• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I leave in THREE days. I'm ready NOW. Pre-Trip report, I guess?

Disneycolada

Earning My Ears
I finally had to sign up, just so I can talk about this trip to someone who understands! And even if no one reads or responds to this- it feels good to get it out :) I have been reading trip reports here forever, to keep the spirit alive, haha!

We leave this THURSDAY, May 7th! We'll be there for 12 days- 8 days in the parks, 1 day at Legoland, 1-2 days of relaxing. *I AM SO BEYOND EXCITED*

This is our first trip during the month of May, and our first time seeing the Flower and Garden Festival. It's also a first trip for my 2.5 year old son (DS2) :welcome:

It's trip #4 for my 10.5 year old son (DS1) and my DH.

My very first memories are of Disney World*, and we went regularly growing up- it's a family thing :) My mom and my aunt go with us whenever we go- so they'll be there too. Our last trip was in 2011...

SO, details!

We are renting a 3 BR condo at Windsor Hills, from Florida Sun Vacation Homes (learned about this place from the DIS- thank you! :) )

-AND-

My aunt, who is a DVC member really wanted to try out a few new (to her) hotels, so she got us a few nights at Disney hotels throughout the stay...

* 1 night at The Boardwalk Inn & Villas

* 1 night at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

* 2 nights at The Polynesian

These are my dining ADR's:

* Be Our Guest Breakfast

* Liberty Tree Tavern

* Tusker House Character Breakfast

* Rainforest Cafe @AK

* San Angel Inn Restaurante

* 50's Prime Time Cafe

* Ohana Best Friends Breakfast

* 1900 Park Fare Breakfast

* Boma for Breakfast

* Kona Cafe Breakfast x2

* Ohana Dinner

Most of these I've done before, but there's a few new ones... we usually do way more table service meals, but we'll be going back and forth so DS2 can nap, and I don't want to be rushing to meet reservation times the whole trip- besides, DS2 is one of "those" toddlers... you know the ones, they don't have all the patience in the world and start to get rowdy when they get tired of sitting in a high chair, so they throw down all the stuff you brought to keep them busy, and get all cranky... yeah, you know the ones ;) That's him. So, we don't want to push our luck.

Anyways...

I'm going to start packing tonight- so hopefully, I have everything...

I plan to take an absurd amount of pictures, and of course, will come and post them here... I decided to do a trip report after this trip so I could re-live the trip all over again afterwards, and just drag out and extend the joy for as long as humanly possible, haha!!

We have decided to "unplug" for this trip... we're not bringing the laptop, or the iPod- and will only bring a flip phone to use if we separate while in the parks. So I won't be able to start a trip report until I return- but I totally will!!

Have fun! We leave on sat so I share your excitement!! Those nights onsite sound FABULOUS! I would love the opportunity to check out some of those resorts. Funny, we usually stay at Windsor hills, but for the first time we are staying onsite this time. Thought we would try out the whole Disney bubble thing!

We have three days to go too! What a fun (and busy!) idea to check out some new resorts. It's going to be hard to leave I bet! We are just staying for a quick three nights at AKL.

Thanks guys!! I'm super excited too and can't believe our luck!

We've never stayed at a moderate, much less deluxe before!

When we were younger, and my aunts brought us, we camped at Ft. Wilderness, and I have so many fond memories of that :)

We've also done Pop Century. And when I was in high school, my marching band went twice to march in parades- once during Spectro Magic, and once during some parade in EPCOT- and we stayed at All-Stars Sports and All-Stars Music, respectively.

The last several trips have been at Windsor Hills though :)

Oh wow!! Looks like you leave TOMORROW!! :jumping1: Have a fabulous time!

I'd love to join in when you start your TR! :)

Such an exciting trip :D , I hope it is full of magic and pixie dust :tink: for all of you!!! Safe travels and happy Disneying ;) to you! Sometimes we all need to unplug for a bit. *smiles*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter