I love credit cards so much! v2.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to look into that. I’m only explorist but that would be better than nothing for IHG I’m sure. Choice will status match with marriott at least I know. I’m planning to wait until after July 1 and match because then I think it’s good through 2020. Choice Hotels aren’t great. And I say that as someone who frequently stays in choice hotels lol.

DH applied for the IHG status match and it said it would take a week or two to let him know if it worked. But yes I figure why not try? With Choice, yes it seems like waiting until July 1 would be the right way to go so we will wait. The Choice affiliate we booked looks pretty nice (and there's an even nicer and more expensive one nearby) but it's not in the US. They seem to have many, many to choose from in Scandinavia, ranging from budget to luxury hotels.

Did you get the statement credit or MR version of these offers?

I got the MR version of the Caviar offer on my BGR.

DW's Rose Gold AU got the MR version of the Vineyard Vines offer, but I only have the cash back version of Vineyard Vines on all my cards. For some reason, DW's Rose Gold AU always gets the MR versions and occasionally gets the cash back versions too, allowing the two offers to stack. DW's Rose Gold AU has been a gold mine of MR points because of this. I can't explain it, but I'll take it.

My Biz Plat, BGR, and Biz Greens tend to get more MR offers than my personal Plat and Gold, which get mostly cash back offers. :confused3

The VV offer is for $ (on DD's card) and the Caviar offer is for MRs (on DH's biz plat.)

So for us, too, it's MRs on the biz card and dollars on the personals. Same thing happened for us with the Princess cruise deal. I'm annoyed about the VVines offer since they know we shop there (maybe that's the problem?). I had a hunch that I wouldn't be getting great offers since I pretty much wiped out my MR stash buying tickets to Europe, while DH still has a decent amount, but even his cards didn't have much.

Okay because of this I feel like I have to get the platinum plus APs now...

http://blogmickey.com/2019/06/break...previews-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/
What do you guys think? I didn’t want to deal with SWGE at all but having this preview would be awesome. I’ve never done these before so I’m guessing you reserve a time online maybe? We need to get our APs ASAP.

Preview events tend to go well. Pandora preview was with online reservations if memory serves.

My dd had a CM friend get her the figment tee today. She’s so excited!!

I'm hoping to get that shirt too but I'm not headed back to WDW until August. I also want the ornament. I picked up the tee shirt and ornament for the Osborne Festival of Lights farewell too. I think this will now be a tradition. Tee shirt and ornament for the farewells of each of my favorite things :sad1:

If anyone sees these open up for reservation pls try to tag me. I don’t get the emails and by the time I see a post it is usually too late.

Will do, and I'll request the same.

Sorry, just to be clear, the 5/24 rule affects applications for Chase personal and small business credit cards (including the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Business Preferred). ... If you are an authorized user of another card (i.e. your spouse's card), it will count towards your5/24 card tally.
First step: get yourself under 5/24 by removing yourself as DH's CSR AU. Then get the AU account removed from your credit reports.

2. That gets you back to 4/24, until your cards start dropped off around 12/19.

3. Being under 5/24 means you can apply for the CIP.

4. Stay under 5/24 with no personal credit card applications until at least 12/19. Stick to business cards.

5. If you apply for any personal card, from Chase, Amex, or any other issuer, that will take you back to 5/24. Then no more Chase cards, no more CIPpy cup.

Got it. One obstacle to me taking myself off his CSR right now is once I take myself off dh's CSR as AU, I no longer get to transfer his URs to my United MileagePlus account. With us planning our Japan trip, and if I commit to using ONLY URs, I will need to be able to move those URs to my account...UNLESS I hold only enough URs to buy the outbound tickets then transfer the remaining URs into his mileage plus account. It's just that I would HAVE to be sure I wouldn't need to transfer any additional points into mine, which is risky. Man, I really need a Sapphire card right now. Should not have product changed that CSP. Maybe I should ask if they will product change it back?? Would they do that? We already each have a Freedom card so that would leave us with two of them.

Sorry, just to be clear, the 5/24 rule affects applications for Chase personal and small business credit cards (including the Chase Sapphire Preferred and Ink Business Preferred). ... If you are an authorized user of another card (i.e. your spouse's card), it will count towards your5/24 card tally.

Got it. One obstacle to me taking myself off his CSR right now is once I take myself off dh's CSR as AU, I no longer get to transfer his URs to my United MileagePlus account. With us planning our Japan trip, and if I commit to using ONLY URs, I will need to be able to move those URs to my account...UNLESS I hold only enough URs to buy the outbound tickets then transfer the remaining URs into his mileage plus account. It's just that I would HAVE to be sure I wouldn't need to transfer any additional points into mine, which is risky. Man, I really need a Sapphire card right now. Should not have product changed that CSP. Maybe I should ask if they will product change it back?? Would they do that? We already each have a Freedom card so that would leave us with two of them.
If you get a CIP you’ll have a UR card that can transfer to United :) (But you can’t get a CIP if you don’t remove that AU).

From your DH's account, SM Chase to request removal of you as an AU on his CSR. After DH receives confirmation that you have been removed as an AU on his CSR, then...
FYI, when I removed my self as AU on DHs CSR, Chase refused to do it until I returned the card. They sent a prepaid envelope and I returned it. Then they cancelled my AU and credited the annual fee.

I haven’t followed every detail of your saga, but you should be able to PC a Freedom to CSP.

If you get a CIP you’ll have a UR card that can transfer to United :) (But you can’t get a CIP if you don’t remove that AU).

True. But I don't think that would solve the problem of dh's URs not transferring to my United account. I need my name on that CSR in order to do that. I wonder if I can product change back to the CSP, If I did this I could remove myself from dh's CSR and free up a slot.

True. But I don't think that would solve the problem of dh's URs not transferring to my United account. I need my name on that CSR in order to do that. I wonder if I can product change back to the CSP, If I did this I could remove myself from dh's CSR and free up a slot.

You don't need to be an AU to move your URs from your account to your DH's. I do it all the time and I don't have an AU on any of his cards. I think this is what posters are trying to explain. Yes, you would need it to move point to United, but instead you can consolidate them all as Chase URs and then buy your tickets.

Thought I would share our point balances since starting 11 months ago:

326,000 UR (plus 85K when I finish my CIP spend)
85,000 Hyatt
137,000 Southwest RR plus Companion Pass

It doesn't look like much compared to other posters :laughing: since dh is a (not as) reluctant (anymore) P2.

But those points alone will get us
  • flights for dh and I to visit family in CA and CO at least once more with the CP
  • flights for 4 to/from WDW next March
  • lay-flat flights on United Polaris to/from Australia next September
  • internal flights in Australia, redeemed through the UR portal for Virgin Australia w my CSR
  • car rentals in Perth/Western Australia and in Yulara/Uluru, through the UR portal
  • 2 nights at the Park Hyatt Sydney
  • 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency Perth (one w points, one w free night cert)

No you don't. DH is not an AU on any of my Chase cards. I am not an AU on any of his Chase cards. Here is how DH can transfer his URs to my United account.

His CSR UR points transferred to my CSR account. Then I transfer those UR points to my United account. We have done this both ways, his to mine and mine to his more times than I can count. Again, I am not and never have been an AU on any of his cards. He has not and never has been an AU on any of mine. Hope that helps.

There are no dates there yet, correct? I didn't miss them?
Nope no dates yet. We have to get our passes before they announce them though

I was hoping there would be a preview and speculatively booked a DVC room the weekend before the opening just in case. I figured if they didn't do a preview, I'd just go enjoy the water parks or something. It was going to be a win/win either way.

You don't need to be an AU to move your URs from your account to your DH's. I do it all the time and I don't have an AU on any of his cards. I think this is what posters are trying to explain. Yes, you would need it to move point to United, but instead you can consolidate them all as Chase URs and then buy your tickets.

I need to be able to move dh's URs to my United account. I cannot do that unless I am either an AU on his account or have my own Sapphire account where I could move our URs between the two accounts. I'm trying to buy tickets with my United MileagePlus account, not through the UR portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter