• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Before I start this next update, I wanted to apologize for the long absence but we had a family emergency that kept me away. Mama recently rolled off her bed and busted her head open. If that were all, it might be okay. But, she didn't remember doing it and she had cleaned it up using some clothes on the end of her bed and going back to bed. She slept all day and didn't take a single dose of her medicine. She was all alone until I called her and told her that I was walking over with her supper. She wouldn't answer my phone calls and I started worrying more and more. I went over and beat on her walls and door and was pretty much screaming at the top of my lungs. She finally called out and said she had fallen. John ripped her screen door latch off and we went in to find her on her living room floor. This was around 6:15 p.m. and I hadn't spoken to her since 7:30 that morning. Bless her heart, she was sitting in the living room floor in just her shirt and underwear. At that time, I didn't even see the big cut on her head. I just saw stuff on her shirt and thought she had spilled a bowl of soup or something on her. It wasn't until John and I got her off the floor and into her recliner that I saw it. We got her dressed, cleaned up and bandaged up. The wound was not bleeding at all and had already started to close up some. She refused to go to the hospital and I told her that I was calling my sisters on speaker and we would come to a mutual decision. Because we live next to her and I could check on her every hour, we honored her request not to go to the hospital.

I've been on edge ever since and check in with her several times a day. She didn't remember what happened until four days later when Hunter asked her and she immediately replied that she fell off the bed and hit it on the nightstand. That she finally remembered what happened gave me some sort of peace simply because she remembered and wasn't "foggy" anymore.

Anyway, that's the family emergency and you probably didn't want to hear all that but I felt the need to explain why I have been gone. Let's move on to some good stuff....

Gooooooorilla time!

Given that the Gorilla Falls pathway is near the exit of Kilimanjaro Safari, we naturally went to the right and entered Gorilla Falls,View attachment 702414

The meerkats were out and about, peeking through holes, chasing one another and being mischevious meerkats. We watched their antics for a while and listened to a cast member telling guests about the meerkats.

View attachment 702416

View attachment 702417

View attachment 702418

View attachment 702420

After a while, we continued on down the trail and saw the stars of the show...the gorillas!

View attachment 702421

View attachment 702422

View attachment 702423

Continued in next post

I hope Mama is continuing to improve.

This is an excellent read! I love the great detail. The Christmas party was the night of our trip last year, and what a way to cap it all off! Looking forward to the rest, and I hope your mom and family is doing well.

I'm so sorry to hear about Mama, how scary & sad to imagine her feeling so helpless on the floor :( I'm glad she is on the mend and that you live so close that you can be there for her! What a blessing!

So scary for Mama and glad she's ok. I think you should get her an alert button. We got my Dad one when he was 88. He was falling and couldn't get himself back up. I think it was only about $20 a month. Worth it for peace of mind. It's nice because they call you first and you can go check on her without sending an ambulance. We also had a friend as the second person to call. Only if they can't reach you will they send someone out for a welfare check.

Enjoying your trip report. We aren't going this year. We went with family and we were so busy that it really tired us out. I don't really feel the urge to go back like usual. So I think it will be good to take a year off.

Sorry your Mama gave you such a scare. Happy to hear she's doing better now. What a blessing you live so close. It's hard to see our parents age :-(

I always make time to walk the Gorilla trail. I hurry through some of it to get to the gorillas. Love watching them. Thanks for updating - will be watching for more! Love your TR's!

Just found your TR and have just caught up. We stayed at CSR last April and I was really apprehensive about staying there but it turned out I loved it. I swear we had the same room that you had booked for your kids. It was Cabanas facing the parking lot which I actually loved since we had a rental car and could park right in front of the room. Which leads me to a question...how come you guys take the bus instead of using your own car to get around Disney? I loathe the Disney bus and finally getting a rental car was life changing for me!
And Im sorry your Mama had such a fall! I do hope she is doing much better now.

Found your TR the other day and am now caught up. I have not been on the Dis much lately, had computer and internet issues but that is all fixed now so I am getting a chance to have some Dis time. I actually went to DL in April and have a TR that I started but haven't finished. I do plan to finish it now that I have a working computer again. Check it out if you are interested.

I have enjoyed reading about your trip, looking forward to the rest if you are able to come back to it.

So sorry about your Mom's fall, hope she is doing better.

Gorilla time! Continued:

We left the viewing area so that others could have their turn. We continued down the path and as we crossed the bridge, we could see a lot of guests and activity. I was excited because I figured that meant the gorillas were out and above and they were!

IMG_3846.JPEG

A cast member told John and I that we should walk to the other side of the pathway because there were several gorillas out and about.

You can't see it very well but there was a young gorilla in the tree!
IMG_3848.JPEG

And one was sitting on the ground watching over the one in the tree and another who was running around and playing.

IMG_3849.JPEG

IMG_3852.JPEG

IMG_3853.JPEG

IMG_3854.JPEG

IMG_3855.JPEG

IMG_3863.JPEG

We stood there for quite a while watching them run and play and act silly. I could have stayed there for hours but we had somewhere else we needed to be.

**Next: Will it be as good as it was before?

Will it be as good as it was before?

We left Gorilla Falls trail and started towards the Lion King Theater where the show was set to start shortly.

As we walked along the water's edge, we heard music and then saw a character float. It was Santa!

IMG_3864.JPEG

The show was set to start in just a few minutes, but we needed to make a stop at the restroom before entering the theater. Disney's attention to detail always amazes me. Even the restrooms had various decisions on the outside of the building.

IMG_3865.JPEG

As we approached the theater, we could see that the line was moving so we picked up our step and were soon inside. We were anxious to see how the show would be since it was edited due to the pandemic.

IMG_3866.JPEG

We didn't have to wait long before the performance began. As you can see, we were seated fairly close to the front of our section of the theater.

IMG_3867.JPEG

IMG_3868.JPEG

IMG_3870.JPEG

IMG_3871.JPEG\\

IMG_3873.JPEG

**Continued in next post

This is so weirdly funny and entertaining!

Our stomachs were reminding us that it was time for lunch. We left the theater and wandered over to Flame Tree BBQ. The portions there are large enough for two to share but we couldn't decide which entree we wanted. So, we decided to get two different entrees and share them. We ordered the macaroni and cheese with slaw, meat and onions rings and then the chicken and rib plate.

IMG_3905.JPEG

IMG_3906.JPEG

We found a table near the water and were treated to part of the Kite Tails (I think that was the name.) It was so odd and funny and entertaining all at the same time. The kites were all wobbly and would often "wreck". We laughed so hard at them.

IMG_3907.JPEG

IMG_3909.JPEG

I guess that's the only kite that I took a picture of but I had four or time of them. I'm only posting two since the others were almost the same. Once the show was over, character boats were come by every now and then.

IMG_3914.JPEG

IMG_3917.JPEG

IMG_3919.JPEG

**Up next: Can you look in my drawers and bring me some.......

Can you look in my drawers and bring me some......

I need to backtrack a minute. The night before, I received a call from Lacey. They were starting the drive to Disney the next day (our Animal Kingdom day that I am writing about above) and she wanted to check in with us.

She had been checking on Mama while we were gone, gathering the mail, mailing out Mama's bills, etc. One of her friends would be dog sitting for us. She had taken her to our house to meet the dogs and showed her around the house and where we keep their food, water bowls, leash, etc.

The call was just to tell us that she had everything covered and that they were getting excited about us all being in Disney together. I was so glad that she called. Not only to share the excitement but I also needed her to get something from our house for me.

When I packed, I packed an overnight bag and one extra suit of close because you never know if something might happen and you need it. Well, apparently, I tossed in three or four pair of underwear and that's it. I thought that I had more in the other suitcases. I didn't. So, I had been washing my underwear each evening. I had never not packed enough underwear before. Typically, you can always find underwear in World of Disney or in your resort's store. But, I couldn't find any anywhere. Apparently, women's underwear wasn't a priority item to keep in stick during the pandemic.

Lacey started laughing when I told her to look in my drawers for some drawers. LOL She actually only had to go into the extra bedroom where I had started my stack of things to pack. They were all there in a large ziplock bag. Lying on the floor waiting for me to toss them into the luggage.

As they always say, there's a first time for everything!

Lunch done, we decided to hop in line for It's Tough to be a Bug. The Tree of Life is so beautiful!

IMG_3921.JPEG

Looking for different animals is always a fun thing to do as you meander down the line:

IMG_3922.JPEG

IMG_3923.JPEG

IMG_3924.JPEGIMG_3926.JPEG

IMG_3927.JPEG

IMG_3928.JPEG

As we were entering the holding area, the doors to the theater were opening and we basically walked right in.

Flik was, once again, our Master of Ceremony and was soon introducing us to his fellow insects.

IMG_3929.JPEG

**Continued in next post

IMG_3930.JPEG

IMG_3931.JPEG

IMG_3932.JPEG

My pictures turned out okay. I took them with the 3D glasses held to the camera on my phone. Not too bad.

We exited the theater and deposited our bug eyes in the bin.

IMG_3933.JPEG

We always wait for a while to let other guests make their way down the path so that we don't have that swimming downstream feeling if we had joined the masses. I took one more picture of the Tree of Life from that viewpoint.

IMG_3934.JPEG

**Up next: You love me! You realllllly love me!

Welcome back! Hoping all is well with your family.
Lucky you, seeing the gorillas out and being active, especially the one in the trees. That must have been such fun to watch.

You had terrific seating for the Lion King show. I love how you were able to photograph the happy expressions on the performers. This show is the only WDW show that I must see every visit. The music, familiarity with the characters and theater in the round atmosphere brings me such joy!

Flame Tree BBQ is a favorite dining location for us. On our 1st visit there, one son lost a tooth and the other discovered he loved PBnJ lunchables. It's funny what we remember. How was that mac n cheese combo? It seems like an unusual combination to put together.

You had me LOL with Lacey searching your drawers for drawers. You said you brought along 4 pairs and were washing your undies each night.....you must love your fresh bloomers!

Thanks for coming back to your TR. I look forward to reading about your family reunited at WDW, especially now that your kiddos are all adults.

Love to watch the gorillas! I could stay there for hours too. Glad to see you're back!

Just saw your other updates! What a fun day you had in AK. I've read that the Lion King show is back in full form now. Can't wait to hear about your time with all your family there. Hope all is well with your Mama. Thanks for coming back to post!

Great seats for LK. I'm never that lucky. We have done LK a few times since it reopened and enjoyed it but I'm really excited to see the WHOLE show again next month.

What are your dates for you next trip? I'm wondering if we'll cross.

We love to get seats by the water at Flame Tree. You took a great advantage of the entertainment while you ate.

I too enjoy all the carvings while walking into see the bugs. I also enjoy the audience reactions.

Love the drawers story! What a lifesaver to have Lacey to bring fresh undies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter