I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conversation Starter: How long have you gone without a new card? I bet I have the record here right now! I haven't gotten a new card (save the Hilton Ascend upgrade) since December. That's right - no accounts in 2019!

I will be under 5/24 next month, as will DH. This is my longest dry spell in seven years.
My wife went 13 months from June 2016 - July 2017. I went 14 months from Oct 2017 - Dec 2018. However during both of those periods, the other player was getting a lot of cards. :)

I love the name! Looking forward to hearing more about your trips!

I'm in the same place. Usually we just end up donating everything or giving it away to friends.

She did create the login. It's the linking part that's an issue. She looked it up online but the directions aren't working. Anything I'm missing?
I called in to take care of mine. I know some people don't like to call but I always find I get good results that way, haha! I call about a lot of things.

Still at 30 days on CIP. I did get the Plastiq promo and can use that for my horse insurance bill to perfectly finish off the MSR on my Citi AA biz. Statement closes 6/20 so I'll do that payment tomorrow and hopefully no issues getting the miles since I already got the statement credit. I never received any letter regarding the match I requested, even though the rep sounded positive about the match.

Realized my Geico insurance premium is due next month so I can probably put that on DH's Hilton Biz and put us over halfway to MSR.

I think I am going to follow the advice of the no fee Hilton personal card for me next. We're both locked out of Citi until around 9/1, so I guess I'll see what's going on with the train around then.

I definitely will NOT do a garage sale, but my neighborhood has an "online yard sale" page and I have sold a few items through there as well as FB marketplace, so those are all options for me too (and would save me a trip to the post office). But I'm kind of testing the waters to see how this works.

Worst case scenario, it'll be a trip to the Salvation Army to donate them. I'm sure they need toys and honestly, some of these MegaBloks sets are still unopened! It sort of hurts my heart but...well. I must get rid of some clutter!

I'm in the same place. Usually we just end up donating everything or giving it away to friends.

I would never do a garage sale by myself, but our neighborhood HOA does a few a year so all I have to do is set stuff up and open the garage if I want to join in. I think I've posted here that DH and I are slowly downsizing but upgrading our furniture now that we are empty nesters and I've actually had good luck selling our IKEA-grade stuff at garage sales. The things I'm on the fence about now are mostly craft things (esp. scrapbook things) that I am ready to let go (I've gone though the five stages of grief and accepted that I really am never going to finish those projects) but would feel better about it if I recouped a bit of what I spent.

I'm thinking it's a good day to apply for CIP 2... :hyper:
Yeah! All the cards we got together at the same time a year ago are coming up for another AF. And now we’re all doing the keep or cancel dance.

I really hesitated about canceling the Hilton Biz because I don’t want to piss off Amex. It’s “only” a $95 fee to keep it another year. But I just don’t spend much on the Hilton Biz because I use other Amex cards that earn bonus points in other currencies I value more right now for gas and dining, and then I end up forgetting about the Hilton Biz until I get an alert on my calendar that its statement is about to close, then I hurriedly throw a gas or dining charge on it so there’s at least some activity on the card for that month. I’ll never hit the $15k spend in a calendar year on this card required to get the Free Weekend Night cert. I’m already Hilton Gold status from my Plat card. So there’s really no benefit for me to keep the Hilton Biz. I also think my anemic and inconsistent spend on the Hilton Biz is probably more of a liability than just canceling it so that I can better focus my spend on the other cards I actually use. And my spend with Amex is pretty considerable. But who knows with Amex? I’ll just for sure not cancel the card before it hits 366 days and after the AF posts.
Or CIP3. I just submitted DW’s app. I was planning to do it this weekend, but then it’ll probably just sit at 30 day or 2 weeks until Monday. Sitting at 30 days now. Hoping for faster approval.
DW’s CIP2 was approved on 3/11/19.
CIP1 was opened 9/17, closed 10/18.

Funny, before I caught up to these posts (was making my way with about 10 to go), I decided to submit DH's app for CIP2. Figured it's Friday night, his last Chase card was the United Biz in March (just shortly before the deval and the emergence of the CIPpy cup :sad2:), and this would be DH's 4th Chase Biz, so was getting ready for the 30-day message. Instead...Instantly approved! I lowered his CLs earlier this week, and he's at about 33% of HI.

As for the Hilton Biz, I'm relatively certain I'll be canceling it. With the spend on my new Schwab, I'm hopeful it'll keep me in their good graces. I'd also like a BBP soon, so that would free up a slot.

I wanted to post this earlier

6PjbDxi.jpg

but 12 hours later, I'm still at 30 days...
I always say that the only day better than today to apply for a card is yesterday!!

My birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year. Really hate when that happens. Especially hated it when I was a kid and we got to pick our birthday meals. I am not a turkey fan. Now I hate it because it is a lot of work cooking all that darn food, and I usually do most of it. Except the turkey, don't touch that thing before or after it is cooked.

We share a birthday 😎
I don't cook though. I hate cooking. We visit DH's family and they cook on thanksgiving. I'd be totally fine staying home and doing nothing though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter