I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

I'm so anxious for them to arrive! This is the biggest pile of crap that I've ever seen!

**Wait! I forgot something. We got a call from Lacey the evening before saying that they had arrived at the hotel but they said the reservation had been automatically cancelled. What the heck? I logged into hotels.com and found the reservation and tried to call them back. She text me that they had found it and they were checking in.

It was all just a mix-up. What had happened was this: When I am looking for hotels on the way to Disney, I initially book our normal hotel. Then, for months, I check prices to see if I can get it cheaper. Once it gets closer to the trip, I keep the cheapest rate and cancel the others. The hotel staff looked at the one that I had cancelled about a week prior. They weren't looking at the one that I kept. Another factor was that the kids had decided during Sunday dinner that they could just share a room for the night. John and I had said we would be paying for everything but gas and food. They said there was no reason for us to pay for two rooms when they would only be crashing for the night. I, personally, wouldn't want to sleep with my sister and her husband or my brother and his wife but whatever. (Lacey and Jesse were in a missionary college and they dormed with five other people so it doesn't bother them at all. Hunter and Tabitha said they didn't mind either soooo.....)

Okay, let's get back to the report.

Today was the day! The day the kids would meet us at Walt Disney World! The first time my daughter-in-law, Tabitha, would EVER visit Walt Disney World! The first time we would be together as a family of six at Walt Disney World!

I went online and booked a breakfast reservation at Rix. We aren't big breakfast eaters but breakfast sounded good today. As we walked to Rix, we received a call from Hunter. They had been on the road about two hours. The little stinkers were supposed to call us when they got on the road. We asked them to check in with us along the way. Our plan was to have breakfast and then go to Disney Springs to shop for a while. We were really just trying to keep ourselves occupied so we wouldn't keep looking at the time and wondering when they would get there. It's like a "are we there yet" moment.

We checked into Rix and were immediately seated. There were only a handful of people there.

IMG_4060.JPEG

IMG_4061.JPEG

We couldn't decide what we wanted so we ordered two different entrees and split them between us. John ordered a breakfast wrap, and I ordered an omelet.

IMG_4062.JPEG

IMG_4063.JPEG

During breakfast, we noticed more and more people entering the building. There were oodles and oodles of cheerleaders, what appeared to be basketball players, and businessmen and women. They were like ants scurring here and there. The food court was packed.

Once we were done with breakfast, we made our way back to our building but chose to go the long way around. We went over the bridge and over to Cabanas.

This is where the post will be very wordy with no pictures.

We stopped at our room, made a restroom stop and picked up my purse. We walked to the bus stop and waited and waited and waited. Bus after bus passed our stop. Other guests joined us at the stop. Many of them were waiting on a Disney Springs bus too. Yes, we could have gotten in our car and driven but, you guys, I do not like driving on Disney property especially driving to Disney Springs.

After what seemed like forever, we were finally at Disney Springs. We made stops in several stores purchasing a couple of t-shirts, a few stickers, and I can't remember what else. John got himself a coffee from Starbucks even though he had coffee at breakfast. His doctor once asked him how much coffee he drank a day and he said not much. When the doctor asked how much is not much, John's reply was about six cups. The doctor couldn't believe he didn't think that was much.

While shopping, we would receive texts periodically from the kids. When they were about two and a half hours away, we figured it was time to go back to the resort. We got in the Coronado Springs bus line and waited about 20 minutes for a bus to get there. The bus was full when we left Disney Springs. As we almost always do, we made our way to the back of the bus so that everyone behind us could load onto the bus.

Once we arrived at Coronado Springs, our first stop was Gran Destino where quite a few people got off and quite a few people got on. And that's where the biggest pile of crap began. People got off and on at Gran Destino. We then started around the resort and towards Casistas. Even before we got to the stop, we could see what looked like dozens of cheerleaders. Some guests got off and as many cheerleaders as could fit got on. The next stop was Ranchos and even more cheerleaders got on. I don't see how they even fit. We couldn't see a thing because our back was to the windows and cheerleaders were, literally, sitting on top of each other and talking so loud I could hardly hear my own thoughts. I was so glad that we would be getting off at the next stop.

Imagine our surprise when the bus driver drove right past it. Right past it! We tried to say something but I'm serious when I say we couldn't move and we couldn't even call out to the driver. He sped right out of the resort and took us back to Disney Springs.

As soon as everybody got off the bus, we walked to the front and asked the driver why he didn't stop at the Cabanas bus stop. He looked at us like we had two heads and rudely said "because the bus was full" to which we replied, "we were getting off not on." He sat there for a minute and said "Well, you are getting off now". John was spitting nails mad so I knew that I had to do the talking. I asked him if he could take us back to the resort because we had already wasted so much time due to his error. He basically said we were screwed and to get off. John asked his name and took note of the bus number. The driver grabbed his bag and got off too. Booty face!

Lacey messaged us while we were talking to him, and I didn't answer. They had run into traffic and would be later than originally expected. I decided to grab John something to drink to take his meds with and I'd go into Guest Relations to discuss what had just happened. I waited in the Guest Relations line outside and when I reached the podium, I was told that I was wasting my time waiting to go inside. They couldn't do anything about it. I asked if I could at least make a report of what happened and how rude the bus driver was. They said it was about a 45 minute wait and, again, it wouldn't do any good.

By this time, I was pissed, and it takes a lot for me to get pissed. I met back up with John, gathered up our bags and went back to the bus stop. Thankfully, we didn't wait as long as before. And I didn't go to the back of the bus either. We plopped our behinds down in the first two seats on the bus. There would be no repeat of what happened to us before.

We made it back to our resort, madder than two wet hens. You won't believe what happened next! Our bus broke down. It was smoking and shuddering. The bus driver told us that we had to get off at Gran Destino and walk. What an ordeal! But, we were back and would be there when the rest of the family arrived.

**Up next: Your dad's under the car kids!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness! I could feel my blood pressure rising with that bus situation! We were in the world two weeks ago, and my friends waited over an hour for a Hollywood Studios bus. They missed the last Playhouse Disney show that her kids really wanted to see. She is like next time we come the kids will be too old for it! I felt bad. On the upside, I can feel your excitement for the kids to arrive! Cannot wait to read more!

Oh my goodness! I could feel my blood pressure rising with that bus situation! We were in the world two weeks ago, and my friends waited over an hour for a Hollywood Studios bus. They missed the last Playhouse Disney show that her kids really wanted to see. She is like next time we come the kids will be too old for it! I felt bad. On the upside, I can feel your excitement for the kids to arrive! Cannot wait to read more!

That was THE worst bus situation we have ever had at Disney. Hands down the worst.
I hate that your friends missed the Playhouse Disney show! That's sad!

What an un-magical bus ride! Maybe when you got home you sent an email? I would want to get it off my chest even if it did no good. Oh well, hope you got your bus mojo back!

What an un-magical bus ride! Maybe when you got home you sent an email? I would want to get it off my chest even if it did no good. Oh well, hope you got your bus mojo back!

Oh yeah! I wrote a lengthy letter to Bob Chapek and got a call from one of his assistants. We were comped two nights for our 2022 vacation due to so many " unfortunate events" happening during our stay.

As soon as everybody got off the bus, we walked to the front and asked the driver why he didn't stop at the Cabanas bus stop. He looked at us like we had two heads and rudely said "because the bus was full" to which we replied, "we were getting off not on." He sat there for a minute and said "Well, you are getting off now". John was spitting nails mad so I knew that I had to do the talking. I asked him if he could take us back to the resort because we had already wasted so much time due to his error. He basically said we were screwed and to get off. John asked his name and took note of the bus number. The driver grabbed his bag and got off too. Booty face!
Oh. my. goodness. I would have been furious as well and my husband would have definitely lost his temper!

That was THE worst bus situation we have ever had at Disney. Hands down the worst.
That just sounds horrible! What a disaster that first bus driver was! We once missed a Be Our Guest reservation due to the Magic Kingdom bus not coming for almost an hour. When we travel with our son and they keep adjusting the bus time the next thing we know is he’ll say - here’s our Uber. He does not have any patience for that kind of waiting.

We like travelling to WDW in November. I try to make sure I miss cheerleader/football weekend

That just sounds horrible! What a disaster that first bus driver was! We once missed a Be Our Guest reservation due to the Magic Kingdom bus not coming for almost an hour. When we travel with our son and they keep adjusting the bus time the next thing we know is he’ll say - here’s our Uber. He does not have any patience for that kind of waiting.

We like travelling to WDW in November. I try to make sure I miss cheerleader/football weekend
It definitely was a horrible bus ride! Isn't it frustrating when the buses run late?!?
Love your trip report.
Thank you!

**Up next: Your dad's under the car kids!

In the last update, I told you guys about THE worst bus experience we had ever had at Disney. Having the bus that dropped us off break down was the cherry on the top of the crap sundae.

Thankfully, the walk from Gran Destino to our room in Cabanas was a long one. I hung our bags in the room and we waited. Ugh what it taking them so long? We were ready for them to get there already. I wanted a little something sweet to tide me over until dinner, so we walked over to the food court to see what they had. The resort really is beautiful, so the walk was a pleasant one. We took our time and enjoyed the beauty around us.

When we entered the food court, we saw that the set-up was the same. The majority of the food was uncovered, and guests were walking up to it, looking at it, sometimes pulling it out from the warmer and putting it back. I couldn't get over the fact that this was allowed. I mean, it was so weird to us.

The dessert section had a lot of cupcakes to choose from. I got a cheesecake "cupcake". Basically, it was a cheesecake but shaped like a cupcake.
IMG_4067.JPEG

I don't remember what flavor cupcake John got. It had a buttercream frosting and sprinkles though.

IMG_4068.JPEG

John is not a big cupcake person but it was the easiest dessert to grab and go with. We took them outside to eat them at one of the tables just outside of the food court.

About a minute after we sat down, the kids called us on speaker and the noise in their car was crazy. They were all talking at once. You could feel the excitement over the phone. They weren't too far away and wanted to know where they needed to go after they got to the resort.

While they were talking, John and I started eating the cupcakes. It wasn't until after I had taken a couple of bites that I looked down and realized that my cheesecake had mold on it! I almost lost my cookies right then and there. I closed it back up and told John to finish talking to the kids while I took it back to the food court. I took the cheesecake over to the dessert station and waited for a cast member to come over. After a few minutes, someone came over and asked if I needed help. I handed over the container and told them that it had mold on it. They kinda shrugged their shoulders and asked if I wanted another. They didn't seem surprised, didn't apologize, didn't check the others, nothing. I had them give me a 50th anniversary cupcake and walked out. Another red X for the Coronado Springs food court.

The wait for the next call from the kids seemed so long but it finally came. They were following the signs to the resort! Woo Hoo! We hotfooted it to our building to wait.

I told them where to turn when they got into the resort itself since we had turned the wrong way when we got there. I also told them what building we were in. They said that they would be there in just a few minutes. Eeek!!!! We were so excited! You will probably recall that this was Tabitha's first trip to Disney and we could hardly wait to see her reaction to everything.

John and I walked out to the parking lot side of the building to wait. John though that he saw something under the car so he went out to look.

IMG_4069.JPEG

I got another call from Lacey who said they were there but couldn't find the building. I stayed on the phone talking to them and watching for the. The excitement was building and building. Lacey said that she saw me but didn't see her dad. Your dad's under the car kids!

**Up next: There's a thunderstorm brewing!

There's a thunderstorm brewing!

We were so happy when the kids got to the resort! We exchanged hugs all around and helped them unload the car. They initially were going to take their Jeep truck but they found a nail in the tire right before leaving. So, they took Lacey and Jesse's compact car instead. This meant that they were pretty packed into a small space. They had stuff tucked here and there and everywhere. Once we had their things in the rooms, we left them alone to freshen up and soak in the fact that they were in Disney.

When we were planning the trip, we had decided that we would go to Disney Springs the evening they arrived. John and I thought that they might want to stay around the resort a while, but they wanted to immediately soak in the Disney experience, and they wanted to do that at Disney Springs.

You may remember that John and I had purchased a Landry's Select card earlier in the trip. We decided to put the card to use at Rainforest Cafe. When we got to the restaurant, I asked about the Landry's Select line and they pointed me in the right direction. I showed my card and we waited less than five minutes before being seated in the gorilla section.

IMG_4071.JPEG

Our orders were placed, and we caught up with one another while waiting on our food. I ordered the sampler platter when everyone assured me that they'd help me finish it off.

IMG_4073.JPEG

I don't remember what this was called but it had steak, shrimp and ribs and was John's entree.

IMG_4074.JPEG

Jesse ordered this.....this....I don't know what it was but he said it was good.
IMG_4075.JPEG

This was Lacey's dish:

IMG_4076.JPEG

I don't see the entrees that Hunter and Tabith ordered. I remember that Hunter ordered a steak and Tabitha ordered a pasta dish.

Even though we were all stuffed from our dinner, we all wanted something sweet. Dole Whips were on our minds!

IMG_4077.JPEG

IMG_4078.JPEG

IMG_4079.JPEG

IMG_4080.JPEG

**Up next: It's snowing! Oh no! It's raining!

Looks like a nice evening at Disney Springs! I'm not going to lie, I am like the last person to complain about everything at Disney, and that bus incident would have me fuming and demanding to speak to a manager.

Looks like a nice evening at Disney Springs! I'm not going to lie, I am like the last person to complain about everything at Disney, and that bus incident would have me fuming and demanding to speak to a manager.

Wasn't that crazy!?!? I don't complain a lot either but this one was one that ended up writing to Disney about when we got home.
Wondering if you're back at WDW for another Thanksgiving adventure?

Yes, she is. She is sharing photos on Facebook.

Yep! We went to Disney again over the Thanksgiving holidays!

Hey everybody! We are back from another two week trip to Disney! We had a great time....until....John and I got sick the second week. We came home on the 26th and are just now getting over whatever it was that we caught. :crazy2: We went back to our home away from home, Caribbean Beach, and remembered why we loved it so much. I'll be writing a trip report about our travel adventures and will let you know when I've started. First, I need to finish up this one which I am about to work on. Oh and we already have a countdown for next year which will probably come as no surprise to anyone. What may be surprising is that we are also visiting Universal in 2023. I'll get to all that later.

Stay tuned for an update!

It's snowing! Oh no! It's raining!

After our dinner at Rainforest Cafe and our Dole Whips at Disney Springs, we decided to let the kids walk around a while and take in the Disney sights and smells. We didn't want to smother them and make them think that they had to spend every waking moment with us.

There was a performance taking place on the stage near World of Disney.

IMG_4081.JPEG

John and I ambled along and came across these guys:

IMG_4082.JPEG

See the sidewalk? It had just stopped "snowing" and then it started sprinkling which made for a slippery situation for some who were walking by.

IMG_4083.JPEG

John, on the other hand, found himself a little nook which was undercover and we watched the rest of the performance.

IMG_4086.JPEG

Up Next: Let's do the classics first!

You're back - yay! Sorry about the illness on your latest trip - that would put a damper on your Disney fun but hope it didn't set you back too much. Anxious to hear more about your family trip!

You're back - yay! Sorry about the illness on your latest trip - that would put a damper on your Disney fun but hope it didn't set you back too much. Anxious to hear more about your family trip!

I'd love a redo of our last week in Disney since we had to cancel so many dining reservations and basically felt like crap. But, there's always next trip.

Let's do the classics first!

Today was the first park day and we would be spending it at Epcot. The night before, we had made plans to meet at the bus stop and we'd hit the classic attractions first. So, we had a basic plan but nothing written in stone.

Thankfully, the wait for the bus wasn't a long one and we were on our way to Epcot. At the time, masks were required on all transportation and any indoor attraction. You can tell by Tabitha and Hunter's eyes that they were smiling though.

IMG_4090.JPEG

We made it to Epcot and took a quick group picture before getting in line to scan our Magicbands.

IMG_4092.JPEG

Magic Bands scanned, we set off for the first classic attraction, Spaceship Earth.

IMG_4093.JPEG

IMG_4094.JPEG

IMG_4096.JPEG

IMG_4098.JPEG

IMG_4099.JPEG

IMG_4101.JPEG

IMG_4103.JPEG

I don't know why I even try to take pictures in Spaceship Earth as they all turn out blurry but these two were semi-okay.

**Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter