I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dh sm’d to close his CIP #1 from last year. They said they closed it but we can still see it in his account. I’ll give it a few more days. We were gonna gave me go for CIP #2 but we need to wait until after we close on our house in June. Chase called Dh today asking about the card we just closed since we’re getting our loan with them.
Did you check the available credit? Does it say $0? I think a lot of times they still show up for awhile.

What number should DH call to get his CIP "rejection" overturned?

Wait a little minute... that ritz is the same amount of points as the swan and dolphin, which cost a whopping $160 a night over Memorial Day. That is whacky.

Agree! 50k a night for Swolphin is just dumb, which is why I cannot use 50k points per night there. It's like $125/night for some of our Aug nights if we were paying cash. And I feel like someone on the PL thread said they got Swolphin for just under $100 recently.

I went to Sam’s for the 1st time today. They were super nice since I technically shouldn’t have been there yet because 7-10 am is apparently plus members shopping hours and not my $45 membership fee. I didn’t have time to look around since I was on a tight schedule. I feel like it could get overwhelming it was so large.
I'm used to shopping Costco which makes Sam's seem completely tame. If you felt you could get overwhelmed in Sam's, don't ever step foot in a Costco. That place is a an all out zoo!

How do we get to that point? While not prolific Hilton stayers, when we do get a hotel with digital key it's never active and says we need to stop at the front desk. We've yet to avoid the front desk at either Hilton or Marriott. I can't figure what we do wrong.

We have lucked out and not had a problem with me checking in under his reservation even without my name added in advance. May backfire one day but so far so good.
Oh, thats weird. I have no idea why that happens for you.

I'm so sick of hail :sad::sad:
This always worries me about Colorado. Last May we were driving from Denver to Moab Utah and we stopped somewhere off 70 to take a bathroom break. When we came out, it was hailing . Luckily it was very small so no damage.
I am assuming if I rent a car through the Chase portal with my CSR, that it is covered with insurance. Does anyone know if I have to actually pay anything or if using URs is the same and has the insurance coverage?

Dh sm’d to close his CIP #1 from last year. They said they closed it but we can still see it in his account. I’ll give it a few more days. We were gonna gave me go for CIP #2 but we need to wait until after we close on our house in June. Chase called Dh today asking about the card we just closed since we’re getting our loan with them.
It should say account closed somewhere on that CIP. It will still have the old CL showing, not zero. There is a place in settings where you can hide accounts. If you don't do that, it will continue to show on your screen.

This always worries me about Colorado. Last May we were driving from Denver to Moab Utah and we stopped somewhere off 70 to take a bathroom break. When we came out, it was hailing . Luckily it was very small so no damage.
I am assuming if I rent a car through the Chase portal with my CSR, that it is covered with insurance. Does anyone know if I have to actually pay anything or if using URs is the same and has the insurance coverage?

When will you be here in CO? June is our worst month, followed by July. And certain areas just get it worse than others. @amalone1013 has way more hail storms than we seem to get. We didn't get any tonight, or any yet this year.

Ugh, of course, that’s a hectic morning for us since we need to check-out of the Hyatt, pick the rental car and drive from Orlando to Clearwater Beach. Off to put a reminder on my calendar so I don’t forget since we need flights to Punta Cana for Christmas and Orlando for Thanksgiving.

Which Clearwater hotel did you end up picking? I know you were going back and forth. We will be at the Sheraton Sand Key from June 16-21.

Did you check the available credit? Does it say $0? I think a lot of times they still show up for awhile.
The available credit says $0 and the credit limit hasn’t changed. This is our first time closing a card so thanks for your help!

It should say account closed somewhere on that CIP. It will still have the old CL showing, not zero. There is a place in settings where you can hide accounts. If you don't do that, it will continue to show on your screen.
Thanks I’ll try to figure out how to hide it!

ETA: I figured it out

When will you be here in CO? June is our worst month, followed by July. And certain areas just get it worse than others. @amalone1013 has way more hail storms than we seem to get. We didn't get any tonight, or any yet this year.
We'll be in Colorado Springs soon, May 11-18. I have been checking the weather more than I check the CC application status line. It was looking pretty good when I checked on Saturday. Now it looks like more days with a chance of rain. Oh well, if it rains we'll still enjoy it. DS and I still talk about the time we hiked in Spearfish Canyon in SD in a downpour. Donned our rain coats and trudged on. As long as it isn't lightening it will be ok.

It's really weird too, bc it did not hail my first two years here with my old car. Yeah. Tonight felt like Congrats, you basically own your car now so here's some hail! It was small and I think we're okay, will know for sure tomorrow when they're dry. And ILs said they rarely have gotten hail over the years or it's been small... last year was bigger by us, but we didnt get the crazy big stuff that down south got the next day. The year before that I got hit at work, that was much worse. It ruined all the chrome trim around the windows. My repair bill was like $9k vs $3k. And the year before that my sisters old car had the h*ll beat out of it down in cherry creek but we didnt get anything (still had my old car, see how that works?)

How long should you wait after reducing Chase biz credit lines to go for another biz card? I know on the personal we say to wait till it reflects in your credit report, but how do you know when it reports for biz cards?

I know you already received one response but wanted to add my confirmation. I dropped P2 biz credit lines two weeks ago and he was approved on Sat for CIP#2. I thought I had to wait longer, but got impatient and figured if needed he could always call in to recon in a few weeks once new limits reflected (statements all close tomorrow). But now it seems like I didn’t even need to wait that long because he was approved. (Although not instant, approval did not take long)

I've been in CO over 40 years, and last year was the first time I've had hail damage...but the claim was around $40K so it was a doozy.

CSR and UR redeemed through your CSR portal should give you primary coverage on a rental car. However, I've never looked at the exclusions or if there even are any.

It's really weird too, bc it did not hail my first two years here with my old car. Yeah. Tonight felt like Congrats, you basically own your car now so here's some hail! It was small and I think we're okay, will know for sure tomorrow when they're dry. And ILs said they rarely have gotten hail over the years or it's been small... last year was bigger by us, but we didnt get the crazy big stuff that down south got the next day. The year before that I got hit at work, that was much worse. It ruined all the chrome trim around the windows. My repair bill was like $9k vs $3k. And the year before that my sisters old car had the h*ll beat out of it down in cherry creek but we didnt get anything (still had my old car, see how that works?)
Last year was the massive storm that hit Golden and CO mills mall (closed the mall from May until Dec, iirc). We got just a few small kibbles in Littleton. Nothing big. We've not had a big storm by us in years but I see other areas getting pummeled so I know our time is coming:scared1: We've lived here 20 years and only had hail damage once and that was to our roof, which was an older, wood shingle roof that was in desperate need of replacement even before the hail. The hail just got it covered by insurance.

Barclays Business Aviator Bonus Now 75,000 Miles
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/barclays-business-aviator-bonus-now-75000-miles/
  • Earn 65,000 miles after $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days
  • Earn 10,000 miles when a purchase is made on an employee card
Link to Offer: https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/Landing.action?campaignId=2648&cellNumber=1

Ok Barclays, I see how it is! ...go from 50k, to 60k, now to 75k...

I’m beginning to deal with a little FOMO.

I’m planning a possible onsite trip for March and was considering hopping on the grAAvy train. I definitely have some studying to do but this seems like maybe a good start.
I was approved for my Barclay Arrival card in mid January.
Is it to soon to apply for this card and if I do, would I just use my name and SS# like Chase business cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter