• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love Candy!

3DisMunchkins

Mouseketeer
Talk to me about Candy Cane Inn. I'm trying to justify the $300 cost difference for my upcoming trip.
It seems everyone who's ever stayed there loves it.
We're pretty low maintenance travelers. Have stayed at HOJOs , Tropicana, Grand Legacy, Fairfield, Camelot, and Motel 6. I was gonna do Motel 6 this year just to stay on the cheap, but CCI is calling me. ;-)
How is the breakfast...do you find you eat it days in a row? are there grab and go things also. We're usually rope droppers.
Is the shuttle useful or do most just walk? It's gonna be August so probably pretty hot!
Are the basic room still ok or is only the premiums that make it such a great place?
Anything else?

Thanks as always!!

Talk to me about Candy Cane Inn. I'm trying to justify the $300 cost difference for my upcoming trip.
It seems everyone who's ever stayed there loves it.
We're pretty low maintenance travelers. Have stayed at HOJOs , Tropicana, Grand Legacy, Fairfield, Camelot, and Motel 6. I was gonna do Motel 6 this year just to stay on the cheap, but CCI is calling me. ;-)
How is the breakfast...do you find you eat it days in a row? are there grab and go things also. We're usually rope droppers.
Is the shuttle useful or do most just walk? It's gonna be August so probably pretty hot!
Are the basic room still ok or is only the premiums that make it such a great place?
Anything else?

Thanks as always!!

I have always had a good stay at Candy Cane Inn. It is not the cheapest place to stay, but the the rooms are nice and clean, I never did breakfast here before so i'm not sure if they have one or how it is (i usually always eat breakfast at the parks or DTD), The shuttle are great but i always end up walking. even in hot days the mornings are usually pretty cool. I've never seen the point in getting premium rooms there, the standard rooms are great.

Overall its a much better place then motel 6 or Camelot. I've never had a bad sleep at either motel/hotel but i've heard from others about problems with motel 6 and camelot. Candy Cane Inn and motel 6 are about the same distance to the entrance i believe. So it really just depends on whether you want to save the money for other things or not.

We have stayed there several times - in fact, it is our go to place. The rooms are clean and the grounds are nice. The pool could be on the small size, but, it is nice. The hot tub is great after a day in the parks. We love the little personal touches you get at the Candy Cane.

We stayed in a Premium only once because there were 3 of us. The Premium rooms are bigger.

If you are rope drop people, I wouldn't plan on the shuttle. I think the shuttle starts 30 minutes before park opening, but, don't quote me on that. I find that it is a great walk in the morning hours. It isn't a bad walk at all. We love the shuttle at night, after a long day in the parks. It runs on time!

The breakfast is bagels, toast, pastries, juices, fruit, cereals (hot and cold), yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and cheese. They might have other things, but, I can't remember. Yes, we eat there every morning. We have grabbed things as we are leaving for the parks - but, only if we are walking. No food allowed on the shuttle. They even made sure to have toast, bananas, yogurt, juice, etc. at 4am for the runDisney races. I believe breakfast normally starts around 6:00-6:30am.

We like that there is a little convenience store right next door, with a 7-11 next to that and a CVS across the street. We will get bottled water, milk and some snack foods to keep in the fridge and take to the parks with us.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

I have never stayed at their premium rooms, just normal rooms. IMO when you are in your room, it feels like any of the others I stay at - BWPPI and Tropicana. Maybe even a slight step down. But the grounds are so well taken care of, the pool and breakfast area are so nicely kept, that is what keeps CCI a notch higher.

I think breakfast starts at 6:30AM. You may want to just ask them. It is generous and feels good. I cannot remember if they have anything hot. I think not, except for toasted things. But lots of choices otherwise.

I use the shuttle 90% of the time. The only times I do not are when I miss it by 2 minutes (after a high speed walk to get there!). The t hing that makes their shuttle unusual compared to others is that it runs every 30 minutes, not 60. And the walk is not bad, especially if you only have to take it once a trip.

:wizard:

The shuttle is great! The grounds are pretty. The breakfast is...a few different cereals, breads and spreads, pastry, yogurt, boiled eggs, fruit. It's fine. I found the rooms small, dark and noisy. Bathroom areas are desperately in need of an upgrade. I probably would not choose to stay there again if I could find cheaper accommodation elsewhere.

Thank you all!!
Sounds like the shuttle and the breakfast are both great. I did find out breakfast is 630-930. Anyone know specifics about shuttle ?

I personally would not find the extra $300 to be worth it. I prefer staying at a closer hotel, directly across the street, and walking rather than having to depend on a shuttle schedule. I also typically bring my own fruit and breakfast items from home. The grounds are nice, but that's really not something I need for a Disney trip. However, I know that many have enjoyed their stays there.

The shuttle is always on time.....you can rely on its posted schedule. That said, it is convenient, but not essential. It is a very easy, less than 10 minute walk along Harbor Blvd. to get to the entrance gates. I have missed the shuttle and walked to the entrance and watched the shuttle make its second U-turn on Harbor. I always walk to the parks and if I am tired when leaving, take the shuttle. CCI is so close that you do NOT have to "rely on a shuttle schedule".

Oh, and we think the breakfast is perfect! I think they call it "expanded continental".... there is plenty to choose from!

I am local and have many times stayed at CCI. Love the pretty grounds and friendly staff. The soft beds are awesome. I have not stayed there in several years. I do wish their breakfast was expanded into offering extra hot items.

The shuttle, IIRC, goes to Disney Land on the hour and half hour. It picks up to return to the hotel :15 and :45. The one drawback to the shuttle is that the stop is the furthest away at #13. Sometimes, in the morning when it is not as crowded the driver will let you off at the very end :)

The CCI offers various discounts, so check to see if you qualify for something. We have never had a bad stay there, usually book the Premium Rooms if we can (connecting rooms if we have family with us), and depend on the shuttle for my parents (we usually walk going and ride returning). Breakfast delivered to our room has always been on time and prepared exactly as requested.

Like what specifics?

Oops sorry...mostly wondering how often it runs (which others have answered) and what the hours are?

Oh rats! I thought this thread was going to be about new treats being made at the parks! I love candy too.

Sorry for the tease! But I did see some yummy ones Rob posted today!

I personally would not find the extra $300 to be worth it. I prefer staying at a closer hotel, directly across the street, and walking rather than having to depend on a shuttle schedule

I do like the hotels closer too! The $300 more is compared to motel 6. If the hotels on harbor were significantly cheaper I would definitely stay there but most are more.

I think I agree with most...walking to the parks and taking the shuttle home sounds like a good plan.

Thanks again everyone!!

Oops sorry...mostly wondering how often it runs (which others have answered) and what the hours are?
You must have missed it but I had already answered how often it runs. And others have answered that subsequently.

The CCI shuttle leaves CCI at the top and bottom of each hour, and it picks up at DLR at the quarter and three-quarter hour.

The one thing that is not ideal about the CCI shuttle is that it starts 30 minutes before the park opens, and 30 minutes before MM at DL on Tue/Thurs/Sat. I like to get to the gates earlier than that. Usually 30-40 minutes early. And you can't do that with the CCI shuttle except when you are going to DCA and it is a MM for DL (in recent years DL and DCA normal park opening is usually at the same time). Then you can catch the shuttle 60 minutes before DCA opens since the shuttle technically starts 90 minutes before DCA opens when there is a MM at DL.

As I recall the CCI shuttle runs until 45 minutes after the final park closes.

:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter