I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I need help with travel insurance. The CSR and the Plat includes medical/death travel insurance?? Does anyone know what the travel insurance through Dreams covers? It is $450. does this normally include more things like financial loss or something?

And guess what... when I call the number to activate my employee card... it doesn't recognize the info I entered :badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc::badpc:
The card number is not recognized. At least I put in an $800 payment to plastiq's with DHs and got the processed email from Plastiq right away.

I had a problem getting my card activated too. I can't remember what ultimately happened, but I know I had to talk to someone. Everyone I spoke to at Barclays was incredibly rude. The first person I talked to couldn't find my account at all and when I finally mentioned AGAIN that it was a business card she snippily said "this is the personal line, you need to talk to someone in the business section." Ma'am, I just pressed the buttons and you were the one who answered... :sad2:

I couldn't "activate" either of my employee cards I received this week. Very frustrating - they worked for a purchase (I was attempting to get the match so I wanted to use each of them) so I just gave up on activating.

Same thing is happening to me on the employee card for the Aviator Biz - I'll try making a purchase any way to see what happens.

Couple questions on the Barclays AA Biz. Has anyone that didn't get instant approval, actually been approved?
Did anyone that requested the match to the higher 75 offer actually get the higher points?

I did get approved after mine went pending. I applied on the 50k offer and requested a match to 60k, which I never heard anything back from Barclay but the 10k match points did show up in my account.

I was approved after sending in utility bill, license, etc.

I'm sure I missed a few in my multi-quote, but I had a similar experience when I went to activate DH's employee card for my Aviator Biz yesterday. (I had SM'd to request the match to the higher offer + employee purchase. I got the response that my request has been forwarded, but nothing else yet. I decided to go ahead and order an employee card for DH and make a purchase just in case I can get those extra points.) When I entered the 16-digit card number on DH's employee card, the automated system told me it didn't recognize that number. I tried again thinking I had maybe keyed it in incorrectly, and same thing. But then it occurred to me that the sticker on DH's card said to have his employer call to activate, and when I (the employer) did so, it told me to enter my card number. So I thought maybe it wanted my card number and not DH's employee card number. So I entered mine, and the system told me mine was already activated, lol. But it did offer to let me activate another card, and this time when I entered the info from DH's card following the prompts, it successfully activated. It did make me select another pin, though, and it is not clear to me if that pin is just for DH's card, or if it changed the pin on my card. I'm not really planning to use this card much, so I don't really care. About a half hour later I put a small purchase from my work cafe on DH's employee card and it went through, so that card is now permanently in the sock drawer. Definitely not an easy process.

On the other question, I was not auto approved for the Aviator Biz, and Barclays called me well over a week later. That was a very easy conversation about the nature of my business, the other sources of income I had, etc. I was upfront that my business was a side business selling on eBay. No issue. The guy asked if he could move some CL from my personal Aviator (opened about a month before) over to the biz. I agreed and was approved. None of this nonsense about needing to send in "documentation." That is just so bizarre, and the disparate treatment we have seen here from Barclays on this is another head scratcher.

Quick question. Waiting for my Chase Southwest card to arrive in the mail. Got in on the 60k points after spending 2k in 3 months. I was wondering how quickly the points will be added to my account. Kind of hoping to spend the 2k in the first month and a half, hoping I will have the points before Southwest releases flights for February/March.
Your 60k points will post with your next statement close after meeting the MSR (minimum spend requirement) as long as you hit the MSR 5-7 days before your stmt close. If you hit it too close to stmt close date you might have to wait an additional month.

Lol! Same! I saw the $10 price and thought "we'll definitely do these". Told my dd's this was probably a testing price for Disney and demand will be great and they will be $15 next time we go, which we may not would pay for. Lol, not sure why $5 seems like so much more. Interestingly enough, my dd's decorate their own bands (actually do all of ours) and my dd16 said she'd still rather do her own because she prefers the uniqueness. So, there will be that market of people who like the decorated bands but consider their band a 'work of art' and would never just buy one from Disney. Too ordinary...

We're definitely doing them at $10 too. Of course, I had to convince my MIL that I really didn't mind paying the $10 for her to get one :rolleyes: I've already "spent" $7500 on this trip, another $10 for you to get a Slinky Dog magic band really isn't going to break the budget!

I think everyone but my BIL is going to get a $10 band. He's seen how people remove the portion of their magic band and putting it on the Apple Watch as a slider so he said he's just going to do that.

I see that the points from my Hyatt spend posted this morning, but not the second half of the SUB :sad2: Guess I’ll have to send an SM on that. Fortunately, I still have the last SM confirming that I do have the 60k point offer.

Follow up: Chase SMed me back and confirmed that I did have the 60k point offer and that I had met MSR and my 20k points will post with my next statement close. I guess I just hit MSR too close to my statement date.

So I'll preface this by saying that I do intend to fully meet the MSR for this card after the statement credit, but I just want to make sure this will work...

I should be able to hit MSR on DH's Citi AA biz by statement close date (6/6). That amount would include the $250 AA gift card though. Since the statement credit won't post until the statement close though, will the $250 count towards my MSR and mean I'll get the 40k points at statement close? I'll continue to spend the extra $250 after statement close to avoid any sort of clawback scenario, but I'm just wondering if I can expect to see the bonus miles shortly after 6/6.

You could try half the dose to see if they are calm, but not knocked out.

Soo bad. Be careful to check which “account” you are looking at. There’s a toggle at the top because even if you have no employee cards, there is a “company account” and “person account”. I almost made a payment late because it kept saying 0 balance until I clicked over to the other tab.

Or at least 2017.
Well the one dose didn’t work this morning because the one cat decided he didn’t want to eat the food that had it in it. I’m sure we’ll figure something out

I’m so nervous to plan my own trips. The only trips I have planned were Disney trips lol and that’s easy lol
I honestly think planning our own Japan trip made everything more personal because we had a hand in every aspect of the trip. We got to pick things we were most interested in and don’t have to work off someone else’s schedule. Was it a lot of work? Yes. But in the end I really do think it was worth it and there are so many good resources out there for planning your own trip.

Yeah it’s gabapentin. One cat decided he didn’t want to eat the food with it and he’s the one I was worried about meowing. He did terrible and yowled the whole time. The other cat didn’t meow once and almost fell asleep. We’re thinking next time we’ll give him tuna (which he loves) and a smaller portion because he might have just been too full.

My dog is on gabapentin and it does not sedate her at all. She takes it for her arthritis issues. She just started it a few weeks ago, not really sure it is doing anything at all for her. My DD was also on it for awhile for tummy issues.

My dog is on gabapentin and it does not sedate her at all. She takes it for her arthritis issues. She just started it a few weeks ago, not really sure it is doing anything at all for her. My DD was also on it for awhile for tummy issues.
I think it actually works for our cats. The problem is if the cat doesn’t want to eat at the time lol. I can’t just leave the food out because then the other cat wants to eat it which means she’ll be getting two doses. We’re gonna try tuna and a smaller serving of food and that might work. It might also help if we don’t put their dry food out right before

One more sw question. When I book with points it looks like there will be taxes. If I use my priority card will that count against my $75 annual credit? Or should I use the credit to buy a gift card and use the gift card to pay the taxes?

The sneakers in dark gray! They are so comfortable I didn't take them off when I tried them on! I wore them around the house for a few hours, then to walk the dog and then to my (emergency) dentist appt.

Wow. I’m so happy that you really love them. But I hope that dentist appointment was nothing too serious.

I'm still not sure how DHs birthday was wrong on the Citi app though... :confused3

Oh no! I was thinking about that yesterday, I'm worried they will 'sell out' and then we will have problems for the people who did get an order through and there not being enough stock... especially close trips

Yes!! That didn't even cross my mind until this!!

3686802.jpg

We can now!!

LOL! In Florida I find the 'white' season stretches until early November and starts again in March. I see people wearing white in December, but I tend to favor my heavier clothes in December & January.

@wendow @speedyfishy I completely agree with you both on the lower price for guest satisfaction!

But then it occurred to me that the sticker on DH's card said to have his employer call to activate, and when I (the employer) did so, it told me to enter my card number. So I thought maybe it wanted my card number and not DH's employee card number. So I entered mine, and the system told me mine was already activated, lol. But it did offer to let me activate another card, and this time when I entered the info from DH's card following the prompts, it successfully activated.
Aha!!!

I loaded a dollar on amazon so mine can sock drawer now.

This? :love:
View attachment 401944
I really wanted the stuff they had at Disney Springs my last visit but they only had a backpack (I would look like a silly old woman with a back pack) and wallet (I don’t want to hide it in my purse)
View attachment 401946
I have a weird obsession with Disney snacks considering I’m a dietitian. My lab coat at work has a Mickey shaped tomato pin.

Still catching up on posts, but I wanted to say DH just bought me that wallet for Mother's Day!

Wow. I’m so happy that you really love them. But I hope that dentist appointment was nothing too serious.

Unfortunately it was serious and it isn't resolved yet. At least 2 more trips and a lot of $$$. I didn't ask the cost, but I'm sure well over $1,000.00. The scans and x-rays this morning were $400.00. This afternoon he didn't even ask for payment since I have to go back either Saturday or Monday (he's rushing to get the work done because we leave for Japan on Tuesday evening). I am hoping that our dental plan will cover 50%.

And yes, I was wishing I had an MSR to be working on, but I am okay with it as I need points for our December Westin ski trip, so every little bit helps.

Very bad timing. I guess it could've been worse -- it could've happened IN Japan.

I think @CyndiLouWho's Caravan suggestion is a good one (and that looks like a fun itinerary), especially compared to ABD's price tag.* For me, I like DIY planning so that's how we've done CR on our past trips and have had a blast. No matter which way you go, CR is a fantastic place to visit! There's a ton to see and do.

*I did an 10 day trip to CR for 3 people (but it was in 2013), all-inclusive including airfare, for the price of 1 person on ABD.
We’ve been twice. Once DH and I did the Caravan tour, flew in to San Jose. Great time, very active. Saw lots and loved it. Second time, did an all inclusive resort in Guanacaste, flew into Liberia. We had then 3 yr old DS with us. It was actually kind of boring even though we did a few day trips. Of course having a 3 yr old limits you a bit, he just wanted to play in the pool or on the beach (I am not a beach person) I found staying at one resort very limiting and it was too far from any volcanos and the national parks I wanted to see. We could have planned to stay at multiple places but at the time I wasn’t a very experienced traveler (still not but better) and didn’t feel comfortable trying to plan it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter