I have to stop listening to the podcast...

sconnell

DIS Veteran
I seriously might have to stop listening to the podcast until after March of 2009. :( I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted to go on the cruise, but it's just not in the budget. And I'm SOOOO upset about not going. Not only have I been wanting to do a Disney Cruise, but with my dis "family," how much fun would that be?!!
Maybe it's because I'm a little down already, missing my dad who died 2 years ago this time, but everytime the cruise is mentioned on the show it just makes me sad...:guilty:
Of course, I'm not really going to stop listening, I'm too addicted, but sheesh, it's hard...:headache: Oh, wait, we're on to a new topic... Mmmm, that sounds yummy!:rolleyes1

:hug:

I'll join you on the "not going on a cruise and sulking" train. :goodvibes

You know, I have always stayed away from Disney cruises because I felt they were so much higher than any other cruise line...however, we've gone on several different ships/itineraries since our one and only DCL cruise almost 10 years ago and I always found myself doing a comparison and none of the other cruise lines has ever even come close. So, I decided to find a way to make this work with our budget. Having close to 16 mos. to pay for it helps a lot (and the 0% interest for 6 mos. w/Disney Visa will come in handy too!).

I hope you can find some way to join us, but if you can't that's okay too as it means you're being financially responsible, which you will benefit from more in the long run. And, if this cruise works out I feel almost certain that it could become an annual event. :thumbsup2

I hope you can find some way to join us, but if you can't that's okay too as it means you're being financially responsible, which you will benefit from more in the long run. And, if this cruise works out I feel almost certain that it could become an annual event. :thumbsup2
Well, we are going to WDW in Sept of this year and that's going to cost the same as the cruise would for us. I would just switch to the cruise, but we are meeting friends and it's a 7 night trip! (not just 4 nights) So... Man, I really hope that there's a 2010 cruise, but it won't be the first one...

Sconnell

Calypso makes some great points; especially about the 16 months to save. You never know what can happen in 16 months. Life changes, sometimes very quickly. What may seem unattainable today, might be within your grasp in the near future.

I have a strong feeling the 2009 cruise will be a great success and the 2010 cruise will be a must. Who knows, maybe on one of the new cruise ships! Wouldn't that be a blast.

I'm going to put in for a quote in a week or two after I get my bonus! If it's a good price (as I'm sure it will be), I might just go ahead and book it. But, there's a good chance that it might be more than I'm willing to spend and with the way the economy is going, blah blah blah, I might just take a pass.

I'm sure that this DIS Cruise will be an amazing success and will be repeated, possibly on one of the new ships that will be coming out in 2011.

Well, in our long range vacation plans, we were thinking about a 2010 DC with our friends that we vacation with every even year. So, I'll have to resolve myself to that. Maybe we can save enough for that!:cutie:

While the Podcast cruise would be cool I think that Pete and the gang have a whole range of other things that will keep us all entertain :goodvibes

I am trying everything to go! I even kept my part time job to save the money so I can go!

But I did put in for a quote AND then I got my 2DS letter for school next year and I have to pay that instead of my deposit. If only they would of waited a few days I would of payed that first....:confused3 OK I would of......but I love their school and that is important right?

It is PATHETIC I have to even think about it isn't it? Bad mom here!! :scared1:

Disney Pod Cruise or 2DS registration for school next year? Darn school, the only time they are early is when it is about money!

It is PATHETIC I have to even think about it isn't it? Bad mom here!! :scared1:

You're not a bad Mommy. Sometimes the evil side sneaks out of all of us. Why just today I wanted to smack somebody. I would never do that now, would I? :rolleyes:

It's driving me mad, too, guys. I've always wanted to cruise, and after the podcast meet this past December, I just know it'd be a blast. But there is just no way (unless I hit the lottery...and they say you have to buy tickets for that to happen!) I can afford this sort of a trip...not with 2 kids in college, and me out of work. I know, I probably will find a job by then, but I just have to suck it up and say it's not likely to happen. Oh well, I'll be thinking of you all...

Well, definitely don't stop listening! Just make sure you submit lots of emails and voicemails and are on the mailing list, etc. Pete said he's got a bunch of staterooms to give away, so you never know!!

Well, definitely don't stop listening! Just make sure you submit lots of emails and voicemails and are on the mailing list, etc. Pete said he's got a bunch of staterooms to give away, so you never know!!

The way our budget is right now that's probably the only way we can go. I went so far as to request a quote but there is no way we can swing that amount.:scared1: .....unless something wonderful happens between now and then.:confused3

I have to chime in too...I'm a teacher so there is no way I can make May 10:guilty: . So sad!

You're not a bad Mommy. Sometimes the evil side sneaks out of all of us. Why just today I wanted to smack somebody. I would never do that now, would I? :rolleyes:

:scared1: guess wanting to and doing are differnte!

It's driving me mad, too, guys. I've always wanted to cruise, and after the podcast meet this past December, I just know it'd be a blast. But there is just no way (unless I hit the lottery...and they say you have to buy tickets for that to happen!) I can afford this sort of a trip...not with 2 kids in college, and me out of work. I know, I probably will find a job by then, but I just have to suck it up and say it's not likely to happen. Oh well, I'll be thinking of you all...

:hug: pixiedust: Oh Ursuala you were meant for the sea! I am sure you can figure it.....what is college but a piece of paper?!

I am holding on to my hopes that we can go. I did put in my contract for next year I needed to take off in May. :rolleyes1 optimistic and faith.

I am sure I can penny pinch the cruise. It is the deposit I am stressing over! I don't want it to sell out before I can save the money. (darn school/collegel dedorant and necities again)

But I will not stop listening it just makes me more frugal and determined.

But I did start taking a Dave Ramsey class again.....(second time through)

Mine looks like this

Baby step one- pay school deposit
Baby step two - save $800 for cruise deposit
Baby step three - save for iphone
Baby step four - save for week long disney trip in Dec (hey I cut down from 2 because of the cruise!)
Baby step five - $1000 savings.....

:rolleyes1

I'm right there with you guys! :sad1:

I was on the computer as soon as I got home last week to get a quote. I told DH about it, and he really didn't even want to discuss it. He just asked how exactly I planned to come up with another $3000 at least. We have a family trip planned for January 2009, and we just can't make the turnaround. One of the big expenses for us is kenneling our animals. That's an automatic $400 on top of whatever vacation plans we make.

I think I'll probably still listen though. But like you sconnell, I get kinda sad everytime they talk about it.

I'm holding out for 2010!!

I'm right there on that train with you guys!! I'm dying to go, but we have so many "ifs" in our lives right now that I just can't plan that far ahead. I did request a quote, but can't swing the deposit right now.

But that's not going to stop me from hoping that I win a cabin!! What a lucky break that would be...I always say...if it's meant to be, it'll happen. So if i'm meant to go on this cruise, the stars and planets will align just right and i'll be granted my wish! If not...then I guess there's some other reason that I'm not supposed to be there! (let's hope that reason is China calling with our referral...not likely to happen then, but I can always hope!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter