them policing the masks it will only get better for them.

I loved the extra evening hours at MK. Epcot was a dud.
Fireworks at Epcot were OK, it my daughter kept saying “is it over”
Fireworks at MK were something else. We weren’t planted at the castle, we were trying to get to People Mover and it felt like the fireworks were all around us. I really liked that.
Cast members were definitely awesome. My daughter got brain freeze from a slushee at Satuli one morning and was crying, and a cast member brought us cupcakes. Highlight of the trip. :)

OP,
You had me so excited with the title of your thread! Lol! Oh, well. I was hoping for some better news than what you offered for my upcoming trip in two weeks. Sadly, it looks like the reports are pretty consistent (poor).

Sorry to hear that. Have a short May trip planned. My family will not buy G+. There are some good reports but too many reports of it not being any value. Prefer to take our chances.

I would be mad if I paid all that extra money and rides were breaking down. At least with F+ it was free.

OP,
You had me so excited with the title of your thread! Lol! Oh, well. I was hoping for some better news than what you offered for my upcoming trip in two weeks. Sadly, it looks like the reports are pretty consistent (poor).
Yea, me, too. The title got me because I'm tired of the negative generalizations all the time. Silly me. We were there in December and January, and we had really good trips. Genie+ is not worthless - it might not be for everyone, but it has value. Our food experiences weren't 100% great, but most were quite good. We enjoyed Remy's (did it twice), and we certainly have people in our crew who enjoy Figment every chance they get! In nearly 2 weeks of trip, we had one issue with a ride, and that wasn't a breakdown - it was some stupid kids trying to get out of their Navi boat during the ride, and it shut down the entire ride for 10 minutes.

So for those of you with upcoming trips reading the pretend positive posts, make sure you get all sides and read the actual positive posts out here, too. Disney is far from a perfect experience right now. But it was never a perfect experience.

I sadly agree with most of this. We were there a few weeks ago, our first trip in 4 years, and it wasn't the Disney magic I know and love. Our Hollywood Studios day was rough. Got there at 8am, headed to Rise for 8:30, told it would be down until 9, walked down there anyways, then told they didn't know when it would be up, got in line for Runaway Railway, waited half hour, then told the ride was down, then Slinky was down too. Which then made the waits for ToT and RnR super long!

Waits all around were rough. The fact that they stop the lines so frequently to let in 15 to 20 Lightning Lane people really holds things up!

Bathrooms, agree, were less than desirable. Soap dispensers out, water all over the floor, etc.

And I agree about Remy. We waited 80 minutes for it and the 3D was blurry, and it was just not worth it.

It's not stopping me from returning next month with a friend. It's not like I had these super expectations, it just didn't feel like the Disney trips I had been on in the past.

Genie Plus - Zero value

O.P., you're still on your trip? I would make this recommendation: at early entry or rope drop, take a contrarian approach and go to all the less popular rides. That way, you'll have more to choose from, and probably can knock out 2-3 rides before park opening.

O.P., you're still on your trip? I would make this recommendation: at early entry or rope drop, take a contrarian approach and go to all the less popular rides. That way, you'll have more to choose from, and probably can knock out 2-3 rides before park opening.

yep, still here. I like this idea. Two more mornings of madness.

Genie Plus - Zero value

I truly hope folks going have a magical time.

There’s magic there, I promise you’ll find it. it’s just not as magical as it used to be.

But I guess in life, nothing is as it used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter