I have to wait HOW LONG to go back to Disney?!!!!

OK. I think I am finally done with my autograph book (or as my husband refers to it "that d**m thing you're always working on)! :cool1:

Yes, I know more characters may start making appearances at the parks.

Yes, I know DD will not be able to find all the characters she has pages for.

Yes, I know there are characters I have left out. Hopefully I will have enough generic pages.

But...I have spent way too much time working on it and at some point I need to just call it "done" so I can get it printed and back in plenty of time before the trip. I decided to use Artcow because they are cheaper. I have ordered other books from them before and they are decent quality. But I have also gotten prints before that were messed up (big white lines going through them) so I want to get the book with enough time to have it reprinted if necessary.

The problem with Artscow is that they have a 61 page book and an 81 page book and nothing in between. I got DDs down to 70 pages so I either had to make 11 more or cut 9. Of course, I couldn't make a decision so I did the unthinkable and consulted DH. It worked out great. :thumbsup2 He just flipped through the pages, looked at each for about 10 seconds and gave a decisive "Yes" or "No". I guess it's easier to "cut" a page when you are not the one who spent hours working on it. :confused3:rotfl2:

So here is DDs final autograph book. I should get it in about two weeks and I'll post photos then
Cover:

:welcome: and thank you.

I hope you have a wonderful trip too. Are you going to visit any parks while you stay at AKV? Will the Harry Potter world be open when you are at Universal?

Yes, we're going to Epcot thanks to our GAD tickets and we've got our fingers and toes crossed that Harry Potter will be open as that's the reason we originally planned this trip.

I love your autograph pages!!! What sort of paper will they print it on? Will it be matte photo paper or just regular paper? Your DD is going to have so much fun meeting so many characters!

Your book is going to be so awesome!!! I would be beside myself waiting on the finished product to come in!!!

Thanks! I'm excited and just hope it looks OK in print.

Yes, we're going to Epcot thanks to our GAD tickets and we've got our fingers and toes crossed that Harry Potter will be open as that's the reason we originally planned this trip.

Sounds great! From what I've heard, it should be open.

I love your autograph pages!!! What sort of paper will they print it on? Will it be matte photo paper or just regular paper? Your DD is going to have so much fun meeting so many characters!

Both and neither. :) That's helpful right. The paper is more smooth than card stock but not super glossy and slick like photo paper. It's a little thinner than photo paper too. I don't think the characters will be able to use a pen to sign so I'm going to bring some sharpies. :thumbsup2

:wave2: Hello everyone. I've been super busy with work and spring sports but I'm still dreaming about Disney. :cloud9:

I do have a few random questions for you Disney experts:

1. If I order tickets from undercover tourist, is it possible to add a day while at Disney? :confused3 And when do you guys think I should order our tickets?

2. Which is better Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express? Or should I try to get an ADR at Rainforest Cafe or the dino resturant (sorry, don't know the name)? Do we even need to make a ressie to eat there mid-afternoon?

3. Has anyone ever driven to the TTC and then rode the monorail to EPCOT instead of just driving and parking at EPCOT? And the obvious question, how silly would this be?:rolleyes1

4. On the EPCOT map is Innoventions East the one closest to Soarin' or MS?

5. What did Snow White say when she dropped off her film to be developed? Answer: Someday my prints will come. :lmao:

6. How much friggin longer do I have to wait for this trip?!

Have a good weekend. :goodvibes

3. Has anyone ever driven to the TTC and then rode the monorail to EPCOT instead of just driving and parking at EPCOT? And the obvious question, how silly would this be?:rolleyes1

5. What did Snow White say when she dropped off her film to be developed? Answer: Someday my prints will come. :lmao:

Hey, girl -- I'll answer #6 right away: AS LONG AS I DO!! :lmao:

As for #3: We did that before when we knew we'd go other places -- it just made more sense to be more centrally located when we had park hoppers and/or wanted to go other places than Epcot.

...and :laughing: @ #5!!

EP for us is two days. We just love both FW and WS. I think it is incredibly tough to do it in one day but that depends on the family and what you like to look at/do. The good thing about the park, especially in WS--there are lots of places to sit and cool down. You can take the boat across the lagoon so you do not have to walk the whole thing. I definitely think beginning to walk is a great idea. We are going to start DD next week. Once every few weeks we plan on walking to our favorite ice cream parlor for a special treat. It is about a mile each way so that will be a nice walk for us! :thumbsup2: I think the thing would be to build up endurance and consistency. Everyone is bound to be sore the first few days/weeks of it.

LOVE :love: the autograph book!! What size are you having it printed it up? Did you make up all the pages yourself?

We did it last time and it made sense for us since we were hoping from Epcot to Magic Kingdom in the middle of the day. :) I am not sure if it was silly or not but it worked for us. :confused3

Hey, girl -- I'll answer #6 right away: AS LONG AS I DO!! :lmao:

As for #3: We did that before when we knew we'd go other places -- it just made more sense to be more centrally located when we had park hoppers and/or wanted to go other places than Epcot.

...and :laughing: @ #5!!

:lmao:

Once we get to the TTA, does it take about 30 mins to get to EPCOT?:confused3

EP for us is two days. We just love both FW and WS. I think it is incredibly tough to do it in one day but that depends on the family and what you like to look at/do. The good thing about the park, especially in WS--there are lots of places to sit and cool down. You can take the boat across the lagoon so you do not have to walk the whole thing. I definitely think beginning to walk is a great idea. We are going to start DD next week. Once every few weeks we plan on walking to our favorite ice cream parlor for a special treat. It is about a mile each way so that will be a nice walk for us! :thumbsup2: I think the thing would be to build up endurance and consistency. Everyone is bound to be sore the first few days/weeks of it.

LOVE :love: the autograph book!! What size are you having it printed it up? Did you make up all the pages yourself?

The walk to the ice cream shop is a good idea. I've been walking a bit on my lunch break at work and I can tell a difference. I don't worry about DH. He has a very physical job so Disney will be a break for him. :thumbsup

EPCOT is usually a two day park for us too. But it seems like we have a really short list of must do attractions this trip: Soarin', Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, and stalk (I mean hunt for) characters in the WS.

Yes, I made all the pages myself. The book will be 8x8. Hopefully that won't be too big. I should get it this week and I'll post photos. :cool1:

We did it last time and it made sense for us since we were hoping from Epcot to Magic Kingdom in the middle of the day. :) I am not sure if it was silly or not but it worked for us. :confused3

I just want to do it because I think it would be fun to ride the monorail. :rolleyes1

I have sad news today. Our trusty stroller is no more. :sad2:

My husband is handy and can usually fix anything with some duct tape but unfortunately our stroller was too far gone.

She's been a good stroller and in our time of grief I don't want to focus on our loss but instead remember all the good times with her. R.I.P. stroller. Cue the Celion Dion music.

DD's first walk after getting out of the hospital.

MVC-102F.jpg

Our first Disney trip.

Picture183.jpg

Picture618.jpg

Our second trip.

Picture260.jpg

Two kids in the stroller is what probably finished her off. ;)

Picture391.jpg

At least she died a peaceful death in the back of the hall closet surrounded by Christmas decorations and all the customized maps I keep ordering from Disney.

So sorry about your stroller. I understand how difficult it can be to find one you really love. Does this mean there is a shopping trip in your future?

So sorry about your stroller. I understand how difficult it can be to find one you really love. Does this mean there is a shopping trip in your future?

:thumbsup2 It doesn't make sense to buy a new one though. I'm going to check yard sales and second hand stores.

:wave2: Hello everyone. I've been super busy with work and spring sports but I'm still dreaming about Disney. :cloud9:

I do have a few random questions for you Disney experts:

1. If I order tickets from undercover tourist, is it possible to add a day while at Disney? :confused3 And when do you guys think I should order our tickets?

2. Which is better Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express? Or should I try to get an ADR at Rainforest Cafe or the dino resturant (sorry, don't know the name)? Do we even need to make a ressie to eat there mid-afternoon?

4. On the EPCOT map is Innoventions East the one closest to Soarin' or MS?

I can't help you with #1. #2, we ate at T-Rex and it is fun! I hope to have an answer on EOS or WPE on this trip, but who knows!?! :confused3 Also no help on #s 3 and 4 but my daughter has had a blast with #5! :banana:

And #6....it is getting closer!!! :banana::cool1::woohoo::dance3::yay:

We just finished soccer this weekend so now I am really on my countdown!! Soccer is one big hurdle to get over!!

Um....where have I been? Missing out, I guess! :laughing:

First off, your beach pictures are beautiful! You really captured some special times.

I don't think it would be silly to park at the TTC and take the Monorail to Epcot. Isn't that the line that takes you on a Mini-tour of Epcot on your way in? Love that part!

I'm no help on the DTD dining, though. I love all those places! We normally eat at Earl of Sandwich on our arrival day, then Wolfgang Puck's on our departure day. We have Rainforest Cafe numerous times and did T-Rex last year. It was great! They are all great, though, so at least you won't go wrong....:goodvibes

Great job on the monstrous autograph book....it might be big, but it will be full of autographs and special memories made even more special because you made it yourself.

And I'm sorry to hear about your stroller. It had a long and fulfilling life, though, it seems. :goodvibes

Once we get to the TTA, does it take about 30 mins to get to EPCOT?

Once you get on the monorail, it takes 17 minutes to get to Epcot.

I just want to do it because I think it would be fun to ride the monorail.

Sounds like a perfect reason to me!

I can't help you with #1. #2, we ate at T-Rex and it is fun! I hope to have an answer on EOS or WPE on this trip, but who knows!?! :confused3 Also no help on #s 3 and 4 but my daughter has had a blast with #5! :banana:

And #6....it is getting closer!!! :banana::cool1::woohoo::dance3::yay:

We just finished soccer this weekend so now I am really on my countdown!! Soccer is one big hurdle to get over!!

Thanks for the info. I think DD would like T-Rex the best but it's not the most affordable option. :rolleyes1

T-ball is finished in two weeks! :cool1: Then I only have Disney to focus on. :cool1:

I don't think it would be silly to park at the TTC and take the Monorail to Epcot. Isn't that the line that takes you on a Mini-tour of Epcot on your way in? Love that part!
Yes! And we've never done it before. DD loves the monorail. :lovestruc

I'm no help on the DTD dining, though. I love all those places! We normally eat at Earl of Sandwich on our arrival day, then Wolfgang Puck's on our departure day. We have Rainforest Cafe numerous times and did T-Rex last year. It was great! They are all great, though, so at least you won't go wrong....:goodvibes
Actually, you are very helpful. It sounds like any of them will work. I'm thinking we will just wait to see how we feel that day.

Once you get on the monorail, it takes 17 minutes to get to Epcot.

Thanks! We might just go for it. Did you bring a stopwatch on your last trip or is that info out there somewhere? I was just curious how long it takes to get from the TTC to MK.

I got DD's autograph book today. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Here's a few photos I took with my phone:

b779de64.jpg

4826d698.jpg

14559b89.jpg

ce13c768.jpg

I think DD is going to like it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter