I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has everyone seen the new Imagination Pink line? I emailed my mom and DH the jersey and told them I wanted them to buy that for me for my birthday. I've been looking at those jerseys for so long and have never really found one I liked, but I love this color!!
Yes! I just bought the Purple Potion jersey on my recent trip and got mad when I saw this pink one because I like it better!

Just called Chase Travel about transferring my RCCL cruise. She said they usually request some type of payment when the cruise is transferred so they have some money on it. I said if I am transferring it then that means I have had to put a deposit down. She was going to talk to her supervisor about making an exception for the later payment (which makes total sense since my PIF date is so far out.) She said she would call me back tomorrow. I guess worst case scenario, I use a substantial portion of my stash for a free cruise.

Thanks! It isn't something I've looked into carefully, so that's good to know.

I would add that, as you know, UR is a much more flexible currency. With UA going dynamic, who knows how far 50k miles will get you. You might score a really good award redemption or be on the losing end of the new no ceiling system. Given UR transfers to UA 1:1, you can compare how many UR points you'd be using for the same flight if you booked as a cash fare on the UR portal vs. transferring UR>UA and booking an award directly with UA. Keeping your stash in UR gives you that option. I frequently find that using UR to book a flight through the UR portal costs less UR points using a CSR than transferring UR points to UA 1:1, and as a cash fare I earn UA miles on that booking. If the UA award costs less UR>UA, then the transfer is instantaneous. Another factor in favor of UR, you can combine points within your household, which is useful for making large redemptions; whereas it's cost prohibitive to transfer UA miles between partners.

Last edited:

Prepaid cards don't earn gas points at Safeway... unless there's a promo I don't know about?

@Lain - I flat out don't know what I'm talking about! First of - I was thinking Giant, because I got so many fuel perks there last week. And before last week it had been ages since I'd had fuel points at either store.

And now I remember that there are no points with prepaid cards. Thanks, so I didn't run out there tonight for nothing, as I was actually still thinking this on the way home from picking up my vehicle at the shop.

Plus, after picking up the vehicle, it needed gas so I went to the Giant gas bar and screwed up getting my gas discount. It didn't credit because I may not have answered 'yes' to the question 'do you want to use your fuel perks?'. Anyway the gas bar attendant gave me my $30 credit in cash and said 'you still have your perks'. Sometimes it pays to be old and not do things exactly right. Not on purpose, of course, it was trying to see the screen in the sun with my readers.

So, since product changing from Freedom to
Mefordis cards:
11/17 - CHASE United Personal
11/17 - BARCLAYS JetBlue Personal
11/17 - AMEX SPG Business*
12/17 - CHASE Freedom
12/17 - CHASE Marriott Personal
01/18 - CHASE Sapphire Reserve (AU)
05/18 - AMEX Hilton Business*
08/18 - CHASE Marriott Business*

5/24 with one as an AU card (potentially could remove this and dispute it) and 4 cards falling off in Nov/Dec.

Husband cards:
12/17 - BARCLAYS JetBlue Personal
01/18 - CHASE Sapphire Preferred
01/18 - CHASE Sapphire Reserve
03/18 - AMEX SPG Business*
05/18 - CHASE Marriott Personal
08/18 - CHASE Ink Preferred Business*
11/18 - CHASE United Personal

5/24 with 1 card falling off in Dec and 2 falling off in Jan.

Laid out in the proper format, it is far easier to dish out some good advice. There was unfortunately no consistency to how you showed things before. Unfortunately, I don’t have much advice to give here, I wish we could rewind the clock and not apply for a bunch of these cards and have maintained a better 5/24 status. I’m not saying that to be rude, just an observation to benefit others.

I appreciate your feedback. I think one (of several) errors I made was product changing from the CSP to the CF. I did it for the ability to earn more points in 5% categories, and we have. However, at the time I didn't think about the fact that I would lose my Ultimate Rewards account. I needed that in order to move dh's points to mine and vice versa. Once I product changed I lost that ability and needed his UR's to go into my United account, where most of our miles were sitting, to complete our airline ticket purchase.

If I removed myself as AU on the CSR, could I then apply for a CSP again, or even CSR for myself in Dec, when the Chase United falls off, opening up a 5/24 slot? If I was denied, I would still be without a UR account to move dh's points into but I could just use his United account, I suppose, until I am able to open another card.

Just called Chase Travel about transferring my RCCL cruise. She said they usually request some type of payment when the cruise is transferred so they have some money on it. I said if I am transferring it then that means I have had to put a deposit down. She was going to talk to her supervisor about making an exception for the later payment (which makes total sense since my PIF date is so far out.) She said she would call me back tomorrow. I guess worst case scenario, I use a substantial portion of my stash for a free cruise.
I have only been able to transfer with full payment of UR's. I know others in the past have been successful with PIF at a later date. Hope you are one of the lucky ones!

Ladies and gentlemen...I have reached the sea of tranquility, I reside in the forest of serenity, I’m experiencing the joy of pure ecstasy for I’ve achieved the sensation of sweet victory...

I give to you...my ultimate rewards:
View attachment 409187

:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hey @SouthFayetteFan, congratulations! And to think you hit 1 MILLION URs in just a year!
pixiedust::cheer2:party::cheer2:pixiedust:

Bravo! I'm glad you listened to your own advice!

Just to follow up on my previous post, it seems that not being an AU would be an impediment to transferring points to a spouse's mileage programs, across the board. For example, if both dh and I have accumulated points in separate MRs accounts and need to transfer them to one frequent flyer account (since the odds of having even points in both and ability to split the points as needed are slim), how would that work?

For example, if we each had MR accounts and I had 100 in my account and he had 180 in his, and we needed to transfer those points to say British Airways to buy 4 tickets at 70k points each, how would that work? He could transfer to his and i could transfer to mine but we'd only be able to buy one ticket from my account and two from his. Anyone run into problems with this?

So, since product changing from Freedom to

I appreciate your feedback. I think one (of several) errors I made was product changing from the CSP to the CF. I did it for the ability to earn more points in 5% categories, and we have. However, at the time I didn't think about the fact that I would lose my Ultimate Rewards account. I needed that in order to move dh's points to mine and vice versa. Once I product changed I lost that ability and needed his UR's to go into my United account, where most of our miles were sitting, to complete our airline ticket purchase.

If I removed myself as AU on the CSR, could I then apply for a CSP again, or even CSR for myself in Dec, when the Chase United falls off, opening up a 5/24 slot? If I was denied, I would still be without a UR account to move dh's points into but I could just use his United account, I suppose, until I am able to open another card.
The other option is to remove yourself as AU and contact the 3 credit bureaus and dispute the AU. It is an easy online process to complete. Just tell them it is not your account and you are not financially responsible for it.

Okay because of this I feel like I have to get the platinum plus APs now...

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/break...previews-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/
What do you guys think? I didn’t want to deal with SWGE at all but having this preview would be awesome. I’ve never done these before so I’m guessing you reserve a time online maybe? We need to get our APs ASAP.

We have platinum AP's because we were down in December during black out days. Sure, would love to go to the preview but no way am I able to get down there that time of year.

The other option is to remove yourself as AU and contact the 3 credit bureaus and dispute the AU. It is an easy online process to complete. Just tell them it is not your account and you are not financially responsible for it.

Thanks. If I did that and they did remove it for me (I think my husband has to call, right?) it seems I'd immediately drop to 4/24 and could apply for a CSR or CSP, right?

I have only been able to transfer with full payment of UR's. I know others in the past have been successful with PIF at a later date. Hope you are one of the lucky ones!
I hope so, I stressed it several times. I have all of the URs in place, I’ll just be sad to see them go.

Thanks. If I did that and they did remove it for me (I think my husband has to call, right?) it seems I'd immediately drop to 4/24 and could apply for a CSR or CSP, right?

Wrong. Chase now has a 48-month restriction on Sapphire bonuses. You got your CSR in 01/2018, which means you're locked out of another Sapphire bonus for 4 years after you received the bonus on your CSR, or sometime after 02/2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter