• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I know you love Disney but...really? ~a dis meet in London 5/15

winkers

<font color=blue>I was stuck in that position and
I'm not sure of how to start this with out going back to the beginning.

There I was nice and warm floating along when suddenly there's a really bright light and I'm staring into the face of ..... Ok, so not that far back.

There are few things that trump my desire to travel to England, those would be my family and disney. Usually in that order.

It really started when I was 12 and introduced to the world of Jane Austen and a love of family history work. And to be honest, Monty Python & Mr. Bean helped keep the fire burning. The more I read and the further back I could find my ancestors a little obsession in me sprouted to visit England.

The final decision that I must go some day was at the age of 16 discovering that William the Conquer is my 25x Great Grandfather.
I know me and a couple million other people, right? But I knew that one day I too would "conquer" England....and Wales....and about every other European country.

Almost 20 years ago when the dh & I got married, we were young and more importantly broke. But D.Jay...the hubster, promised me that one day he would take me to England.

There have been several years we were to make this trip but if it wasn't finances getting in the way it was Disney.

D.Jay and I made a trip to WDW just the 2 of us as a "one time" trip, thinking once would be enough.

Well, once there we knew we had to bring the kids.

While on that trip I ended up in severe pain half the time from a tooth that cracked on the airplane on the way there.

We had planned the next year for me to finally get my European vacation.....family & Disney got in the way. I felt so bad that I had been sick most of the previous trip! I wanted to make it up to the kids. We didn't tell them that plans had changed untill a week before.
Honestly, the looks on those faces when they found out, made it worth it. After all....I thought England would still be around another year, but my kids were growing up too fast.

The next trip we took the mother-in-law aka MIL, to WDW with the family.

That was followed by another trip of just dh &I, where we met up with some of the best people we know...who we just happened to have met on the Dis.

Last year, our budget was smaller so we drove 20 hours to Disneyland with the kids. We met up with some dis buddies there too!

And that brings us to today.....In less than 2 months the hubster and I will be boarding a plane to London. So how does the dis fit into all this?

Well, I will be meeting up with 2 dis-buddies in London, another in Paris and we're spending a day at DLP!:banana:

Why the title you may ask.....when I tell my friends and family that I'm going to meet my dis buddies aka invisible friends and adding insult to injury, spending one of my days in DLP while in Paris..They all think I'm already insane with my Disney obsession and dis-board friends.

.well, that's basically the response I get.....

I know you love Disney, but really?

Up next....the whole ball of wax.

Yay, a Winkers pre-trip! We :love: DLP - nothing like being in the Disney magic while enjoying a wicked good crepe :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more :yay:

Made it. Can't wait to hear all about it.

I'm here! Subbing! I'll have to get back in Disboard mode-- it's been a few years since I've kept up with any pretrippies!;)

The DIS fever goes international.

Looking forward to it.

how exciting!!! I can't wait to hear about it. doubt if I'll ever get nebo to Europe, so I'll ahve to live vicariously through you!!! you better make it good!!

ps (no toothaches or headaches allowed!)

I'm so happy for both of you!:cool1: I have a Beatles song in my head - you can thank me later: "DIS across the water, DIS across the sea....."

So glad you are finally getting your trip to Europe. I am also excited that you are "taking" us with you. Can't wait to read about it. Hope MIL doesn't decide to remodel your house while you are gone.:rotfl:

I honestly don't think I could spend time in Paris and not visit DLP. I mean you're so close. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Yay, a Winkers pre-trip! We :love: DLP - nothing like being in the Disney magic while enjoying a wicked good crepe :goodvibes

Can't wait to read more :yay:
:yay: I'm so excited about the french food....I may just spend my entire time there eating.

Made it. Can't wait to hear all about it.
I'm glad you made it over! :goodvibes

I'm here! Subbing! I'll have to get back in Disboard mode-- it's been a few years since I've kept up with any pretrippies!;)
Now that I pulled myself off the floor from shock at seeing you here, I'm so excited! How long has it been since you've posted over here?

:cool1::cool1: Its been awhile! I'm looking forward to this!
:woohoo: I know! But I'm feeling the tr bug

Su-u-ubbing!

:yay: I'm glad you're going to London and Paris! :woohoo:
:banana: Me too...It still hasn't quite sunk in yet that I'm actually going.

I'm in too and can I just say "I'm soooooooooo jealous"!
:flower3: That's how I felt when Scott did his trip to London and Paris.

The DIS fever goes international.

Looking forward to it.
I'm not sure if the international community is ready for us.:laughing:
Hopefully I can bring home depot mickey heads passed customs.:upsidedow

:dance3: Hi!
We still need to do an oregon meet!

how exciting!!! I can't wait to hear about it. doubt if I'll ever get nebo to Europe, so I'll ahve to live vicariously through you!!! you better make it good!!

ps (no toothaches or headaches allowed!)
:banana: Tell Nebo he should definatly go to Europe...just think of all the opprotunites for injuries....all those cobblestone streets and old buildings with uneven floors....:laughing:
I promise this will be better than the disneyland report.

I'm so happy for both of you!:cool1: I have a Beatles song in my head - you can thank me later: "DIS across the water, DIS across the sea....."
gee thanks!

So glad you are finally getting your trip to Europe. I am also excited that you are "taking" us with you. Can't wait to read about it. Hope MIL doesn't decide to remodel your house while you are gone.:rotfl:
:scared1: Oh the horror of that thought!! I hadn't even thought about it!! :eek:

I honestly don't think I could spend time in Paris and not visit DLP. I mean you're so close. I hope you have a wonderful trip.
:banana: thanks, I plan to enjoy every second of it
I knew all my dis buddies would totally understand.

Joining in!

:dance3: Hi! Glad you made it over!

Yes, and Oregon meet would be wonderful. Or maybe... we will be moving to AZ in Sept, so you probably won't be through again before then - but my DB moved to Coeur d'Alene and I want to try to drive up there this Summer, which means we will be swinging by your neck of the woods...

Yes, and Oregon meet would be wonderful. Or maybe... we will be moving to AZ in Sept, so you probably won't be through again before then - but my DB moved to Coeur d'Alene and I want to try to drive up there this Summer, which means we will be swinging by your neck of the woods...

Definatley let me know if you go to Cour d'Alene! I don't know when we'll make it to oregon next...but Bailie's dying to go, so you never know.

Totally subbing and completely jealous! But I must say, it's a much deserved trip and I hope you have an incredible time! :yay::yay: Can't wait to hear all about it and don't listen to the Dis naysayers, they don't get it! :confused3

Totally subbing and completely jealous! But I must say, it's a much deserved trip and I hope you have an incredible time! :yay::yay: Can't wait to hear all about it and don't listen to the Dis naysayers, they don't get it! :confused3
I agree, they don't get it. And no matter how many times I try to knock them over the head with the joy of disney they just won't listen.;)
I love the doxy in your avatar ! We have 2 little wieners.

Check your dental and medical out of network benefits before you go. ;)

:rotfl2: You know me too well! Maybe I should just get a supply of pain meds before I go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter