I highly recommend keeping your trip a secret (Youtube link added)

Too sweet...love the "you're in trouble/what did we do" body language that evolved into excitement as DS read the letter.

Loved it! So awesome!

We're going the Monday after Easter and hoping to keep it a surprise until that morning when we wake them up at 4 a.m. We have DS11, DD8 and DD6. We've been a few times, so we thought it might be fun to surprise them.

In 2007, I surprised my youngest (then 11) with a quickie 4 day trip. He never saw it coming, as we had just gotten back in September from 12 days.

I asked him if he would come with me to pick my boss up at the airport, and if he did, I'd take him for breakfast afterwards (what is it with kids and breakfast? :lmao: )

So, we got there at 4am and parked in the lot. I had all the stuff packed, in the trunk. Then I made sure my camera was on the right setting (told him I was joking with my boss I was going to take her picture since it was such an early flight - gullible kids. LOL! ) And then I handed him the reservation.

'SERIOUS????" He asked. Like "Dont be messing with me, about something as serious as this!" - Youre not playing?? ( I have a tendency to tease for my own enjoyment ;) )

I said 'Nope - we gotta go, we got a plane to catch....and leave your coat, we dont need it"

He then asked "What about my clothes?" :rotfl: I told him they were all packed in the trunk. I asked him later - what if I would have said 'I didnt bring any"?? He said he wouldnt have cared. :rotfl2:

And ran (in single digit temps!) to the shuttle that takes you over to the terminal. :lmao:

It was awesome!

I agree - every should do it once. Your video was fantastic!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

We are going to disney with kids ages 11, 8, 5, 4, and 2 the monday they are supposed to go back to school after february vacation week and for the 11 year olds and the 8 year old we are going to have them get all ready for school, stand out at the bus stop and last minute call them back and be like wait we forgot we have something to tell you.... WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD.... We are leaving in 2 hours!!!!

I can only hope they will be as excited as your kids!!!

That is too cool! I love how your son exploded with excitement! Thank you for sharing!!! :goodvibes

That's a great video! I love that you have that moment captured on tape.

I always tell me family, feel free to surprise ME with a trip to WDW!:rotfl2:

That was so cute! I have seen a few surprises caught on video but that was great...they looked so nervous! Wait, you're not going to the Gone with the Wind thing? Is that what he said?

Anyway, we still have a long time before we can enjoy surprising our DS, but we already have it in the works. I am a teacher adn can never take time off outside of school breaks. I've always wanted to see WDW decorated at Christmas time and in 6 years, my break will be extra long due to the day that Christmas falls. Our plan is to have my son open gifts on Christmas morning and his last one to be that we are going to Disneyworld! Now, there is plenty of time to plan the details but, that's our plan...and I plan to have it all on tape to share!

Thanks for the late night smiles!

These are such special moments! We did it with our granddaughter when she as 7. She slept over that nite and about 6:00 a.m., her mother, myself, my husband and my other daughter all put on our sunglasses and proceeded to stand above her and wake her up! When she did, we all yelled 'we're going to Dw'! She says 'right now?' and we replied YES!!!! (I think there was a double flip in the bed!). We were all ready and packed. Got her dressed and out we went!!!! I imagine she waits for that day to come again! :rotfl2: Maybe we'll try it again when we go in November! :thumbsup2

I started crying. We are keeping our next trip a secret for our youngest 2--it's their Christmas present. I'd been rethinking that, but I think this is reminding me why I want to do it.

Wait, you're not going to the Gone with the Wind thing? Is that what he said?

Yeah, in order to keep the secret, I had to tell him a little white lie. He was in the middle of youth football season, and was going to have to miss a game. The trip was planned long before he decided to play. But I couldn't tell him the REAL reason he would have to miss the game. So I made up a cover story that we (the kids and I) were going to surprise my wife with a trip to Atlanta to a big Gone With the Wind festival in Atlanta. There isn't really a festival that I know of, but DW loves GWTW - so the story seemed plausible to my DS. That's why both kids keep saying something about going to Atlanta.

Yeah, in order to keep the secret, I had to tell him a little white lie. He was in the middle of youth football season, and was going to have to miss a game. The trip was planned long before he decided to play. But I couldn't tell him the REAL reason he would have to miss the game. So I made up a cover story that we (the kids and I) were going to surprise my wife with a trip to Atlanta to a big Gone With the Wind festival in Atlanta. There isn't really a festival that I know of, but DW loves GWTW - so the story seemed plausible to my DS. That's why both kids keep saying something about going to Atlanta.

:rotfl2: OMG! That is too funny!!!!

aww! Thats great!! :) I recommend keeping it a secret too. We surprised our daughters for our November trip, it was PRICELESS!

That's fanastic!!! We are keeping a trip secret for my son too. Can't wait to see his reaction! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter