• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I have to share my huge budget find :)

Dr.Girlfriend

DIS Veteran
I like going to Goodwill and looking for old frames, lanterns, books and more. I usually go once a week at lunch to wander around and lately have been finding a LOT of brand new Target stuff marked down to $1 or less (frames, kid's bedding in the original package never opened, etc.). Well today I nearly had a heart attack right there in the middle of the store....because I saw this:

511l8w0f9ZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

That would be a Britax Roundabout, and those babies are usually in the $200 range.

And it was still sealed in a never opened box.

Seat still sealed in the original factory PLASTIC.

I had someone open it up and check it out...everything was there.

NEVER USED. NOTHING WRONG!

I walked out with it at $45.

Sometimes, it pays to be frugal! :) HOT DIGGITY DOG!

Apparently it was "Target Surplus". A lot of the Goodwills in our area are getting a ton of surplus from them for some reason.

I've seen lots of Target tagged items at my Goodwill lately on the clothing racks and picked up a few fun items at a steal. Great job on the car seat! :thumbsup2

Our Goodwill has Target stuff also. I got my dd a little tikes bouncer new in the box (but the box had been through the wringer!) for $45 - it is usually between $200 and $250....sometimes you just get lucky!

I gave two britax car seat away when I was done with them. One girl at work happily snatched one up when I offered. The other I actually had a hard time finding someone who wanted it for free. I finely gave it to another girl I worked with (she was a grandma). This week she mentioned she heard about this great car seat that was recommended for safety reasons. She said it wrong, I shared the right way and said that is the car seat I gave you and then she was more pleased with her freebie.

Our Goodwill often has Target items. They will actually leave the Target price tag on it and price the item higher than the Target clearance price! :laughing:
No bargains at our Goodwill!
Another thing they do - kids clothes are $1.50/piece BUT they consider anything over a kids size 10 an adult piece of clothing and charge $3.50/piece.
:confused3

Awesome! Is the date good?

About a year ago I found a britax marathon on clearance at the px for $25. This particular px is really small and they don't carry them, it was a catalog return with a bad box. They had no clue what they had, that's for sure! I snatched it up.

looks like im going to have to check out my goodwill! they usally have nothing good, hardly and baby clothes. but couldnt hurt to go check it out! thats an awesome find!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter