I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question about upgraded cards: is there an expectation (by AmEx) that you will keep them open for a year, counting from the date of the upgrade?

I also have this offer on my Gold and Green cards and am debating whether it makes sense to upgrade . . . but I'm not sure I understand the AF part. If I upgrade my Green card today, which I opened in August 2018, do I pay a prorated AF (for the 2 months) and then another AF is due in August? This is what would make sense to me since the account number stays the same, but I guess AmEx could look at upgrading as restarting the clock and charge the whole AF today.

This is what the quoted Reddit post had from u/aksurvivorfan:

"Amex prorates AF paid on pre-Biz-Plat card and then charges full Biz Plat fee. You have to keep card for a year after upgrade. ie DON'T CANCEL at original year anniversary of original card application as I've seen comments of it going badly (not this exact offer, but similar). DoC had a post about it."

I have been following this thread for a little over a week now. Pulled the trigger last night and applied for CIP#1. Got the overnight approval and made the call to have the card expidited. Hopefully tonight, we will put in P2's app to start her ride on the GrAAvy Train!!! Thanks to SouthFayetteFan for all of the help!:cool1:

This is what the quoted Reddit post had from u/aksurvivorfan:

"Amex prorates AF paid on pre-Biz-Plat card and then charges full Biz Plat fee. You have to keep card for a year after upgrade. ie DON'T CANCEL at original year anniversary of original card application as I've seen comments of it going badly (not this exact offer, but similar). DoC had a post about it."

So really it would be 14 months of AF for the 50,000 MRs? But I could get the airline credits twice, maybe?

So I think I came up with a six letter word that starts with f. It took me awhile because this word has become so pervasive in our vernacular I really don't think of it as being male associated.

Funny thing happened to me while I was darning my socks this morning....I "pricked" my finger.

The 5 letter one just doesn't seem "mean" enough :)

I did 3 a few hours ago, just did 1 more and then got an error on my 5th try. May wait a bit and try again later. I am confused why SB would do this - they are just giving away money!

Maybe this is why our ncraves are so bad...

I have been following this thread for a little over a week now. Pulled the trigger last night and applied for CIP#1. Got the overnight approval and made the call to have the card expidited. Hopefully tonight, we will put in P2's app to start her ride on the GrAAvy Train!!! Thanks to SouthFayetteFan for all of the help!:cool1:
Congrats... party: lots of CIP approvals today

Recon advice please:

Denied for CIP. Reasons given are: Length of time since revolving accounts have been established; too many accounts with balances; time since the most recent account opened is too short; too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Last account was opened 8/12/18 CFU. CIC opened 6/2018. Amex Bonvoy Biz 3/2018. CF was opened 1/10/18.
I have a CIC that had a balance less than $800 when I submitted the app and 3 non-biz Chase cards with balances and one Amex with a balance. No balances are overdue and no balances are close to the credit limit.
Not sure how they get too many inquiries in last 12 months. Credit Karma shows two inquiry in the last 12 months: The CIP June 2019 and Aug 2018.

My credit line on the CIC is 12K+.

I plan on calling to see if I can do anything to get the approval. Any advice based on the info above?

Thanks!
How is your total Chase credit limits...business and personal cards vs your household income ?
I would pay off the the balances even if they aren’t due yet prior to calling....and maybe offer to move some of the CICs 12k CL to the CIP....

If I am flying United out of O’Hare, will the Centurion Lounge be convenient to get to? I am thinking I can take my co-workers in with me and get some additional value out of that Platinum card.
Is there one at O'Hare? I don't see one listed.
I believe there is a PP lounge but I think it might be in the international terminal.

Recon advice please:

Denied for CIP. Reasons given are: Length of time since revolving accounts have been established; too many accounts with balances; time since the most recent account opened is too short; too many inquiries in the last 12 months.

Last account was opened 8/12/18 CFU. CIC opened 6/2018. Amex Bonvoy Biz 3/2018. CF was opened 1/10/18.
I have a CIC that had a balance less than $800 when I submitted the app and 3 non-biz Chase cards with balances and one Amex with a balance. No balances are overdue and no balances are close to the credit limit.
Not sure how they get too many inquiries in last 12 months. Credit Karma shows two inquiry in the last 12 months: The CIP June 2019 and Aug 2018.

My credit line on the CIC is 12K+.

I plan on calling to see if I can do anything to get the approval. Any advice based on the info above?

Thanks!
So it’s worth noting that these denial notices typically will cite numerous reasons but 1 is the “real reason”. I think it’s pretty clear that your real reason is the balances. You simply don’t have a lot of inquiries or new accounts. I think you want to pay down those balances and attempt to recon. Your issue is that they might need to do another pull to verify the balances were paid down. Your other option would be to wait 30 days and try again with the balances paid off. Either one results in another inquiry most likely.

EDIT: it doesn’t hurt to at least call and attempt recon. Reapplying is always an option in 30 days regardless.

Last edited:
still playing catch up today was DD5 pre k graduation so haven't been home much.

as for the name change with being married I moved my maiden name to an additional middle name since I had national medical awards and didn't want to lose the recognition. Only down fall is my two middle names now become one long one for my drivers license and my medical license is just the middle initials bc of space

Ok, last DVC question. SO and I would like to do our trips in September and December mostly December. The best use year would be summerish? March?
I'd do September but really any use year works it just becomes more important when you have to bank points or holding points to use them by a certain time.

The government secret has been released for Quarter 3...

Chase Freedom Q3 Bonus Categories: Gas Stations and Streaming Services.
Courtesy of OMAAT and TPG. (and I found it from LumpyLump76 on reddit)

ugg they couldn't do chase pay or grocery stores again. I just loaded up on shell gc since they were out of disney.

Ugh. Southwest is changing my flights. Do they not understand how much I agnozied over all of this?! I had a 9:30a back to Austin and they put us (I'm assuming all 6 of us, I need to check) on a 7:30a flight. That's just too early for me. Six people to pack out of a 2 night stay, having done Grand Canyon the day before. I just can't.

Then it looks like my OAK to PHX flight has new time adding 40 minutes to my layover there. Which I suppose is fine. Doesn't impact too much other than putting us to PHX a little later.

"In the event this new itinerary does not work for you, we are offering the one time opportunity to change your flight date(s) and/or time(s) by up to 14 days from original travel date at no additional cost in accordance with our established reaccommodation practices."

Does this mean I can choose any other flight, regardless of price vs what I originally booked? The 10:20 flight only has 2 seats left so it's either leave early or get home late. I guess 8:55a out isn't too bad, 1.5hr plane swap in ABQ though.
You can change airports and times and dates. They canceled our April flight and I moved it to a different airport, different time and day. no money out of pocket so got the better flight that I wanted but didn't want to really pay for :-)

Question on Amex and Staples. I have Staples offers on a few of my Amex cards (well all one account, but for all 4 card holders). This will work on Disney GC? And on each card, as long as each card has the offer? These are the exclusions I see...
" Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Excludes Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Copy and Printing Services, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, Staples Simplexity, Staples Share Fund, Coastwide Labs, Catalog and Staples Fundraising. Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member."

Question on Amex and Staples. I have Staples offers on a few of my Amex cards (well all one account, but for all 4 card holders). This will work on Disney GC? And on each card, as long as each card has the offer? These are the exclusions I see...
" Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. Excludes Quill, Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Copy and Printing Services, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, Staples Simplexity, Staples Share Fund, Coastwide Labs, Catalog and Staples Fundraising. Not valid for gift cards in bulk purchases. Offer is non-transferable. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member."

will work on any gift cards... i bought a $500 HDGC online.

Ugh. Southwest is changing my flights. Do they not understand how much I agnozied over all of this?! I had a 9:30a back to Austin and they put us (I'm assuming all 6 of us, I need to check) on a 7:30a flight. That's just too early for me. Six people to pack out of a 2 night stay, having done Grand Canyon the day before. I just can't.

Then it looks like my OAK to PHX flight has new time adding 40 minutes to my layover there. Which I suppose is fine. Doesn't impact too much other than putting us to PHX a little later.

"In the event this new itinerary does not work for you, we are offering the one time opportunity to change your flight date(s) and/or time(s) by up to 14 days from original travel date at no additional cost in accordance with our established reaccommodation practices."

Does this mean I can choose any other flight, regardless of price vs what I originally booked? The 10:20 flight only has 2 seats left so it's either leave early or get home late. I guess 8:55a out isn't too bad, 1.5hr plane swap in ABQ though.
I’m sure someone answered already but yes you would be able to switch to any flight regardless of price. I had to do it once to get home before a blizzard. I was even able to call and change flights to get home for my grandfather’s funeral a different time. No change fees, no additional points. Another reason I love Southwest. Hope you can find flights that work just as well... maybe even better for the same price!

ATTENTION:
VERY IMPORTANT INTERPRETATION OF ZODIAC SIGNS
(MORE SO THAN THE TALK THE OTHER DAY)

a1a57966ea8f6145b77e74d323def584.jpg
Lol I’ve never gotten a turkey leg from Disney before. My favorite is the pretzel but I’m not an Aries

DH app'd for CIP using my support link on 6/5. Went pending as expected. Approved by morning of 6/6. Was hoping to see support points pending in my account Tuesday, but they weren't there. No biggie though.

Check my SW account after seeing so many post about bonus points. I don't really recall enrolling in this promo, but I must have. Had 15K RR points post as a bonus!!

It's been a pretty decent couple of weeks!

:offtopic: Now that I am going to US in October, I've started getting excited about the new HP ride. It opened today and I was just looking at some videos. It looks amazing. Can not wait to try this one. If anyone goes before Oct, please share experiences!!
I’m sure I’ll be there before October

Anyone notice (who has a SPG Biz card) still have their SPG Biz card? lol

doesnt seem like they want to replace it.

I still have mine and DH's. When I log into AMEX site there's a message telling me I'm getting a replacement, but we've yet to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter