I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ya'll I've missed about a million posts b/c I was at Disney... Love the news thread on Reditt however it's awesome! I have a Hyatt availability question- using points, how good are they?I'm wondering ,do they let you book a room on points if they have any room available? Or is it more like IHG where they limit points rooms quite a bit? Trying to piece together a multi family trip in the future,and I don't want to start planning something that might become impossible to book(i.e. have a family gather points only to find no availability in a couple of months) I've found IHG to be pretty limited

If standard rooms are available rooms for points are available as well. Sometimes if the hotels are compressed they will sell upsell rooms only and not allow standard redemption. Usually if you are booking far out there is not a huge issue finding availability.

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency MCO airport the night we arrive. Chase Hyatt card has an offer of a free night after $3000 in spend (which is around our monthly spend) with a $95 annual fee. Hotel room rate after tax is $318. I like the idea of saving $223 but before I move forward with the card I wanted to know if there is a better reward offer out there that will allow me to use towards my stay there or if this card is worth having. thanks

Recent Cards:
Amex Delta 11/18

If you're ok with taking up a 5/24 spot, the BoA Premium Rewards Visa card is decent. $500/3K. $95 AF (not waived), $100 airline incidental credit (airline agnostic), no FTF, $100 credit for GE/TSAPreCheck q 4 years. Earns 1.5% everywhere, 2% travel and dining. 25%-75% bonus depending on Preferred Rewards status. His existing BoA relationship will probably help with getting approved. ETA: Do not use this card on Plastiq!! (that might make it out of the question for you? if so stick with Cap1)

The main difference between this and the Capital One Venture (and Cap1 was similar to the Arrival+ in this regard) is that with the BoAPR you can redeem as a statement credit without being forced to use it for travel credits in order to get the maximum out of the points/miles. For example with Cap1, if you have 10K miles you can redeem for a $100 travel credit or $50 cash. With BoAPR, 10K pts is worth $100 cash. A new benefit to the Cap1 is transfer partnerships with numerous airlines, but it's not a 1:1 transfer, that varies depending on the airline.

There are rumors of a new Arrival product. But the last time Barclays did that, it was an epic fail, and they returned to offering the Arrival+ again.

Thanks! I’d like to save one 5/24 slot for him over the next year for a Sapphire card since he doesn’t have one yet, but as long as multiple CIPs are a thing I’ll wait to get him one so as not to overdo it with Chase. I hadn’t even thought of something BoA so I will put that on my short list. Sounds versatile, though not being able to use it on Plastiq would be a negative. Also considering a Radisson card, which would be handy for Europe but not as versatile for other stuff. Plus it looks like using URs for Radisson might be the better deal for me right now.

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency MCO airport the night we arrive. Chase Hyatt card has an offer of a free night after $3000 in spend (which is around our monthly spend) with a $95 annual fee. Hotel room rate after tax is $318. I like the idea of saving $223 but before I move forward with the card I wanted to know if there is a better reward offer out there that will allow me to use towards my stay there or if this card is worth having. thanks

Recent Cards:
Amex Delta 11/18

That’s not a good value imo. I signed up for the Hyatt card and got 60,000 points. The Hyatt MCO is 15,000 points a night. I’d wait for the Hyatt card to have a better offer or sign up for a Chase UR earning card. CSP, CSR, CIP and transfer the 15,000 points to Hyatt.

Update on my CSR travel insurance claim for our cancelled flight a few weeks ago. I submitted all of the necessary documents on 6/10 and was notified of my reimbursement today! Had used the CSR for the $5.60 fee on SWA. The only thing they didn't reimburse was the A1-15 upgrade (which technically I got reimbursed from my Priority card anyway!).
What a great benefit of the CSR. Takes the sting out of trip issues!

You missed me!! Happy Monday for me! Woke up this morning and CIP2 is in my account and 85,000 points for CIP2 for DH posted today as well. So that makes 7 total Chase cards for me, including 4 business. Glad that I’ll be able to cancel one in three months. And looked at my phone log..only called 4 times yesterday! Glad I had a busy day! Hope the rest of you got approvals as well!

So I am the one still sitting at 30 days???

If standard rooms are available rooms for points are available as well. Sometimes if the hotels are compressed they will sell upsell rooms only and not allow standard redemption. Usually if you are booking far out there is not a huge issue finding availability.
thank you!

AHHH! I had a nagging feeling I was missing somebody! (I’ll confess I even did an advanced search to assuage my OCD, but I guess that wasn’t enough.) So glad to read you got approved as well! Congratulations!

Last edited:
I just referred my sister for her second CIP, but she got the message saying they need to review her information. She got a CIP about a year ago and had to send in documents for proof of address and I never got the referral bonus. I'm hoping I receive it this time!!

The worst thing? When you read the first book in a series and the library doesn’t have the rest of the series 😡 I just finished one last night and I couldn’t find the next book anywhere online. It was selling for $90 on amazon for some reason. I finally found it on EBay for $3.98 and got a $3 off promo code
Right????? I found an old mystery series I loved. I was so excited because some were on Kindle Unlimited! Turns out they had 1, 3, 4, and 20 :confused3 Ok, I'll try the library. They have 19. That's it. Not even paperback copies of the rest!!! So I broke down and bought 5-8 Kindle editions. If I want any of the other ones I'm going to have to go with used online. Maybe I should check ebay...

You could always start with gold, and then upgrade to platinum later on to avoid the blackouts. Gold only blocks the week of Christmas through New Years and the week of Easter. If you really want those dates, you could purchase gold and upgrade to platinum the day before the blackout starts in December. You would have full summer access and save some money. Silver would block parts of the summer so avoid that one.
Does gold include the water parks?

Went on a 5.5 mile beach walk this morning and currently sitting poolside. Bored off of my rocker. Lol Relaxing vacations are not for me. I do have a book to read but I get distracted easily with all the kid and bird noises.
I’m the exact same way. I can’t sit for more than an hour without getting bored

Ok. I broke down and checked the automated status line tonight, and DW has been approved for CIP3 with a $9k CL!

CIP1: Opened 9/17, closed 10/18
CIP2: Approved 3/11/19, still open with CL reduced to $1k as of a month ago.
Also open: CIU approved in 9/18 ($5k CL), and a CIC approved in 12/18 ($1k CL).

Tagging @DisneyMandC, @elgerber, and @disneymagicgirl — thanks for waiting along with me this weekend. I hope you all hear your good news soon!
Yay, congrats! I was too deep into gilmore girls last night to check, but this morning called and got the approval!!! 100k URs here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter