I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.. (NOW A JUNE!) 2021 PTR (new update 5-31)

Neither Going nor Coming...

Things are quiet around here, which is good. The school where I work has been tumultuous the last couple weeks (not really the students--more things going on with the staff). I've been dreaming of getting away to Disney.

We have a couple updates since my last post. We now have FIVE-DAY tickets instead of 4-day. Yay! 🎉🎊

Our park reservations are now:
Monday afternoon: Epcot
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday: Animal Kingdom
Thursdsy: Hollywood Studios
Friday: Magic Kingdom

These could still change, really. It will depend on what we end up choosing to do for Emma's bday celebration. I also don't love only doing a half day at Epcot, but on our last trip we stayed at the Boardwalk and we had 8-day park hopper tickets...and we spent a LOT of time at Epcot. So I'm willing to forgo a bit of extra time there this trip. Maybe. 🤣

Beyond these plans, I'd like to eat at The Plaza on one of our MK days. We've never eaten there and I think we'd enjoy the (what seems to me) quiet and simple dining experience there.

We will probably eat at Rainforest Cafe on our AK day. For some unknown reason, this is one of Micheal's favorite traditions. 😬

I always want to eat at Garden Grill at Epcot, but I'm not ready to commit to that this trip, when we won't be spending much time in that park.

Editing to add, I think I'd also like to catch a Friendship Boat to Beaches N Cream on our HS day. That might be a bit much with young kids, so I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. But maybe!!!

That's all for today. I hope your weekend is supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!:smickey:

Last edited:
We have a couple updates since my last post. We now have FIVE-DAY tickets instead of 4-day. Yay! 🎉🎊

Our park reservations are now:
Monday afternoon: Epcot
Tuesday: Magic Kingdom
Wednesday: Animal Kingdom
Thursdsy: Hollywood Studios
Friday: Magic Kingdom
Well that's nice! More park time is always a plus. I know what you mean about not much time in Epcot; for our Thanksgiving trip we only did our arrival day there because the boys just don't really like it that much at this point. I wasn't thrilled but we made up for it with a day there in December and we're doing a day there in February and I'm sure we'll end up hopping at least another night!
Beyond these plans, I'd like to eat at The Plaza on one of our MK days. We've never eaten there and I think we'd enjoy the (what seems to me) quiet and simple dining experience there.
We do like the Plaza; as you said it's simple and quiet. I forgave them for removing my favorite sandwich post-COVID lol and we all still liked it when we ate there in November.
Editing to add, I think I'd also like to catch a Friendship Boat to Beaches N Cream on our HS day. That might be a bit much with young kids, so I haven't made up my mind on that one yet. But maybe!!!
I think you'd be fine! The boat ride is fun and relaxing and there's things for the kids to see on the ride; and the inside of Beaches and Cream has fun pictures on the walls, it's bright, it'll keep them awake and not antsy. Plus ice cream!

I think you'd be fine! The boat ride is fun and relaxing and there's things for the kids to see on the ride; and the inside of Beaches and Cream has fun pictures on the walls, it's bright, it'll keep them awake and not antsy. Plus ice cream!

Yes! The ice cream calls me :rotfl2: !

Buying All the Things....

I realized not too long ago that even though I can't do too much, planning wise, I can still buy things for our trip and really, that's fun too, right?! 💸💸💸

So far, I've bought new suitcases. Aren't they cute?

20210217_141539.jpg

I'm also eying a few magic band designs, but I haven't decided if I want to spend money on these or just use old ones. I'll decide eventually. I love the snacks band, but I also like the Disney Dad/Mom bands. Ashlyn likes them all 🙃, and Miles insists he needs the rainbow Mickey. So we will see!

20210217_141624.jpg
20210217_141636.jpg
20210217_141648.jpg
20210217_141658.jpg
20210217_141710.jpg

Another thing I'm considering bringing is a UV umbrella 🌂. I'm pretty sure Micheal would rather die than be seen using an umbrella for sun protection, but the kids and I aren't nearly so worried about what other people will think! :rotfl2:

If you've used a uv umbrella I would love to hear your opinions about it.

Lastly, I'm looking to buy a simple jogging stroller for Miles. We want one with just one wheel in the front and a high handle bar so we aren't bending over to push it. I'll probably try to pick up one from Facebook marketplace at some point.

That's all for now. Thanks to anyone who's willing to listen to my rambling at this point 🤣. I'm excited to share it, whether or not I'm shouting into a void! 🤪

How are you all? We have been stuck at home buried under snow all week BUT we are warm, fed, and hydrated so I am not complaining. I hope you are all well. 💜

Day One Plans
Epcot

I've been considering our arrival day and thought I'd share those plans here. Our plan is to drive 🚗 .

We will leave Sunday around 1PM and drive roughly 7 hours then stop at a hotel for the night. THEN we will leave our hotel around 8 or 9AM on Monday morning for the last 3 hours. This will put us in Disney around noon, and we won't be too tired. Also, Micheal travels for work and he is always building up hotel rewards points, so our hotel overnight will be paid for with those points 👍.

Arriving around noon, it'll be a toss up as to whether our room will be ready. Regardless, at some point we will head into Epcot. I'd love to stay all evening, but I know that will make for a grumpy family (ask me how I know! :rotfl2: been there, done that!).

I think it will be my plan, honestly, to stay in Epcot for around 3 hours. As much as it PAINS me to say it 😥, we will probably stick to future world. Here's what we have already talked about:

* The Seas
We totally skipped this on our last trip, other than the walk as we exited the Nemo ride (see the shark pic 😊). Miles is a great age to enjoy the aquarium, so we do plan to spend some time in there.

20210220_074358.jpg

Micheal 357.JPG

This picture was our first trip to WDW in 2011. It's Emma, age 5, and Ashlyn age 1. Ashlyn didn't want to leave the fishes and everyone in the aquarium heard about it 🤣.

20210220_071742.jpg

* After The Seas, we want to check out the butterfly garden, which if I understand right is near The Land Pavillion, typically? Anyone know? We've never been during F&G, so I'm pretty excited about it, even if it'll be a short Epcot day.

20210220_071755.jpg

* I'd also like to do some of Spike's Scavenger Hunt, because I think Micheal and Ashlyn would really enjoy doing that together.

IMG_4812~photo.JPG

* Finally, Ashlyn is pretty adamant that she wants to do Test Track. So that'll be on the agenda probably.

* If we happen to stay longer, I'd really like to eat at Regal Eagle and ride Remy's Ratatouille ride. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that, but we'll see.

So, that's the plans for our day one! I've made a Touring Plan for the day, even though I don't know why 🤣. It'll be a short day! But it was fun!

Day 4 - Hollywood Studios

So, I'm skipping ahead to day 4 because I still don't have a solid idea of what we want to do for days 2 or 3. I'll go backwards to those!

For day 4 we plan to do Hollywood Studios. We do plan to utilize the 30 minutes of extra time for resort guests (as long as those are in effect then, of course).

Anyway, our main interests here are going to be kind of obvious:

* Toy Story Land
* Galaxy's Edge
*Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway

Screenshot_20210226-124151_Disney World.jpg

I've practiced trying for a Boarding Group a handful of times now. It's gone pretty well, and I've been reading up on tips about it. Hopefully, we will get one! But if not, it won't ruin our trip in any way. Micheal and I don't really care all that much. Ashlyn is excited about it, but not so much that it's a "must do."

I think we will try for a boarding group and beyond that we will probably start in Toy Story Land then try for a couple of shows.

* Frozen sing along
*Lightning McQueen
*Mickey shorts

We will do Galaxy's Edge as we can and try to fit in MMRR at the end of the night..

I don't think we will try to do Beaches & Cream on this day after all, since it feels too stressful to make a set dining rez when we don't know about RotR.

That's all for our HS day. Nothing fancy--but all fun! :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

What to Do???

I am having a hard time settling on our days 2 & 3. I know we will be doing MK and AK, but I'm not sure what order.

Day 2 (Tuesday), will be our oldest daughter Emma's birthday, and we want to do something special to celebrate, but so far nothing is really working out for that.

We had settled on going to Disney Springs and doing the Amphicars, but then I found out they're only allowing up to 3 passengers at a time because of social distancing for the driver. So, that knocks that out of the running.

Screenshot_20210226-170827_Firefox.jpg

I thought to try the hot air balloon but no one else liked that idea.

Screenshot_20210226-170822_Firefox.jpg

The only other "special" activity open (that kids are allowed to do) is horseback riding, and that's not of interest to us. We have access to plenty of horses at home.

All that to say, I kind of feel like we're back at the drawing board, and I'm even considering doing a full day of Epcot that day instead.

Any suggestions or thoughts? It's honestly kind of bumming me out, even though it shouldn't. I'm still going to Disney World, right?! I think maybe I'm stressing because I want to make that day "easy" for us, because it won't really be all that easy emotionally. And I'm probably overthinking it. :rolleyes:

I just found your pre-trip report and am enjoying it. Congratulations on finishing your degree and teaching! I also teach; this year is something else. :rolleyes:

What to Do???

I am having a hard time settling on our days 2 & 3. I know we will be doing MK and AK, but I'm not sure what order.

Day 2 (Tuesday), will be our oldest daughter Emma's birthday, and we want to do something special to celebrate, but so far nothing is really working out for that.

We had settled on going to Disney Springs and doing the Amphicars, but then I found out they're only allowing up to 3 passengers at a time because of social distancing for the driver. So, that knocks that out of the running.

View attachment 560801

I thought to try the hot air balloon but no one else liked that idea.

View attachment 560802

The only other "special" activity open (that kids are allowed to do) is horseback riding, and that's not of interest to us. We have access to plenty of horses at home.

All that to say, I kind of feel like we're back at the drawing board, and I'm even considering doing a full day of Epcot that day instead.

Any suggestions or thoughts? It's honestly kind of bumming me out, even though it shouldn't. I'm still going to Disney World, right?! I think maybe I'm stressing because I want to make that day "easy" for us, because it won't really be all that easy emotionally. And I'm probably overthinking it. :rolleyes:

This is difficult, and if you're anything like me, you probably are overthinking it.

You said Emma liked animals and were considering doing the Caring for Giants tour. I'd maybe do Animal Kingdom on this day, and really take it slowly and do all the animal trails and the petting zoo area and keep it simple.

You could also consider doing something off-site since you will have a car. Maybe an airboat tour or something animal or nature-related, although maybe you don't need MORE options to consider. I think something will come up that will feel right for you.

I just found your pre-trip report and am enjoying it. Congratulations on finishing your degree and teaching! I also teach; this year is something else. :rolleyes:

This is difficult, and if you're anything like me, you probably are overthinking it.

You said Emma liked animals and were considering doing the Caring for Giants tour. I'd maybe do Animal Kingdom on this day, and really take it slowly and do all the animal trails and the petting zoo area and keep it simple.

You could also consider doing something off-site since you will have a car. Maybe an airboat tour or something animal or nature-related, although maybe you don't need MORE options to consider. I think something will come up that will feel right for you.

I do think Animal Kingdom would be a strong choice. I don't want anything that feels rushed or hurried, and I wonder if the busyness of MK would make us feel hurried.

This may be exactly what we do.

Decisions and Plan Changes

I'm sure it'll come as no surprise to anyone on these boards, but we've changed a few things, haha!

We are now going to leave a day early, so we will arrive on Sunday instead of Monday. Our lovely TA is in the process of getting us that extra day reserved. Because of this, we've changed our park pass reservations to:

Monday - MK
Tuesday - AK (Emma's bday)
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday - HS (no change)
Friday - MK (no change)

I feel really good about these plans, and that is a relief! I'll post updated daily plans soon.

I have less than a month until I get to make our ADR's, and I'm excited to do that! I had hoped we'd hear something about FP+ returning by summer, but I'm losing hope for that. And this might be kind of weird, but I'm actually a little glad the Remy ride won't be open for our trip. Without FP, the idea of waiting in that line was stressing me a little. 🤣

Decisions and Plan Changes

I'm sure it'll come as no surprise to anyone on these boards, but we've changed a few things, haha!

We are now going to leave a day early, so we will arrive on Sunday instead of Monday. Our lovely TA is in the process of getting us that extra day reserved. Because of this, we've changed our park pass reservations to:

Monday - MK
Tuesday - AK (Emma's bday)
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday - HS (no change)
Friday - MK (no change)

I feel really good about these plans, and that is a relief! I'll post updated daily plans soon.

I have less than a month until I get to make our ADR's, and I'm excited to do that! I had hoped we'd hear something about FP+ returning by summer, but I'm losing hope for that. And this might be kind of weird, but I'm actually a little glad the Remy ride won't be open for our trip. Without FP, the idea of waiting in that line was stressing me a little. 🤣

My entire pre-trip report is about me tinkering with all my plans. :rotfl:

I made a few changes and things largely "feel right" at this point, so as of now, I'm going with them. My trip is not for months. I'll need a new hobby if I stop redoing all my plans. :laughing:

Travel Day & Day 1

Hi everyone! I'm back with some updated plans for travel day and Day 1 at the parks, which will be Magic Kingdom.

First off, I've been buying trip essentials this week. I know it's way too early to be thinking about this stuff, but it's what I do. :crazy::teacher: So far, I've bought the $1 ponchos, an umbrella, disposable masks for adults and kids (one box each), and a jogging stroller. I've also decided to use the magic bands we already have instead of buying new ones. I'd just rather spend that $75 on something else.

OK, so, travel day! It will be basically the same as what I'd been thinking before, just moved up a day. We will leave Saturday afternoon, drive for 7 hours or so, then stop to sleep. Sunday morning we will most likely find somewhere to stop for church, then finish the last 3 hours of our drive. I estimate we will get to WDW around 3PM.

The plan will be to rest and relax for the night, with dinner being eaten at All Star Movies.

Day 1!

This will be Monday and our first Magic Kingdom day. We will get up early and be there pretty close to opening. On the agenda will be:

* Tomorrowland
* That side of Fantasyland
* Lunch at The Plaza Restaurant
* Midday break at the hotel to swim
* Shows like Carousel of Progress and Mickey's Philharmagic after the break.

I really want to try for a more relaxed vibe. There aren't really any "must do's." I'm hoping for plenty of stopping and smelling of the roses :flower1: .

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom

Our plan for day 2 will include a lazy start.

* Swimming pool
* Hanging out for a bit

Then going into AK around lunch time.

* Eat lunch at Rainforest Cafe (Micheal's highly anticipated meal each trip :rotfl2: :smickey: ).
* Head to the safari, gorilla trail, and Rafiki's Planet Watch.
* Once all that's done, we will focus on whichever rides we want to do, including Pandora.
*Also want to catch FotLK if it's up and running.

Again, we really want to slow down this trip. More snacking and relaxing than racing from ride to ride. Especially with this being Emma's birthday, we want to enjoy and appreciate everything and not feel rushed.

And just for the cuteness of it, here is a pic of Ashlyn with her sweet baby cousin last night 🥰.

20210314_193653.jpg

How are you all? We are having a tornado-watchy kind of day here in the south :scared:. I hope you all are safe.

Epcot - Day 3

I'm not going to lie. I'm so glad to have a full day now at my very favorite park! We tossed around a few ideas for this day, including starting our day at Fantasia Gardens for a round of mini golf, having lunch at Beaches & Cream, and making our way into Epcot via the International Gateway.

In the end, though, we decided getting to Fantasia Gardens just wasn't worth the effort. :confused3

With that being said, the plan is to be at Epcot for opening or very close to it. On the agenda pre-lunch:

* Test Track
* Frozen Ever After
* Nemo and all his seas

* Butterfly Gardens and other various F&G stuff, possibly doing a bit of Spike's Scavenger Hunt, but that might be later in the evening
* Soarin'
* Lunch wherever we settle on (still thinking about this...maybe Garden Grill or Le Cellier? But maybe qs)

As soon as lunch is done, we will head back to the hotel for a lengthy break. For the evening, we will check out:

* Beauty and the Beast sing along
* Regal Eagle
* Three Caballeros
* WS Pavillions as we choose

I hope to try at least a few snacks from F&G, but that'll be another post for another day. More research is needed, haha!

Next week is our spring break, and just last week my mom called and said she'd rented a house in Pigeon Forge, TN, next week. Would I like to join her? Um, yes?! Haha So, I guess we will be using our Dollywood season passes one last time before they expire in June!

Last edited:
You could maybe do a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream, then do Fantasia Gardens before your hotel relaxation time. You could walk out the International Gateway, have lunch at B&C, then walk to Fantasia Gardens. You could then take a Lyft back to All Star Movies, or take the boat/walk to DHS and take an ASM bus back. That's a lot of time, though, so maybe you mini-golf as an alternative to hotel time.

You could maybe do a lunch reservation at Beaches and Cream, then do Fantasia Gardens before your hotel relaxation time. You could walk out the International Gateway, have lunch at B&C, then walk to Fantasia Gardens. You could then take a Lyft back to All Star Movies, or take the boat/walk to DHS and take an ASM bus back. That's a lot of time, though, so maybe you mini-golf as an alternative to hotel time.

Definitely something to consider. I think I will go ahead and make a Beaches ADR for lunch (when my ADR window opens in 3 weeks), as we make final plans. If nothing else, it's a short walk over from Epcot, then we could take a boat to HS and go back to our resort from there.

***Hi everyone! I realized I was basing all my park plans on the old standard for park hours. It hit me that park hour at the beginning of summer might be similar to spring break hours (so right now).

MK - 8am-9pm
EP - 11-11
AK - 8-8
HS - 9-8

I doubt our MK plans will change at all, and I don't think our AK plans will change. But on our Epcot day we will probably cut out the hotel break. We'll just start at 11'ish and go until we're done, then return to Movies for the night.

Day 4 - Hollywood Studios

We will plan to start our day at park opening, then focus on:

* Toy Story Land
* Galaxy's Edge
* Shows
* MMRR

We don't have to do these in any particular order. We will take our time and hit what we can when we can, fitting in RotR if we get a boarding group.

We will also cut out the hotel break here, and when we get "done" for the day we will head back to Movies for relaxation. This will help us be well rested for our last MK day 👍.

Our lovely TA is in the process of getting us that extra day reserved
:goodvibes

I'm glad you're doing a full day at Epcot as well! You know what's interesting, in our trips post-COVID Steve and I have found that we actually spend MORE time in some of the parks in a single day than we did before; specifically AK and Epcot. Not sure why other than that we go slower and feel absolutely no rush to be anywhere but it's very nice!

I am here! Late to the party but here just in time for the real planning. Hopefully.

WHEN: November 29-December 4, 2021
We were going to go then but we pushed our trip out to 2022, sadly.

While we were away, Micheal says he wants to use his Marriott bonus to go to WDW. WHAT?! I was super on board with this, and it was exactly what I'd hoped for when I first mentioned it to him.
The slow con is always the way to go with the DH's!

So, what are your thoughts on these ideas? Got any other options you think we should consider? We went to Hilton Head Island in 2019, and we're not keen on another beach trip anytime soon. We go every couple of years, but we aren't great beach lovers.
We aren't beach people either, and it always our problem with vacations. So many family trips are beach oriented... Which is why we usually end up at Disney!

econd, I'm making plans for Tuesday, June 8th. That would be our oldest daughter's 15th birthday and we want to do something extra special to celebrate and remember her. My top two picks are the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Cruise OR the Caring for Giants tour at Animal Kingdom. Emma (our oldest daughter) loved all things Peter Pan so the fireworks cruise would be perfect. She also loved animals, so the tour would be right up her alley. So either of these would be a great way to remember her.
That will be nice to be in Disney for her birthday. Even if there is no special event to do. Just being together will be so nice! Even just eating a favorite snack of hers or something?

Eat lunch at Rainforest Cafe (Micheal's highly anticipated meal each trip
Hey, whatever keeps them happy!

* Lunch wherever we settle on (still thinking about this...maybe Garden Grill or Le Cellier? But maybe qs)
Definitely something to consider. I think I will go ahead and make a Beaches ADR for lunch (when my ADR window opens in 3 weeks), as we make final plans. If nothing else, it's a short walk over from Epcot, then we could take a boat to HS and go back to our resort from there.
I would recommend Beaches and Cream even if you don't do mini golf. It is similar food to The Plaza, simple but good. And it is fun! It's a short walk from EPCOT IG. And a uber or lyft would be like $12 to get back. All cheaper than probably lunch at Le Cellier... Don't get me wrong I LOVE Le Cellier but from the sounds of it, B&C is up your family's alley.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter