I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you happen to have any trips soon? I saw the spirit jerseys in the parks a few weeks ago still. I've been debating that one because I love tiki room
I'm hoping it is still in the parks in Aug. Tiki room is one of my fav's and I've been planning to get that spirit jersey since it came out. If it's no longer around, pretty sure I will :sad:

We’ve been twice. Once DH and I did the Caravan tour, flew in to San Jose. Great time, very active. Saw lots and loved it. Second time, did an all inclusive resort in Guanacaste, flew into Liberia. We had then 3 yr old DS with us. It was actually kind of boring even though we did a few day trips. Of course having a 3 yr old limits you a bit, he just wanted to play in the pool or on the beach (I am not a beach person) I found staying at one resort very limiting and it was too far from any volcanos and the national parks I wanted to see. We could have planned to stay at multiple places but at the time I wasn’t a very experienced traveler (still not but better) and didn’t feel comfortable trying to plan it.

Same here, the first time we went we saw and did a lot of things (Poas Volcano, coffee farm tour, La Paz waterfall gardens, Proyecto Asis, ATVing, SkyTrek/Sky Walk, Manuel Antonio, a crazy adventure called 10-in-1 Tour, Villa Vanilla Spice Tour) and used private shuttles to get around. This last time we stayed a week at Punta Islita and while I'm so glad we did it and we did fun activities (and I used my 7 night Marriott cert and SW RRs to get us there and back) I missed getting around the country and seeing more of Costa Rica.

Sometimes I don’t know how to adult lol the driving does make me nervous I’m much more comfortable using public transportation. That’s why I think I could do most of Europe on my own, but some of these other countries scare me. I hope I get more comfortable. I remember reading your Costa Rica review and I really had no idea how you planned it. TBH I don’t even know what I want to do in these countries. I just want to see the world and do something different, but I don’t have anything specific in mind. So I don’t even know where to start. I was thinking maybe I could just take the Disney itinerary and copy it? But it seems like a lot of work.

Yes, you definitely could use the Disney itinerary to help you plan! That's what I do as a starting point, then get on Fodor's forums for travel tips and Tripadvisor to see what other travelers have enjoyed. Yes, it can be a lot of work but if you enjoy it then it's part of the fun! And save yourself a lot of money.

Can someone remind me when CSR travel credit stopped counting for points? It's only 600 but they clawed back after I cancelled wdw so I could rebook. Not worth the argument really since I pcd to CSP but I'm curious.

Do you happen to have any trips soon? I saw the spirit jerseys in the parks a few weeks ago still. I've been debating that one because I love tiki room

We leave for WDW June 7! But when we were at DLR last, they only had very limited sizes. Did they have a good selection at WDW? That would be awesome!

Decided to apply for BBP at 3 am and got a message to call AmEx. Do I call or wait it out? I had logged into my account and there was very little information I needed to enter.

All this kitty talk. This poor little girl is wondering our property. She was skiddish at first but really started to warm up to DS and me. I think she is hiding out under our shed. Our neighbor said her parents are put there watching over her and there are 3 other kittens who won’t come near. Poor thing is so thin, I gave her some turkey that I had.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Attachments

• 6D81B3D1-E3C0-4F7F-9CBB-C9829144341B.jpeg
    6D81B3D1-E3C0-4F7F-9CBB-C9829144341B.jpeg
    234.7 KB · Views: 21
And, I haven't forgiven them yet for taking away the Chase Lounge during Food and Wine....

The old Chase lounge was re-modeled and re-purposed. It's now one of the Club 33 lounges at WDW.

My dog is on gabapentin and it does not sedate her at all. She takes it for her arthritis issues. She just started it a few weeks ago, not really sure it is doing anything at all for her. My DD was also on it for awhile for tummy issues.

Gabapentin is an anti seizure medication but it is often used for pain management. Some of you may recall when I got Bell's Palsy last year during the China ABD trip. I never fully recovered. I have movement back but wound up with nerve damage. I was given Gabapentin to manage the pain. It affects the neurotransmitters in your brain so that affects how messages how the nerves are sent. It works, even when another pain management drug that starts with a letter T placed in front of the letters ram and also the letters adol didn't. This drug's name can't be typed out on the DIS. o_O Without it there were days that it felt like I got hit in the face with a bat. But, I don't like the side effects, mild dizzyness for me, and I hate taking drugs anyhow. It never made me tired or sleepy. I'm finally off of it and found a more natural approach to manage the pain.

Sometimes I don’t know how to adult lol the driving does make me nervous I’m much more comfortable using public transportation. That’s why I think I could do most of Europe on my own, but some of these other countries scare me. I hope I get more comfortable. I remember reading your Costa Rica review and I really had no idea how you planned it. TBH I don’t even know what I want to do in these countries. I just want to see the world and do something different, but I don’t have anything specific in mind. So I don’t even know where to start. I was thinking maybe I could just take the Disney itinerary and copy it? But it seems like a lot of work.

When I plan a trip on our own I start by reading the itineraris of ABD or another well respected tour company to see where they go. Then, I check out the TripAdvisor forums. Then, I will Google something like must do/see/visit places in (whatever country). Between these few steps I've felt pretty confident about doing stuff on my own.

As a churner it really isn’t crazy. Planning 18-24 months in advance gives you a chance to get the right points in the right currency. Even if you only have a rough idea of when, identifying where can be pretty helpful!

This. I always advocate start planning 2 years out for a specific trip and especially if you want to fly up front. If you have been at the churning game a long time and have built up a stash of point/mile currencies in various programs then you can be a little more spontaneous. I'm already planning another stay at the Al Maha and the Maldives. I'm shooting for sometime in the next 3 - 5 years as a rough idea. I think that is how long I will need to get the points in place and to fit it within current vacation plans/ideas.

I have my first glass ever of Krug (omg yum!) and this seat is massive. 3 feet across & my almost 6 feet of height don’t come close to touching the other side of the “suite”.

Isn't it amazing!

Last edited:
I know I'm late to the topic, but wanted to say that Sprint paid for my AAA renewal this year. Apparently it's a benefit they offer. Just had to register mine and DH's AAA accounts with our Sprint phone numbers about a month before renewal.
Wonder if T-mobile will offer the same now that they’re merging

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter