I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

it is suppose to 96 today and reaching over 100 by the weekend.
we do hit close to 100 occasionally in July but it's rare and people hate because it feels too hot to go outside. the humidity is terrible but still nothing like Florida in summer!

Oh what a beauty she is!

Today was a Magic Kingdom day! We walked through the building and towards the Cabanas bus stop and there were probably a dozen or so guests already there. The bus came about thirty minutes later which made us realize why there were so few guests at the stop when we arrived. We figured that another bus had just left.

We were dropped off at the Coronado Springs bus stop at the Magic Kingdom which was kind of unusual because many times, the drivers will be rerouted and will drop guests off at another resort stop. We sent through security and were soon tapping our Magic Bands at the tapstiles. Ahhh, Magic Kingdom, how I love you!

As we walked under the train station, we saw a cast member park one of the small park vehicles near the sideway and we joked that he was coming to pick us up. He overheard us and said to hop in. He gave us a personal ride down Main Street USA! In all of our trips to Disney, this was a first for us.

He dropped us off right beside the castle and we thanked him profusely. What a fun way to start the day! Oh what a beauty she is!

IMG_3540.JPEG

IMG_3541.JPEG

We wanted to start in Fantasyland today and work our way around the park as we saw the wait times.

IMG_3542.JPEG

IMG_3543.JPEG

IMG_3544.JPEG

First up would be Under the Sea with Ariel. There was no one behind us as we were about to enter the indoor part of the queue so I stopped to take a selfie of the two of us. I wish that we had taken our masks off for the picture since we weren't inside yet.

IMG_3546.JPEG

I don't know why I think I can take pictures inside the attraction but I always try.

IMG_3548.JPEG

Continued in next post

Loving your report and all the pictures :) I was starving when I started reading your post about the beaches and cream food, I just wanted to grab a bit through the screen :laughing:

We saw Disney once all decorated for xmas and I really hope to get to see that again one day. Constant xmas music all the time in November can be a bit much but I guess it does match the decor! ;)

I laughed when I saw your pool pictures with no one in it, I though this canadian would have been in that pool for sure! Been there done that many times. The lifeguard on the DCL cruise we took a few years ago thought we were completely nuts but we didn't care, we had the aquaduck to ourselves and made the most of it for sure.

Loving your report and all the pictures :) I was starving when I started reading your post about the beaches and cream food, I just wanted to grab a bit through the screen :laughing:
Thank you! Some hink it is weird that I take pictures of food but it does help to have them when I write my reports. And, I can share them with clients who ask fof recommendations.
We saw Disney once all decorated for xmas and I really hope to get to see that again one day. Constant xmas music all the time in November can be a bit much but I guess it does match the decor! ;)
I like Christmastime but it is even more special at Disney.
I laughed when I saw your pool pictures with no one in it, I though this canadian would have been in that pool for sure! Been there done that many times. The lifeguard on the DCL cruise we took a few years ago thought we were completely nuts but we didn't care, we had the aquaduck to ourselves and made the most of it for sure.
Oh wow! Having the AquaDuck to yourself had to be a real treat. When we sailed, it was always busy.
I'm still here living vicariously through you haha

Thanks for letting me know! I sometimes wonder if I'm writing only for myself.

I'm feelin' a rumblin' in my tummy!

After a bouncy pouncy time on the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, we walked over to the other side of Fantasyland. We were lucky enough to see that we could walk right into Mickey's Philarmagic. We put on our masks and went straight into the holding area. Look we were all alone.

IMG_3562.JPEG

IMG_3563.JPEG

As always, we enjoyed the show and loved the addition of the Coco scene. I've watched Coco more times than I can count and, each time, John gets tired of hearing me sing the songs over and over again. It might would help if I had a decent singing voice but I don't. I mean, y'all saw the half lip syncing/half real singing video we made on our way to Disney.

We were both starting to get hungry so we made our way to Frontierland and towards one of our favorite counter service restaurants, Pecos Bills.

IMG_3564.JPEG
I used mobile ordering via the My Disney Experience app and was quite pleased that it didn't take long for us to receive the notification that our food was ready. We found a small table outside and sat down to eat our lunch.

IMG_3565.JPEG

IMG_3566.JPEG

In addition to our entrees, we also ordered a small guacamole. Y'all, the food was good, fresh and hit the empty spot in our stomachs. While we were eating, we were also discussing what attraction we would take in next. We decided to visit the Tiki birds. Again, we arrived right before show time.

IMG_3567.JPEG

IMG_3569.JPEG

Pre-show done, we were let into the theater where we chose one of the benches in the back, sat back and enjoyed the show. **Tip: Watch the birds' chests when they are singing. You'll see that their chests move. You can thank Walt Disney himself for that. During testing, he noticed that the chests were moving and he sent the Imagineers back to the drawing board to figure out how to make them look like they were really singing.

IMG_3571.JPEG

IMG_3572.JPEG

**Continued in next post...too many pictures.

Last edited:
I'm feelin' a rumblin' in my tummy! continued

These Tiki gods were right behind us and, after the show, I stopped to take a close up.

IMG_3575.JPEG

IMG_3577.JPEG

I had a client/friend who was looking for popcorn buckets to add to her collection and I would stop and take pictures of almost all of them that I could find. I shot her a text with this picture:

IMG_3578.JPEG

**Up next: Wooooo weeeee! It's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Last edited:
I'm here! Enjoying being along for the ride :surfweb: Your salads at Pecos Bills look delicious!

You know I'm here, but I get behind. I can't believe you had your own personal ride down Main Street! How awesome!

Were you the only 2 watching Philharmagic? There was seriously not one other person in that line. Great low crowds that day!

I know you have your reasons, but I will never understand why you take the busses when you have your car at your disposal. We will NEVER take the busses again. Every experience we've ever had with them has been a thumbs down.

You know I'm here, but I get behind. I can't believe you had your own personal ride down Main Street! How awesome!

Wasn't that cool?! It was a first time for us.
Were you the only 2 watching Philharmagic? There was seriously not one other person in that line. Great low crowds that day!

We couldn't believe that we were the first ones in the holding area. Even before the show started, it wasn't busy...maybe half full.
I know you have your reasons, but I will never understand why you take the busses when you have your car at your disposal. We will NEVER take the busses again. Every experience we've ever had with them has been a thumbs down.
We hate driving at Disney! Every time we have tried driving to the parks, it seems to take longer. The last time we drove to Animal Kingdom, it took us forever to get through the line to even park. I ended up having to tinkle so bad that I left John and took off to the bathroom as soon as I could. LOL
Tiki Room is my FAVORITE!!! Love your pics, blurry or not!
I love it too! Of course, I don't think there's a Disney attraction that I don't like.

Wooooo weeeee! It's the wildest ride in the wilderness!

Since we were in Frontierland, we looked at the wait time for Big Thunder Mountain.
IMG_3579.JPEG

It wasn't prohibitively long, so in the line we went. The picture above was taken at 1:19 p.m. and the one below was taken at 1:31 p.m. That's not bad at all!

IMG_3580.JPEG
We were in the front seat! Which is great for zipping up and down hills but not so great when trying to take pictures ahead.
IMG_3583.JPEG

IMG_3586.JPEG

IMG_3587.JPEG

IMG_3588.JPEG

But from the side, I could take pictures of the mountain.
IMG_3590.JPEG

IMG_3591.JPEG

As always, the ride was great! Both of us were ready for a snack/dessert and, well, you probably know where this is headed. Dole Whip time or was it? Instead of ordering two treats, we decided to share.

IMG_3592.JPEG

**Continued in next post

Wooooo weeeee! It's the wildest ride in the wilderness! continued

I received a notification that our order was ready and I walked to the stand to find the pick up line that I needed to get in.

IMG_3594.PNG

IMG_3593.JPEG

There were three or four people in front of me but I soon had our treat in hand and we started searching for a place to sit and eat. We had decided on the citrus Dole Whip that came with a cute little cake pop.
IMG_3595.JPEG

We had an event to attend that evening so started making our way to the front of the park. The door to the fire station was open and we walked in to take a look:

IMG_3597.JPEG

Outside the park, we stopped to take a few pictures and another guest was nice and took our picture.IMG_3598.JPEG

**Up next: HO HO HO, to the party we go!

Love BTMRR! Glad it wasn't a long wait. Your treat looks really good - refreshing. I didn't know you could go inside the fire station? Interesting. Christmas party - how fun! Hope you got some rest - it will probably be a late night for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter