I just can't stay away- Pre-Trip Report Starts Now!

SPAM

DIS Veteran
Hey all, I am hoping to officially complete a PTR and TR this time around. I have been a long time TR lurker and love reading the reports. I hope to do as good a job. I dont have long know I have to go to work soon.

When?- April 7th-11th 2010
Where?- All Star Movies Resort
Who?- My twin sister and I.

Me-Ashleigh 22 years old. Recent graduate of The Ohio State University, employed as a Medical Technologist.
4886_877705514075_12428374_48959891_751064_n.jpg

My sister- Stephanie also 22 graduated from OSU also and now at grad school to get her teaching degree. We had to go these dates cause that was when her elementary school had spring break and she is student teaching.
n12428904_46025137_7828.jpg

We will be on the QSDP which we are very excited about. I was on it when I went back in June with a roomate but my sis has never been on it.

Well thats it for tonight. Stay tuned for obsessive planning over the next few months!

Starting to get things organized, I get to book our flights on Tuesday. On October 13th Southwest is opening up dates through May 7th. This is kind of stressful considering I currently work 3rd shift and sleep during the day. I have heard that generally they come online around 10 CST (11 EST) so what I plan to do is check when I get home to see if they are up by any chance (which I doubt). Then I'll set my alarm for around 1045 to see if I can catch them. This might lead to uneventful sleep. But it's worth it if I get the flights I want at the cheapest prices. I plan to get the earliest flight out of columbus to orlando, then on the return flight catch the 4:15-630 direct to columbus. Steph and I have never left his late as we are always on the earliest flight but it's only a few dollars difference to add an extra day on our ticket and this will give us an extra 4 and a half hours.

I will come back and let you all know how it goes Tuesday (after I wake up that is!) :)

And now as to not make this a boring text only update here are a few pics of my sister and my first trip (by ourselves that is, many many times with the family) in March 2007.

Pleakley and I
n12428904_35839667_3714.jpg

Steph trying on a pirate hat and getting into character
n12428904_35839670_4469.jpg

Us with a storm trooper.
n12428904_35839662_2296.jpg

I'm the sister!! :cool1:

Im really excited to go back to Disney World as I had to suffer last summer. Suffer you ask? Well I graduated in June with my sister and the next day started grad school. My sister went back to wdw with her roommate while I was in school. AND my parents went without me TWICE. TWICE! I haven't been since last Christmas so I am pretty excited that I actually get to go this time.

Things I am looking forward to:
  • Eating a lot (specifically as many hamburgers as possible.
  • Seeing The American Idol Experience because I haven't seen it yet.
  • Toy Story Mania which I have seen already but it's awesome!
  • Seeing the new TTA (though I may not like it)

• Having an actual vacation :banana:

That's it for now! Have to get back to homework :surfweb:

Come on people, wheres the love? As much as I love obsessively planning (don't we all?) it sure would be more fun to be excited with other DISers. :)

Anway Southwest released new fares through May today and I woke up to book my flights. On the way down Wednesday April 7th I got 8:20-10:30 nonstop flight for $89. Not too shabby although I would have liked to get an earlier flight, but this was the earliest one. On the return trip I got the 4:25-6:40 for $177 (nonstop as well). This is more than I was hoping to pay, but it is a busy time of the year and lets look on the brightside, I get to fly nonstop both ways. Thats pretty good right?

Anyway that is the update of the day and I thought I would leave you with another past disney trip picture.
4486_872121748985_12428374_48707153_7187498_n.jpg

Heres my roomate Emma and I in June with Rafiki.
4486_872121439605_12428374_48707105_8023424_n.jpg

And the required, I've been caged by evil emperor zurg photo.

What is TTA? Tommorowland Transit Authority is all I can come up with... and I'm pretty sure that's not it. I'm excited for you guys. I'm in the same boat as I just started planning my own Disney vacation. Found the airfare today too... Have you looked into what restaurants you're gonna go to? :idea: I recommend the 50s Prime Time Cafe! I bet it is right up your alley.

I'm jealous you sisters get to go with each other. I'm crossing my fingers that my brother will come with his girlfriend and play with us. We went to college together and shared an apartment for a while and we are super close! I live in Salt Lake City now and he still lives in Florida and I miss him!!

Nope it is the Tomorrowland Transit Authorithy, sad day. They just refurbed it and there is a new narration that cut out all the best lines. :(

Anyway thats awesome about your trip! I hope your brother gets to go with you. My sister and I both really like disney and get along pretty well (to our standards anyway). Nobody else ever wants to go with us because they think they are going to get caught in the middle of a twin brawl. ;)

Bah I slept 14 hours today. I didn't set my alarm and when you sleep in a dark cave all day thats what happens apparently. I am not allowed to not set my alarm ever again. Anyway, I have 172 days to go! So excited. I am expecting high crowds, although I am okay with it. I know how to work the touringplans and fast passes. Im all about the rope drops and the like. Anyone gone the week after Easter and have some tips?

Here are some pics of past trips.
n12428374_43287992_831.jpg

My sister and I at the airport before our trip in 2008 I think.

n12428374_43288009_4493.jpg

Me in a Star Wars toy box in 2008.

n12428374_43288010_4781.jpg

Steph at the ABC Commissary that we love but apparently everyone else on the DIS hates.

Well thats what I will leave you with. Please I beg of you stop lurking and come out of the shadows!

I'm in. popcorn:: Can't wait to hear more about your plans. Have you thought about what quick service places you'll try? I love Flame Tree at DAK and I swear, the dogs at Casey's are to die for. No clue why, and I am sure that they are probably the same dogs that you can get all over Disney, but there is something that makes them special.

I think you got pretty good flights. We fly out of Cleveland and I swear, Continental changes the flights three times between the time we book and the time we fly. Last trip they took nearly 8 hours off of our trip! Precious Disney time people!!!

We got back about a month ago and i can never get enough Disney planning. :goodvibes Getting ready to start a PTR once I finish the current TR.

Hey! Thanks for checking in, I'll have to look into your TR. I have recently become addicted to reading those things while I am at work with nothing to do. :)

Anyway some of the QS places we enjoy are

Magic Kingdom
-Cosmic Rays
-Pecos Bills

EPCOT
-Cantina de San Angel
-Sunshine Seasons

Disney Hollywood Studios
-ABC Commissary

Animal Kingdom
-Flame Tree

Others
-Pizza at All Star Movies
-Pepper Market
-Wolfgang Puck Express

Okay, now that about a hundred days have passed (give or take a few) I am back to further obsess about my trip. Whether you guys read this or not I am going to make a full TR that I finish this time and it's gonig to happen. So you might as well obsess with me in advance so you will understand what is gonig on when I get around to writing my TR. :)
Well we have 76 days remaining and I have been obesessively DISing to pass the time. I am deeply saddened to hear that Cantina de san Angel will probably be closed to be refurbed while I am down. It just wont be the same without nachos and churros. Although I heard that they would be opening a stand to sell food, but I bet the selection will be limited and if there is no place there to sit then Ill eat someplace else.
My sister is trying to think of clever ways to decorate our doors with Mickey heads if you have any suggestions please pass them along! She also is not at all looking forward to eating whole wheat buns. I don't remember them being as bad as everyone claims they are, but she is very picky about her food.
I have printed my UG touring plans out and have decided to follow them no matter what. I hear (and have read) that they work really well but havent used them yet. I am sticking to the plan this time!
So who is with me!?!

Hello everyone!

I am so excited for this trip to come! I have been compiling a list of suggestions and tips to make sure to do while we are there.

One thing I have been thinking about is having a live report while we are in the parks. I have just set up a twitter account and will be posting live status updates there. In case you don't know, you don't have to have a twitter account to view them!

www.twitter.com/stepho5000 in case you want to add me! or follow me rather.

I am excited to eat figaro fries at pinocchio village haus and beignets from port orleans! I am also excited to walk down main street and see the castle!

Does anyone have any tips for an april visit? or just good tips in general?

36 Days until our trip finally arrives! Got the ME packet in the mail on friday and am still waiting on the WDW vacation packet. I am soo excited, especially since the weather has been really stinky around here. I am ready to wear some tee shirts!

I am really excited about the fact that we have the QSDP. I love being able to prepay for everything. I also like getting lots of desserts and snakcs cause I probably couldn't justify the cost if I paid cash for my meal. I also have 1 super secret TS meal that I booked on the 180 day mark that Steph doesn't know what it is (so I certaintly will not be sharing that info on here, you can PM me if you are dying to know). Ive been racking up the Visa rewards to pay for our meal with, I love those things.

Anyway you people should definitely check out our TR once it goes up because it is going to have lots of pictures (including food) and alot of wacky hijinks by two 23-year-olds that are really children at heart!

I think it's great you both found time to run down there and just have a little vacation to yourselves -- I wish I had thought to do that when I was younger and had more stamina!! :lmao: Since it's just the two of you, you can really make your way around the parks with good speed!

Do you plan to get matching "I was in WDW in 2010" tees? Recently the online Disney store had free personalization for your tees -- I love to save a little $$ and have something different to wear. (okay, I just realized you might take that as a "twin" reference...but everyone seems to want to match when they go to WDW!!) :rotfl:

Love the picture in the SWW box, btw. We're going in early June to a SWW!! Our first -- can't wait!! :banana:

Its the same as yours...

Anyways, my sister told me about disney mobile and since my phone has a data plan I can use it! During class I have been on it looking at wait times and fastpass availabilities. This will be a good tool to use when we are there.

Also I bought my sister a present that she does not know about and if she meets up with me today I will give it to her. :banana:

I dont know, mine says "1 month and 5 days" and yours says "4 weeks and 2 days". Thats not the same?
Anyway thanks for the Frommers 2010 Guide to Walt Disney World with Families. Best $2.50 ever spent.

22 DAYS! You guys have no idea how excited I am. I have been passing my winter blues (and the I hardly ever see the sunshine blues...) by dreaming of and planning my trip. Im a little axious about the crowds, but I figure they are going to be there no matter what and if I am expecting them and use the touring plans :-):cough:: Stephanie ::cough::) then I should be in good shape. I mean they are statistically proven right? CANNOT WAIT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter