I just booked two nights in a Tower Studio

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
It‘s my DH and I, before our main 4th of July. I wanted to stay at Riviera, and extending our stay seems to be an easy way to try it. Do they all have a nice high up view? Or do they view corners, so somehow you are looking into a wall? We are going to a theme park BLT studio next, then finally a one bedroom at BWV. So each move gives us a larger villa!

During this year I have cancelled so many potential stays, including tower studios, but this time, I think this is a reservation we will keep, not cancel, so I am asking. Riviera is the only DVC property we have not stayed at.

Bobbi :)

Last edited:
All of the Tower Studios are in the same location of the building. The image below is the actual "Tower" where they are located.

Depending on room, the view could be towards DHS (overlooking Skyliner station), Epcot, Resort entrance or anything in between. This is based on looking at the building in Google maps.

IMG_5482-e1576807733582-1200x1600.jpg

I would be interested in reading your impressions of the tower studio when you return. We have thought about booking one of those as well. Have a great trip!

As mentioned, all the Tower Studios are in the same location - the semi-round tower portion of the resort. There are 3 per floor. Floors 1-8. They are tiny. The bathroom area is nearly as large as the living space. For us, it might work for a night or two, but no more than that. I would go bonkers if I had to stay in a 220 sq ft room for a week.

Steve

As mentioned, all the Tower Studios are in the same location - the semi-round tower portion of the resort. There are 3 per floor. Floors 1-8. They are tiny. The bathroom area is nearly as large as the living space. For us, it might work for a night or two, but no more than that. I would go bonkers if I had to stay in a 220 sq ft room for a week.

Steve
I understand, but DH doesn’t want to stay anywhere for just one night, but he’s OK with two. This is long enough to try the pool, the counter service, and maybe we can get an ADR at Topolinos!

Steve
Ya I was surprised to see the bathroom is almost as large as the room. Not enough beds in there for us. Even if it was just me and my DW, I would rather stay in a studio and have some space.

Ya I was surprised to see the bathroom is almost as large as the room. Not enough beds in there for us. Even if it was just me and my DW, I would rather stay in a studio and have some space.
Agreed! I did the tour with my dad and I was expecting it to be small, but I was shocked at how small it actually felt when we opened the door. The TV was so large and the wall just seemed like it was ON you. The room felt like a broom closet! The fact that it was tucked away in the corner at the end of the hallway just added to that "closet" feeling. I loved the resort itself and I am even going to try and get a studio for a couple of nights next fall, but that tower studio is a big "no" for me. I'm just trying to stomach the fact that I will have to give up my value 1BR (full kitchen and laundry) at AKV for a preferred view STUDIO at Riviera (They are the SAME amount of points. It may just be me and my DD16 on this trip so space is not really an issue)

I just got back from staying in a Tower Studio, and I have to say I really liked it. The decor was lovely with fun disney touches (balcony railing and the pull-down art), and the bathroom is AWESOME. I'm 1 person, so it was definitely easier to navigate.

I thought I had a basic parking lot view, but lo and behold the view to the left, peeking through the trees:

544611 544612. 544613

We were lucky, we got the 8th floor facing the skyliner. I should warn you, the first floor faces the door or parking lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter