• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I hope we love it! I am sure we will! Uh no - we don't! Mickeystoontown's 16 day trip! Updated 9/5!

Up and down is not your thing but maybe round and round will be!
This is going to be a short update before I move on to the next.
Lacey and Jesse had something they wanted to do so we told them we would meet them for dinner. Hunter, Tabitha, John and I went to Toy Story Land to take a spin on Alien Swirling Saucers. If going up and down wasn't Tabitha's thing, maybe going round and round would be.
IMG_4260.JPEG

IMG_4261.JPEG

Well, there's Hunter but Tabitha's face is totally blocked out!

IMG_4262.JPEG

Once done with the swirling saucers, the four of us went to see Muppetvision 3D. We got to the entrance of the theater and.....whaaaaaat? It was closed for the evening. We missed it! Daaaaang it! Hunter and Tabitha were okay with it because they had taken time to see it while we were all split up.

We met Lacey and Jesse outside of Mama Melrose's where we had dinner reservations. We checked in and waited with Kermit the Frog:

IMG_4263.JPEG

IMG_4264.JPEG

I failed to mention that early in the day, we were able to get Rise of the Resistance. When we checked in for our dinner reservation, we were told that they were running about fifteen minutes late. Crap! We would be cutting it close to our boarding group/time.

Once we were seated, we all decided quickly and, thankfully, our orders came out rather quickly as well. I'll be honest with you, I don't remember who ordered what and I only took pictures of two entrees. This isn't very typical of me. I like to take lots of pictures to share with my clients but, this time, we were all trying to eat quickly so we could pay and get outta there. Our waitress was so nice. She brought out a cupcake for Hunter and Tabitha's anniversary. The ate it quickly., we paid and we were off!

IMG_4265.JPEG

IMG_4266.JPEG

IMG_4267.JPEGIMG_2124.JPEG

**Up next: The path of least resistance!

The path of least resistance!
I missed adding this picture to the update above.
IMG_4278.JPEG
So I know absolutely nothing about Star Wars. I'm talking zilch. Even so, I can appreciate how cool Star Wars Land is. It is especially neat at night.
IMG_4282.JPEG

IMG_4286.JPEG

IMG_4287.JPEG

I have no clue what any of this is but what good is a trip report without pictures?

IMG_4288.JPEG
IMG_4289.JPEG

IMG_4290.JPEG

IMG_4291.JPEG

**Continued in next post

The path of least resistance continued
Again, I don't have a clue what I'm snapping pictures of but hopefully, you know:
IMG_4292.JPEG

IMG_4293.JPEG

IMG_4294.JPEG

Ya'll, this was soooo cool! Tabitha, Hunter and Jesse were lovin' it. Lacey, John and I were saying how cool it was but we really didn't know what we were coolin' about. Just that it looked neat.

IMG_4296.JPEG

IMG_4297.JPEG

IMG_4298.JPEG

IMG_4299.JPEG
IMG_4300.JPEG

**Continued in next post

The path of least resistance continued

IMG_4302.JPEG

IMG_4303.JPEG

IMG_4304.JPEG

IMG_4305.JPEG

When the characters were talking to us as we were going in, I was confused. I didn't know what they were talking about but Hunter and Tabitha were in hog heaven. This was right up their alley. Tower of Terror may have rated a great big goose egg, but Rise of the Resistance was a 10 out of 10.

We meandered out of the park at a leisurely pace, and I snapped this one last picture.

IMG_4306.JPEG

While we were waiting in line for the buses, I had someone ask me for a quote. I worked on that and sent them a screenshot of what they were wanting.

IMG_4307.JPEG

We made it back to Coronado Springs and decided on a time to meet the next morning. Tomorrow was the day that we had all been waiting for. The day Tabitha would feast her eyes upon Cinderella's Castle!

**Up Next: Ya'll don't laugh at me when I ugly cry! Girl, you won't be the only one!

Still here, and still think you have an adorable family! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I’m here and really enjoying your trip report and pictures!

Yay, I am glad you are still here!
Still here, and still think you have an adorable family! Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Thank you so much for letting me know you are sticking around.
Still here and marveling at how much Hunter looks like John!!

Doesn't he though!?! Thanks for staying with me!
I'm here! I love your reports, but mostly lurk.

Thanks so much for coming out of lurkdom and letting me know that you are still here!
Reading along just haven’t commented in a bit!

I appreciate you letting me know you are here still!

Again, I don't have a clue what I'm snapping pictures of but hopefully, you know
Nope. Not a clue. But like you I do love a good theme and can appreciate the detail that goes into it.

I am sorry Tabitha did not like Tower! My husband hates it too. I always make him get a rider swap so I can go on twice when we are with the kids. Shameful yes, but I only have limited time with two tiny tots!

I am glad Tabitha did like Star Wars Stuffland to make up for the TOT hatred!

Yep! Still here and along for the ride😄
Great! Thanks for staying with me!

Nope. Not a clue. But like you I do love a good theme and can appreciate the detail that goes into it.

I am sorry Tabitha did not like Tower! My husband hates it too. I always make him get a rider swap so I can go on twice when we are with the kids. Shameful yes, but I only have limited time with two tiny tots!

I am glad Tabitha did like Star Wars Stuffland to make up for the TOT hatred!

I truly have no idea what anything is in Star Wars Land.

It is absolutely not shameless that you do rider swap. I'd do it too!

Ya'll don't laugh at me when I ugly cry! Girl, you won't be the only one!

John and I have never been big breakfast eaters but the rest of the family are so they said they were going to the food court. John and I decided to grab something easy to split. We entered ElMercado, walked around to the warming stations and I saw an sausage, egg and cheese biscuit that sounded good. We decided to split it instead of getting one each. We got in line at the register and I realized that I had picked up a bacon, egg and cheese instead. I said something to John and the cast member told me to just take it back and get what I wanted. Um, no. Even though it was wrapped in foil, I wasn't taking it back. I had already handled it. I thought it was odd that a cast member would tell us to just take it back.
IMG_4313.JPEG

Hunter and Tabitha spotted us and came over to sit at the table with us. They also made a comment on the food court and how people could just walk up, pull out a food items but then put it back. It kinda grossed them out too. Again, I thought that was odd of Disney to allow that when we were still in a pandemic.

Breakfast done, we walked to the bus stop, met Lacey and Jesse and were pleased when a bus came after only 20 minutes. Given our bus history so far, 20 minutes wasn't long at all.

Today was the day, the day that Tabitha would lay eyes on Cinderella Castle for the first time ever. She told all of us that she would probably cry and we couldn't laugh at her. I told her not to worry because I always cry when I see the castle. It's just so beautiful! We were all giggling and watching Tabitha. We couldn't wait to see her reaction.
IMG_4315.JPEG

IMG_4316.JPEG

IMG_4317.JPEG

You can't tell it from the pictures but she was crying. Sweet little thing! Pictures taken of the castle, we moved on to Frontierland where we would ride the first attraction of the day. No, we weren't visiting Tom Sawyer Island, we were going to Big Thunder Mountain.
IMG_4318.JPEG

IMG_4319.JPEG

IMG_4320.JPEG

IMG_4321.JPEG

IMG_4322.JPEG

Continued in next post

Last edited:
It’s fun to see your DIL enjoying all these things for the first time!
Isn't it!?! I loved it!
I'm following. Does anyone tell you Tabitha looks like you?

You are the first! I need to go back and do a side by side comparison.
What a wonderful family trip! These memories are so precious :tink:

Thankyou! I love making memories with family.
I'm still here. I only look in on the DIS on Sundays now. Glad to see your update today.

I' so glad that you are here!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter