I have the PDB's (Post Disney Blues)

joshsmom

DIS Veteran
Tomorrow will be one week since we returned from the World and I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!! I still dream about it at night, I catch myself day dreaming at work. We even went to St. Louis to go to the Disney Store the other day and to my shock and dismay, it was GONE!!! Just another hit to an already sad DISer.

Anyone else experiencing the PDB's???

Totally understand! I've been back for 2 months and i still have the "post Disney blues." ;) However, my family doesn't buy that anymore and just think I'm obsessed. Who knows? Maybe they're right....I had a dream last week that I missed my ADRs. :rotfl:

My solution - planning another trip! :banana:

Well, I said we weren't going next year because we have a BIG trip planned for DS's 8th grade graduation. BUT, I'm rethinking my strategy!!!! I don't think I can wait 1 year, 8 months and 18 days!!!!

I always feel depressed when our WDW trips end! It definitely helps to know you are planning another trip!

We are leaving for WDW this Saturday and feel your pain! My wife tod me today "It comes and goes too fast" She is so right.

We havent even been back for 3 weeks and my brother and his family leaves Sat. So, I know how you feel!

We were not going to go back either, but DH is in Afghanistan, and comes home early next yr, but he told me the other day that he is taking us again for my college graduation(I postponed college for children and military moves)

Anyway, he told me to pick when we go!! I think the end of Sept is good, dont you guys?

Jennifer

Write a trip report! That's what I'm doing, and it's a lot of fun to relive the memories. It's helping keep my post-Disney depression away.

I agree that planning another trip helps...and you don't necessarily have to book a trip, it is just fun to think about where you want to stay and join the thread for that hotel.

another thing that helps me is mouse world radio...you get to listen to a lot of great sounds of the parks

We were on the EB Panama Canal Disney Cruise. Got back on 9/1 and I've been miserable ever since. I'm glad it's not just me! I recently joined DisBoards to help get through it.

Fortunately I have an October trip to look forward to.

I call it DD - Disney Depression.....I have a major case of it (got back last Friday) The only way for me to feel better is booking another trip and well...I'm working on it :-)

Aww I feel you! I cry when we get on the Magical Express to go home LOL!

The only way to cure it is to plan another trip :)

We just got back on Sat. :sad1: I went back to work last night. :sad2: I have been depressed all week. DS wants to go back so bad and keeps saying he wants to go back to Disney and stay!:lovestruc We are trying to get our finances back in order and I need to finish school. DH says we have to wait until I'm done school but at this point it will be another 4 years away!:scared1: I can't wait that long to get back to Disney. Funny thing is, even if I knew it would be 2 years before we go back (which is what I'm pushing for) I would be fine with that and could start looking forward to it. 4 years is too long. DS has been so cuddly and cute this whole week, giving extra big hugs and kisses. I think it's his way of saying thanks! I'm hoping the magic and excitement doesn't wear off and maybe that will just give DH the push I need to say "we'll try to go in 2 years." Of course there's always the alternative..."I'm taking DS with or without you!":rotfl: I know that won't fly too well!

We went in April and I still feel this way! My whole family can't wait to go back!! I think I'm the only one obsessed enough to want to read these boards everyday though. but I'm the planner in our group. I have to plan EVERYTHING. So I did a year worth of research for our first trip and I guess it'll be a little over a year worth for our next trip. We are planning an end of Sept-beginning of Oct 2009 trip. :-)

I am suffering from PDB too. Actually my whole family is. We went in July, after we had cancelled the trip, we quickly booked one and decided to go for a much shorter time than originally planned. It was hectic, tiring, and not long enough. Everyday since we got back Ds3 asks if we are going back that day. And, everyday since we got back Dh says he can't wait to go back. I'm hoping we make it back this Christmas. I miss it everyday.

Tomorrow will be one week since we returned from the World and I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT!!! I still dream about it at night, I catch myself day dreaming at work. We even went to St. Louis to go to the Disney Store the other day and to my shock and dismay, it was GONE!!! Just another hit to an already sad DISer.

Anyone else experiencing the PDB's???
We call it the WDWCHDD's or the Walt Disney World Coming Home Depression. It has been just 2 weeks for us and yes...we still feel a touch of the syndrome. It helps me to take up the time going through all of the photos, making videos to share, posting on our personal blog and uploading all of the photos to share sites. That tends to get me through the first few weeks and then it is time to start planning the next trip. :)

Just so you all know, this is a REAL problem. If you check on the urban dictionary, Post Disney Depression is listed and you know that everything you read online is true. :rotfl2:

Anyway, we got back on the 14th and I'm slowly warming my dh up to the idea of going back next year, but how can I wait an entire year?? I guess I'll just have to continue my ocd planning to get by! pirate:

Just so you all know, this is a REAL problem. If you check on the urban dictionary, Post Disney Depression is listed and you know that everything you read online is true. :rotfl2:

Anyway, we got back on the 14th and I'm slowly warming my dh up to the idea of going back next year, but how can I wait an entire year?? I guess I'll just have to continue my ocd planning to get by! pirate:

If he gives you the :thumbsup2 to go "next year" you could book something in January as technically that is next year and you will only have to wait a few months!

I've been home just a couple of days and I know how you feel. :sad1: The let down after the trip is done is the worst! But I already booked for next year and I still have to go through all my pictures so I have something to keep my disney spirits up.

came home last night - have a trip booked Dec 4-16 which is only another 10wks

However I have to get back down before then so I booked a return trip in 5 wks! :banana: :banana: Ahhh gotta love Florida

then I'll only have another 4wks to wait till Dec :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter